Is Lin getting ahead of himself

Lol come on, he's not getting ahead of himself for that!

Like people said, it cost him like 5 minutes of his time. It's not even an issue ....and it's his godgiven right to try and claim the rights to that phrase, because he made himself....it's not like Nike promoted him as the best thing on earth since his High School days....like they did with Lebitch, who still hasn't won anything, but acts like he's Lawrence Taylor, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan combined.

THAT's getting ahead of yourself :thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
I drink wine in the name of Jebus on a daily basis.

My main point was that the showbiz industry and celebrity lifestyle can have a detrimental effect on people's lives. Especially if they go from being unknown to a global icon in the space of a few weeks. Regardless of whether or not I agree with how much they deserve the money they make, this discussion is purely based on Lin's ability to continue to improve. I don't think we can honestly speak of 'Linsanity' until there is a proven and consistent record of top performances from him. I was merely pointing out that I hope he hasn't bought into it either, and will continue to focus on the task at hand.

u are absolutely wrong for this thread.....Jeremy Lin brang "SANITY" into MSG....
guys like u forgot the 1-9 record before Lin-Sanity.
Sports Illustrated made no mistake putting Lin-Sanity on their cover....
if its only for a moment let Lin-Sanity shine for that moment.
HATERS!!!

TakMan

Rotation player
u are absolutely wrong for this thread.....Jeremy Lin brang "SANITY" into MSG....
HATERS!!!

Haters? I doubt most of you using that word even know what it means. You've been dishing it around to people who offer an alternative opinion for years.

Anyways when Lin performs to Nash's level for the amount of time Nash did, then I will definitely acknowledge him as a top PG. Until he does I will just follow developments and hope for the best. 12 games can in no way be enough to make a sane person develop a rounded opinion on a player.

Much like the first 15 games should not have been enough for all those passionately calling for D'Antoni's head to have a rounded opinion of the situation.

nyk_nyk

All Star
STFU! You ****in tards crying because he doesn't want to be taken advantage of. Eat a fat hater c0ck and leave Linsanity alone. ****in guys always gotta ****in knit pick everything.

a8EXP.gif

nyk_nyk

All Star
HATERS!!!

TwHbb.gif

:beer:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I feel bad for the person who came up with "Linsanity" first lol. Whether he made it up or not though, his name is in it, so he earns the rights to make money off of it.

I rather him make a billion dollars off of it than taking up a bunch of cap space hurting our chances to win and hurting our future.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He's a grown man if he wants to trademark his nickname then so be it.

If he wanted to tattoo Linsanity on his god-dam forehead then so be it.

:smokin:

smokes

Huge Member
Anyways when Lin performs to Nash's level for the amount of time Nash did, then I will definitely acknowledge him as a top PG. Until he does I will just follow developments and hope for the best. 12 games can in no way be enough to make a sane person develop a rounded opinion on a player.

So you'll acknowledge him as a top PG in like 15 years? :smokin:

Names like this put a bunch of un-needed pressure on your game. Personally, I think Lin-tensity is more fitting. Lin-sanity is more about the times...and as time passes the linsanity will die down...but his intensity should still be prevalent.

Fads come and go, and this will too...besides, the name is not really original... as Vince Carter was already known for the same name for some time now...and rightfully earned it. Lin was probably going to get cut 2 weeks ago, so he still has a bunch of time left to prove he's worthy of any such name. I don't blame him from locking down the name, thou. Why not get a % of the money that was made off of you?

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;211204 said:
Periods are frightening things.
Fair enough if Linsanity gets benefits for the biggest sports story of the year. All done on his own accord as a result of hard work. He thanks god for it, which seems pointless, but whatever gets him motivated makes my day better as a result! Praise Jesus!

If that was directed at me, then understand that I just hate when WE as fans, hate on a sports figure because he makes more money then we do.

He does something we can not do! If the NBA was made up of every one of us on this forum games would be 45-41 after 48 minutes of play. Half of us would die on the court. We would never see highlights.

They get paid and well for entertaining us. Live with it or don't watch. Every game you watch, pay to see live or jersey you buy you line his pockets and the billionaire owners.

Lin is scraping the bottom of the NBA payroll barrel right now. :2cents::2cents::2cents:
If he wants to trademark his Linsanity then let him. Do yuo not want another NY player with star power?

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
MSG, the Knicks and the NBA are already making millions off of Lin. If anything he is being criminally under-compensated right now. I think he's making a smart move to ensure that he gets his fair slice of the pie. Whether you're GOAT or just a scrub, if people are profiting off of your name then you'd be crazy not to demand your due.