What is the idenity of this new New York Knicks team?

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I understand everyone is excited of the potential of this team and its been a long process. I would say this team is entering a new generation of a Knicks team following the Isiah administration.

Each one of us respectivily has our favorite Knicks team. For me it would have to be the early 90's right after starks came in. That team played thier asses off night in and night out. They established themselves as hard hitting, gritty tough team. Opposing team guards, and wing players knew better to drive in down the lane. There was a no layup rule put in place and rarely did you see an uncontested layup. That was an idenity they had and people knew that.

My question now is, what is the idenity of this team? What will we be known for? What will teams know this generation of knicks as?

Kiyaman

Legend
Identity - Identity - Identity

We found an Identity when Mike Woodson was given the coaching-helm the weekend
Dantoni were supose to be FIRED....no-Stat and no-Melo in the rotation lead to
"Tyson Chandler & Jefferies" taking the Lin-Sanity Knicks on a 7 game win streak.

A real headcoach wouldve patiently worked Stat, Melo, JR, and Davis into the
rotation as a unit-lineup, after winning consistently without them.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
identity?

the HYPE Team?

the pushovers?

the its gonna take time team?

i miss the 90's knicks teams would fear the knicks because Oakley or Ward may just decide to check you into the scorers table or throw an elbow in your face, Spreewell might choke the coach and Ewing was just untouchable.

the new Knicks = Fake tough!

still love the knicks though

It's hard to tell the identity when the coach is still trying to figure out how to use the wealth of talent at his disposal. If he fails to do so by year end...I'm sure another coach will find our idenity with ease. D'Ant's problem is that he's pro PG. Sometimes I think he is trying to relive his playing days by running a system he would have love to play in...the PG phenom. Unfortunately, this is the NBA, and if you can not adapt, adjust, or run some plays other than having the PG do all the work...you are a very limited coach and will most likely never win a chip. His system is not only easy to figure out...it is very limited and creates wear and tear on the players.

There's just too much talent on this team now...most excuses now will start looking like lame attempts to cover his ass and obvious flaws. I don't expect much from the team this year. Next year the team should be much more comfy with each other and hopefully we have a new coach as well.