Riley says Jeremy Lin is "Over Rated"

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
lol he is over-rated. Turns the ball over far too much, has an unpredictable shot, and his defense is slow (except for quick hands).

He is described as the next messiah, when really he ia just a nice point guard that will be consistent.

He should not be the number 1 offensive option we have melo for that.

lol he is over-rated. Turns the ball over far too much, has an unpredictable shot, and his defense is slow (except for quick hands).

He is described as the next messiah, when really he ia just a nice point guard that will be consistent.

He should not be the number 1 offensive option we have melo for that.

yep wait until he has an overall bad game to come and post that bull after 6 years M.I.A. Where was you when he had all these turnovers but tearing up the league? Pathetic.

TakMan

Rotation player
The media did a good job of hyping him up and set unrealistic expectations from the fans. This is a crossroads for lin at the moment. He can either realise that a few good games aren't enough to warrant you elite status, work hard, improve on his flaws, and potentially reach the top, or he can just go about thinking that he had an off night, ignore the flaws he has in his game, and remain stagnant. If he's as smart and humble as people are making him out to be, he will be ok. 'tneknicks3' had a partial point in that he always did turn the ball over a lot. This is partly due to severe lack of experience in the big leagues, and playing too many minutes; but also due to his distinctly average handling skills. He will not get away with this against teams like the Bulls and the Heat who practice defence. In fact, now that he is on the NBA map, he may well not get away with it against many other teams. Lin played with 0 IQ last night which, coupled with his already existing flaws made him look like a d-leaguer. It's not a big deal as long as he lifts his head up, continues to work hard, and distances himself from the media fabricated linsanity crap that was deployed so early on.

Usual pre-game talk by the opposition in an attempt to distract the players, nothing unusual.

Only thing that hurts is that we couldn't make him eat his words.

I've NEVER hated an NBA team as much as I hate the Heat since they started this D-Fake, Chris Bitch, Lebum bullshit.

I would never be able to attand a Knicks-Heat game, I'd get physically involved and just punch the shit out of Chalmer's bitch face.....

Never seen a more pathetic, polemic and narcisstic group of assholes...I hope they all tear their ACLs......to hell with the Heat!

Lin is still the man. Now he has to play with melo and stat who are lazy and don't play D. Trade them for two bottles of water and we beat the Heat. I'm still riding linsanity and miss the good old days of last week.

tiger0330

Legend
The Lin ride has been a lot of fun but you have to judge a guy over the long run. Knick fans might learn something from a guy named Flip Murray.

Flip Murray got to start for the Sonics in 2003 because Ray Allen went down and in his first 6 games scored 20 points or more and even scored 31 his season high in the 9th game. Nate McMillan was asked about him and how hot he was and McMillan said "2 games, you can't judge a guy on 2 games, you have to judge a guy over a couple of years." Nate was right about Flip, he was a journeyman NBA player that never became a star despite that glorious 2003 start.

Well if you consider the amount of media hype and exposure Lin has received then yes he is extremely over rated. He is the NBAs Teebow right now.

Minus the turnovers though yes he is worthy of some hype for what hes done and wher hes come from.. From a player/coaches standpoint hes just another guy in a jersey playing pg for a 500 team so dont expect anyone in the league to hold up a will you marry me Lin sign from the opposing bench

I think lots of star-powered players are error-prone and bad in defense. Lin might just be one of them. Sure he needs to improve his problems with TOs, keep his quick hands for steals and roll around the ball more efficiently. But he is almost like a rookie.... give him some applause and space. His performance has been good enough to satisfy the team with 9 wins out of 12 games, okay?

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
LOL.

Coming from a guy who pushed Stan Van Gundy to the side in order to regain his former glory of an NBA Finals Championship with Shaq in 2006. What a smuck. We all know what really happen. What Pat Riley did during the 2005-06 season was the lowest of the low. The Miami Heats was Stan Van Gundy's team to win the Finals.

Anyway, we have to realize that Jeremy Lin is still a "rookie." He didn't play much his first year and this was the first time he's playing against the TOP Heats. What do you expect?...a dominating performance from a young rookie against 3 All-Stars??? Way to high of an expectation. Do we expect all rookies to dominate the TOP teams at their first time at bat against them? C'mon. Lin was the MAIN target of the Miami Heat and their All-Stars made it a mission to shut down Lin.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Lin is an undrafted rookie who draw more buzz than LeBron, Wade and Bosh combined...so of course Pat is going to hate.