Thread: Zhejiang claim that JR Smith racked up over $1M in fines by skipping practice.

Nyk Logo Zhejiang claim that JR Smith racked up over $1M in fines by skipping practice.

NEW YORK
    J.R. Smith denied racking up more than $1 million in fines during his stint in the Chinese Basketball Association earlier this season, the New York Post reported Thursday.

Niubball.com cited a report indicating the Knicks' new shooting guard was fined $1.06 million while with the Zhejiang Golden Bulls because he missed practices.

"Not even close," Smith said Wednesday.

The Knicks added the three-point king earlier this month to deepen the team's backcourt depth after he became eligible to sign an NBA deal following his spell in the CBA.

Despite leading the league in scoring, including posting 60 points in a single game, Smith endured a tough time with the Golden Bulls with his lockout-driven move marred by a spate of off-the-court incidents.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I deal with the Chinese often. Though I'm not enough of an idiot to group together all Chinese as exploitative poo jabbers, this is typical Chinese caustic behavior.

Practice? We talkin' bout practice?

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Practice? We talkin' bout practice?

Superstar

I don't care what he did over there, as long as he performs for the Knicks, period.