Trading Amare for a Power Forward that fits in

We should...

• We should trade Amare for Pau Gasol!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • We should trade Amare for David Lee!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • We should trade Amare for Zach Randolph!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should trade Amare for Luis Scola

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • We shouldn't trade Amare! He will find his place here just wait!

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
I personally think that Amare doesn't fit in with this team and is on a steep steep decline.

He forces bad shots, can no longer shoot, and has become the "Highlight guy" for opposing teams players to block and dunk on. He doesn't fit in here. he knows it, you know it, and I know it.

Now I have been thinking Pau Gasol is in a bad place with the Lakers orginization and they might move him just to move him like they did with Odom, He's a guy who can fit in here because he rebounds, plays good D, and doesn't need the ball to get off ofensively

David Lee is another option that I LOVE. The guy is almost never hurt hes a Warrior (No pun intended), he's proven he can play in this system, hes a terrific offensive rebounder and is a great post up player who can get work done on the glass, he has chemistry with Lin, and he loves the city and would kill to come back here. He seems like a no brainer to me and if my name was Glen Grunwald I would have called Golden State a LONG time ago about getting him back.

Zack Randolph is another option. he's coming off injury so we can get him cheap. Maybe even get a young player or picks back with him. personally I dont like him and dont want him here but hes a beast on the glass and a great post up player. I don't want him but hey its an option.

Luis Scola is another option. Im sure the Rockets would love to pair Kyle Lowry with Amare. Scola is a lot like Pau Gasol with better D. He doen't need the ball much, is a great rebounder, and can play D. Solid option but I don't see the Rockets trading him unless we threw in a Landry or Shump

So just thought I'd share some options for us.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If he keeps building upon his game tonight he'll be fine for us. He wasn't great, but he he made smart decisions on the offensive end, rebounded, and gave effort on defense which resulted in good plays.

iSaYughh

Starter
Interesting thread.

Amare actually fits the team like a glove -- with his skill set. Unfortunately, he's just playing like total ass, appears to be playing like a guy over the hill, and has always been an extremely flawed player (pitiful rebounder, poor passer, poor hands....turnovers....horribly unaware on D).

Look, the players you mentioned we can't get. Other GMs would laugh and hang up if we offered STAT for those boys.

Sadly, Lee would be 100x better.

Never gifted on D, but he was reasonably aware and put forth an effort -- his poor D would have been masked by having a guy like Chandler, whereas STAT exists perpetually in his bubble of defensive disarray.

Lee's rebounding is a million times better. Better passer. Better jumps shot, too -- it got real refined his last two seasons with us, and is rock solid.

Not to mention his superior age, lack of injury risk, and most importantly,

salary.

I never wanted the guy, and I'm as big a believer in D"antoni as you can find.

I hate to shit on a guy we gave a MAX deal, too, and a guy who defines our franchise, though; and try not to think about "what ifs", but it's hard. :gony:

EDIT -- I'll just say what I've never been disinclined to admit, either: Gallinari is a superior fit for this team, also.Especially taking into account salary. I think Melo is just having a bit of a time adjusting to things; and playing with a guy in disarray like Amare doesn't help. Melo + STAT is just kinda brutal right now. Melo + David Lee would be better for the team; likewise, until/if Melo shapes up, STAT + Gallo would be marginally better, too.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
we realize the enormity of what you're saying when we think how this is a guy who gave us 25 and 9 with 2 blocks and 50% shooting. we dont need him to be fine for us, he was all nba last season, all nba! we have every right to expect him to get back to his last season form or at least be very very close to it. being fine and giving us 15 and 8 on 45% isnt acceptable for the captain of this team. just my 2 cents.

If he keeps building upon his game tonight he'll be fine for us. He wasn't great, but he he made smart decisions on the offensive end, rebounded, and gave effort on defense which resulted in good plays.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Interesting thread.

Amare actually fits the team like a glove -- with his skill set. Unfortunately, he's just playing like total ass, appears to be playing like a guy over the hill, and has always been an extremely flawed player (pitiful rebounder, poor passer, poor hands....turnovers....horribly unaware on D).

Look, the players you mentioned we can't get. Other GMs would laugh and hang up if we offered STAT for those boys.

