Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Is Lin getting ahead of himself

  1. #16
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    F that i would trademark that sht too if i were him

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Periods are frightening things.
    _____________________________________
    Fair enough if Linsanity gets benefits for the biggest sports story of the year. All done on his own accord as a result of hard work. He thanks god for it, which seems pointless, but whatever gets him motivated makes my day better as a result! Praise Jesus!
    I drink wine in the name of Jebus on a daily basis.

    My main point was that the showbiz industry and celebrity lifestyle can have a detrimental effect on people's lives. Especially if they go from being unknown to a global icon in the space of a few weeks. Regardless of whether or not I agree with how much they deserve the money they make, this discussion is purely based on Lin's ability to continue to improve. I don't think we can honestly speak of 'Linsanity' until there is a proven and consistent record of top performances from him. I was merely pointing out that I hope he hasn't bought into it either, and will continue to focus on the task at hand.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Vinsanity is trademarked why not Linsanity. I hope JLin makes a ton of loot on it because it'll mean he's playing great.

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hell, i would have did this a few games ago, i see no problem with this.Just keep up the great play, LINSANITY.

  5. #20
    Member unloopme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Jill Martin's Thong
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Well I doubt it's taking up too much of his time...

    Advisors: Hey Jeremy, you should trademark "Linsanity"

    Jeremy: Ok, get on that.

    Advisors: Ok.
    I'll bet this was pretty much the whole conversation. Repped.
    Stupid to even have an opinion on this. This thread is useless.

  6. #21
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Lol come on, he's not getting ahead of himself for that!

    Like people said, it cost him like 5 minutes of his time. It's not even an issue ....and it's his godgiven right to try and claim the rights to that phrase, because he made himself....it's not like Nike promoted him as the best thing on earth since his High School days....like they did with Lebitch, who still hasn't won anything, but acts like he's Lawrence Taylor, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan combined.

    THAT's getting ahead of yourself

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    I drink wine in the name of Jebus on a daily basis.

    My main point was that the showbiz industry and celebrity lifestyle can have a detrimental effect on people's lives. Especially if they go from being unknown to a global icon in the space of a few weeks. Regardless of whether or not I agree with how much they deserve the money they make, this discussion is purely based on Lin's ability to continue to improve. I don't think we can honestly speak of 'Linsanity' until there is a proven and consistent record of top performances from him. I was merely pointing out that I hope he hasn't bought into it either, and will continue to focus on the task at hand.

    u are absolutely wrong for this thread.....Jeremy Lin brang "SANITY" into MSG....
    guys like u forgot the 1-9 record before Lin-Sanity.
    Sports Illustrated made no mistake putting Lin-Sanity on their cover....
    if its only for a moment let Lin-Sanity shine for that moment.
    HATERS!!!

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u are absolutely wrong for this thread.....Jeremy Lin brang "SANITY" into MSG....
    guys like u forgot the 1-9 record before Lin-Sanity.
    Sports Illustrated made no mistake putting Lin-Sanity on their cover....
    if its only for a moment let Lin-Sanity shine for that moment.
    HATERS!!!
    Haters? I doubt most of you using that word even know what it means. You've been dishing it around to people who offer an alternative opinion for years.

    Anyways when Lin performs to Nash's level for the amount of time Nash did, then I will definitely acknowledge him as a top PG. Until he does I will just follow developments and hope for the best. 12 games can in no way be enough to make a sane person develop a rounded opinion on a player.

    Much like the first 15 games should not have been enough for all those passionately calling for D'Antoni's head to have a rounded opinion of the situation.

  9. #24
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    STFU! You ****in tards crying because he doesn't want to be taken advantage of. Eat a fat hater c0ck and leave Linsanity alone. ****in guys always gotta ****in knit pick everything.

  10. #25
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u are absolutely wrong for this thread.....Jeremy Lin brang "SANITY" into MSG....
    guys like u forgot the 1-9 record before Lin-Sanity.
    Sports Illustrated made no mistake putting Lin-Sanity on their cover....
    if its only for a moment let Lin-Sanity shine for that moment.
    HATERS!!!


  11. #26
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I feel bad for the person who came up with "Linsanity" first lol. Whether he made it up or not though, his name is in it, so he earns the rights to make money off of it.

    I rather him make a billion dollars off of it than taking up a bunch of cap space hurting our chances to win and hurting our future.

  12. #27
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    How is he getting ahead of himself? If anything, he's just being smart.

  13. #28
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    He's a grown man if he wants to trademark his nickname then so be it.

    If he wanted to tattoo Linsanity on his god-dam forehead then so be it.


  14. #29
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    Anyways when Lin performs to Nash's level for the amount of time Nash did, then I will definitely acknowledge him as a top PG. Until he does I will just follow developments and hope for the best. 12 games can in no way be enough to make a sane person develop a rounded opinion on a player.
    So you'll acknowledge him as a top PG in like 15 years?

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Names like this put a bunch of un-needed pressure on your game. Personally, I think Lin-tensity is more fitting. Lin-sanity is more about the times...and as time passes the linsanity will die down...but his intensity should still be prevalent.

    Fads come and go, and this will too...besides, the name is not really original... as Vince Carter was already known for the same name for some time now...and rightfully earned it. Lin was probably going to get cut 2 weeks ago, so he still has a bunch of time left to prove he's worthy of any such name. I don't blame him from locking down the name, thou. Why not get a % of the money that was made off of you?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 02, 2012, 01:24
  2. Important 12 days ahead of the Knicks
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2010, 11:36
  3. Looking Ahead
    By nyk_nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2008, 15:24
  4. Moving on, What to look for ahead....
    By madskillz7312 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2004, 18:51
  5. Rough road ahead
    By newmove in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2004, 13:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •