Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who consider Knicks MVP first half season?

Chandler without a doubt, maybe if Lin was playing from the start of the season it could of been him

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Chandler is DPLOY...but Lin gets MVP...no one on this could of did what he did.
    He turned us from lottery teams to contenders.

Everyone on here is nuts if its not Chandler. Yes we have won 8 games since Lin has arrived and we're at 500. But think where we would be if Chandler was not on the team at the start of the season. Do you think we would be 8-15 when Linsanity began. The answer is No....Chandler single handedly changed the defesive culture of this team.

We went from second last in defense to 8th. We're not allowing over a 100 points an a regulur basis. Even during that Lin win streak the games against the lakers, Wolves, and raptors, Chandler's presense of the floor was a huge contributor.

His game is not the only thing that makes him the seasons MVP. But his attitude and leadership is just as equal. The way he stays positive, his post game interviews and his communication on the floor is far above anyone on our team.

My vote has to go to Chandler for MIDSEASON MVP, maybe by the end when Lin has more games under his belt he can become mvp.

Tyson is the best on one side of the floor, consistently, and is a leader.

Lin is the best on the other side of the floor, consistently, and if he's not leading vocally like Chandler, he may have led this team by example offensively. How many threes does the team take now since he attacks the basket even when having good room for a three? Exactly. A long time I thought this, if I ever become a basketball player, I'd be constantly attacking the basket so my other teammates would.

It's not even a question that they're co-MVP. Without Chandler's defense, would Pau and Bynum have been made into mincemeat (shout out to Jeffries for not making Chandler defend both)?

Veteran

You guys voting for TC must be insane. JLin w/o question, we were 2-11 with TC before Jlin, like the media has been saying the young man saved our season.

Tyson Chandler, he's been the most consistent and he brings his all every night.

Fields for letting Lin sleep on his couch in the fetal position

What does MVP stand for? Most Valuable Player?
    Then who's most valuable? Without Lin, what do we have? How valuable will the other players are?

If your question is : who's the best player? then, we might have a debate here.

1-Chandler
    2-Shumpert only on D and Energy.

has to be TC and Lin comes very close second...

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Tyson Chandler. no question.
    +1 I gotta go with Chandler as well.

While Lin came in and lead that 7 game winning streak to get us back to around .500, I dont believe he could of done that without Chandler holding down the 5 the way he did. However, Chandler couldnt/didnt do it without Lin either, but given how big of an impact Chandler has had on our D and team as a whole, he no question in my team MVP so far.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    You guys voting for TC must be insane. JLin w/o question, we were 2-11 with TC before Jlin, like the media has been saying the young man saved our season.
    Thats true, cant argue facts.

However, does Lin do that WITHOUT TC holding down the 5 the way he has? We obviously will never know for sure, but I dont see Lin doing much better with the team Chandler was playing with (minus Chandler and adding Lin ofcourse).

Point is, that winning streak didnt happen (and IMO wouldnt of happened) with just Lin, or just Chandler......we needed both to accomplish that. Since Chandler has been playing all season and with how much he has improved our D and how consistent he is night in and night out, he edges out Lin for team MVP so far.

Hands down Chandler just from him not having the biggest contract but the biggest mouth on the court and communication was our biggest problem for the past DECADE.

Then Lin

Then Mike Woodson although of course he is not a player but has had a HUGE affect on this team.

Then JJ.

A year ago any of us saying JJ would of been banned from this site. Funny how things change.

We as knick fans are the MVP's for being patient for now 12 years for a team that is championship ready.

Tyson Chandler without a doubt.