Sadly, Lee would be 100x better.

Never gifted on D, but he was reasonably aware and put forth an effort -- his poor D would have been masked by having a guy like Chandler, whereas STAT exists perpetually in his bubble of defensive disarray.

Lee's rebounding is a million times better. Better passer. Better jumps shot, too -- it got real refined his last two seasons with us, and is rock solid.

Not to mention his superior age, lack of injury risk, and most importantly,

salary.

I never wanted the guy, and I'm as big a believer in D"antoni as you can find.

I hate to shit on a guy we gave a MAX deal, too, and a guy who defines our franchise, though; and try not to think about "what ifs", but it's hard. :gony:
It's sad that I get the feeling a lot of Knicks fans don't think that highly of Lee. Maybe that's not the case. He's everything you said, plus a high IQ and a very good ball handler.

Forrest17

Rotation player
If this continues we are going to have to think about getting rid of either Carmelo or Amar'e

We just can't have 40 million dollars in cap space committed to these guys when they play as poorly as they have been.. We just can't...

I think trading Carmelo is more realistic. We would most likely get more in return for him because more teams would probably be willing to pay him what his contract is.

Plus I think Amar'e has a better chance at bouncing back. Even with his injury history he seems more dedicated to getting in shape and working his body then carmelo, his game is more simplistic also.. Just slam the ball through the rim on easy passes from Lin, rebound once in a while because you can because you are tall, and block a few shots here and there.. thats all he has to worry about.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
we realize the enormity of what you're saying when we think how this is a guy who gave us 25 and 9 with 2 blocks and 50% shooting. we dont need him to be fine for us, he was all nba last season, all nba! we have every right to expect him to get back to his last season form or at least be very very close to it. being fine and giving us 15 and 8 on 45% isnt acceptable for the captain of this team. just my 2 cents.
He doesn't need to be that player often. He just needs to put in the effort and stop making bad decisions. Also I don't want him to settle for his "fine" game tonight. I just meant he'll be fine for us in the sense that he'll do enough to help us if he continues playing like that and gets back to doing some of his usual things consistently that he did last season.

iSaYughh

Starter
I would dream for a Bynum and STAT trade straight up.Knicks should've traded him for Dwight when we had the chance.

LAK wouldn't do that. I don't think. It'd be a bit redundant for us having two bona fide C's, even if they would.

I don't think STAT is getting traded for shit, personally. His value is so low. STAT + Chandler for Howard or stuff like that is what'd it take.

Melo still has great value, though; if a big dog is traded, it'd be Melo, IMO.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I would dream for a Bynum and STAT trade straight up.Knicks should've traded him for Dwight when we had the chance.

We never had a chance at that

And I don't care how good he is I never want to see Dwight Howard in a Knick uniform. What he has done to that organization and the fans is absolutely disgusting. Blaming everyone, lying constantly, his stupid headcase passive aggressive attitude. Saying hed rather play basically for any other team in league than the magic... No wonder they could never attract much else talent there because why would anyone want to go if there best player always says hes leaving?

Calling out the coaching staff for not making HIM the closer.... even though he only shoots 49% from the line, the biggest joke I've ever heard.

And I don't care how good he is I never want to see Dwight Howard in a Knick uniform. What he has done to that organization and the fans is absolutely disgusting. Blaming everyone, lying constantly, his stupid headcase passive aggressive attitude. Saying hed rather play basically for any other team in league than the magic... No wonder they could never attract much else talent there because why would anyone want to go if there best player always says hes leaving?

Calling out the coaching staff for not making HIM the closer.... even though he only shoots 49% from the line, the biggest joke I've ever heard.

With all that baggage for Dwight it still isn't as bad as what A'mare is doing on the court on a night to night basis.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's sad that I get the feeling a lot of Knicks fans don't think that highly of Lee. Maybe that's not the case. He's everything you said, plus a high IQ and a very good ball handler.

He got a rough rap man.

STAT fooled a lot of people with his (faux) swag, and Lee got a lot of compensatory hate.

Lee got the brunt for us being a shit defensive team, too -- and he was poor on D -- but really we were simply a shit defensive *team*. Just like we were last year.....till ta'da, we actually have a real 5 on the team (who plays D).

