who consider Knicks MVP first half season?

fakeknicksfan

Benchwarmer
What does MVP stand for? Most Valuable Player?
Then who's most valuable? Without Lin, what do we have? How valuable will the other players are?

If your question is : who's the best player? then, we might have a debate here.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Tyson Chandler. no question.
+1 I gotta go with Chandler as well.

While Lin came in and lead that 7 game winning streak to get us back to around .500, I dont believe he could of done that without Chandler holding down the 5 the way he did. However, Chandler couldnt/didnt do it without Lin either, but given how big of an impact Chandler has had on our D and team as a whole, he no question in my team MVP so far.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
You guys voting for TC must be insane. JLin w/o question, we were 2-11 with TC before Jlin, like the media has been saying the young man saved our season.

Thats true, cant argue facts.

However, does Lin do that WITHOUT TC holding down the 5 the way he has? We obviously will never know for sure, but I dont see Lin doing much better with the team Chandler was playing with (minus Chandler and adding Lin ofcourse).

Point is, that winning streak didnt happen (and IMO wouldnt of happened) with just Lin, or just Chandler......we needed both to accomplish that. Since Chandler has been playing all season and with how much he has improved our D and how consistent he is night in and night out, he edges out Lin for team MVP so far.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Hands down Chandler just from him not having the biggest contract but the biggest mouth on the court and communication was our biggest problem for the past DECADE.

Then Lin

Then Mike Woodson although of course he is not a player but has had a HUGE affect on this team.

Then JJ.

A year ago any of us saying JJ would of been banned from this site. Funny how things change.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thats true, cant argue facts.

However, does Lin do that WITHOUT TC holding down the 5 the way he has? We obviously will never know for sure, but I dont see Lin doing much better with the team Chandler was playing with (minus Chandler and adding Lin ofcourse).

Point is, that winning streak didnt happen (and IMO wouldnt of happened) with just Lin, or just Chandler......we needed both to accomplish that. Since Chandler has been playing all season and with how much he has improved our D and how consistent he is night in and night out, he edges out Lin for team MVP so far.
And most of those games were without Amar'e and Melo, so that shows Chandler's importance even more I think.

I would like to see Jeffries and Chandler start again. Sadly I see that causing drama with Amar'e so it won't be done.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
has to be Lin .... simply put he has made everyone better .....guys remember our ball movement before Lin ??? ......love Novack great 3 point shooter but its our ball movement and Lin getting into the paint thats getting him those open looks...... tyson chandler great defensive presence without a doubt but we were still 7 gm below 500 with him ....what Lin has done is make us one of the top teams in the east ...... forget about the heat gm there beating up everyone ..... look at the eastern conference....i believe the heat, bulls and maybe just maybe the 6ers could give us real problems come playoff time.... everyone else i think we could take.....i`m sure none of us (i didnt) were thinking that 2 weeks ago .....J Lin first half MVP with out doubt