It's simple: if STAT reverts back to last year's form, or years past....he's worth it. If he doesn't, it's a disastrous contract. He's inching towards 30, has a lot of miles, a weird injury history, and I think it's obvious he has some mental/emotions issues, too.

I don't think it's a fata compli that STAT goes back to his old ways of excellence.

When you dole out max deals, it's essential you get requisite performance. The money of Lee vs STAT, eg, can't be overstated.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Howard is a weird case. He might be the best center in the league, but I much rather have Chandler on this team. I don't want any hack-a-players on the Knicks.

iSaYughh

Starter
Howard is a weird case. He might be the best center in the league, but I much rather have Chandler on this team. I don't want any hack-a-players on the Knicks.

:agreed:

As great as Howard is, there's something about the guy....I don't usually throw this around about players -- but I really don't think he's a winner, despite his superlative talents.

His FT% is also just abominable, and is worse than ever this year.

A healthy Chandler at his salary I actually feel more comfy with. I love superstars as much as the next guy, but I love a well-orchestrated, top to bottom team above all else.

ie, I'd say MIA has a very nice, pleasing well-designed team top to bottom.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Knicks trade Amare

Celtics trade KG & Bradley

sign me up

say what you want about KG and how old he is

at the end of the day the guy plays with heart, been on 11 all defensive teams and even at his age is very consistent with his jumper if we chose to put a defensive lineup on the floor honestly who can get by this defense?

pg-Bradley
sg-shump
sf-fields
pf-KG
C-Chandler
--------------------------------

stat value is crap celtics probably wouldn't even do that trade in reality you'd be lucky enough to squeeze out a trade with the raptors who desperately need a star/leader

Amare for Barganani swap

move barganani to pf and this gives us a stretch pf who can extend his game all the way up to the 3 point line and can also post up.

P.S this could of went in the trade section bro.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He got a rough rap man.

STAT fooled a lot of people with his (faux) swag, and Lee got a lot of compensatory hate.

Lee got the brunt for us being a shit defensive team, too -- and he was poor on D -- but really we were simply a shit defensive *team*. Just like we were last year.....till ta'da, we actually have a real 5 on the team (who plays D).

It's simple: if STAT reverts back to last year's form, or years past....he's worth it. If he doesn't, it's a disastrous contract. He's inching towards 30, has a lot of miles, a weird injury history, and I think it's obvious he has some mental/emotions issues, too.

I don't think it's a fata compli that STAT goes back to his old ways of excellence.

When you dole out max deals, it's essential you get requisite performance. The money of Lee vs STAT, eg, can't be overstated.
The sad thing is if Lee was being paid as much as Joe Johnson now on this team I think people wouldn't care that much (aside from the money lessening our chances of re-signing Lin, Fields, and J.R.). Lee would make our team crazy. Lee wouldn't have that sort of impact Stoudemire had last season, but he wouldn't need that kind of play on this team. Lee is consistent, always can rely on him.

skisloper

Starter

AMEN....Chandler is a class dude...Howard seems like a big baby....I would have argued differently before the past 20 games.....but I have seen chandler step it up and keep the team glued together in good and bad times....

any chance Lakers do Gasol for Amare ?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Knicks trade Amare

sign me up

at the end of the day the guy plays with heart, been on 11 all defensive teams and even at his age is very consistent with his jumper if we chose to put a defensive lineup on the floor honestly who can get by this defense?

pg-Bradley
sg-shump
sf-fields
pf-KG
C-Chandler

stat value is crap celtics probably wouldn't even do that trade in reality you'd be lucky enough to squeeze out a trade with the raptors who desperately need a star/leader

Amare for Barganani swap

move barganani to pf and this gives us a stretch pf who can extend his game all the way up to the 3 point line and can also post up.

fcuk KG I dont want him anywhere near O&B

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Knicks trade Amare

sign me up

pg-Bradley
sg-shump
sf-fields
pf-KG
C-Chandler

Amare for Barganani swap

LOL

Not laughing because I think this is a bad post, it's not, but boy what a turn-around with Amar'e from last season.