View Poll Results: We should...

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • We should trade Amare for Pau Gasol!

4 11.76%
  • We should trade Amare for David Lee!

8 23.53%
  • We should trade Amare for Zach Randolph!

0 0%
  • We should trade Amare for Luis Scola

3 8.82%
  • We shouldn't trade Amare! He will find his place here just wait!

19 55.88%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trading Amare for a Power Forward that fits in

Knicks trade Amare

Celtics trade KG & Bradley

sign me up

say what you want about KG and how old he is

at the end of the day the guy plays with heart, been on 11 all defensive teams and even at his age is very consistent with his jumper if we chose to put a defensive lineup on the floor honestly who can get by this defense?

pg-Bradley
    sg-shump
    sf-fields
    pf-KG
    C-Chandler
    --------------------------------

stat value is crap celtics probably wouldn't even do that trade in reality you'd be lucky enough to squeeze out a trade with the raptors who desperately need a star/leader

Amare for Barganani swap

move barganani to pf and this gives us a stretch pf who can extend his game all the way up to the 3 point line and can also post up.

P.S this could of went in the trade section bro.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    He got a rough rap man.

STAT fooled a lot of people with his (faux) swag, and Lee got a lot of compensatory hate.

Lee got the brunt for us being a **** defensive team, too -- and he was poor on D -- but really we were simply a **** defensive *team*. Just like we were last year.....till ta'da, we actually have a real 5 on the team (who plays D).

It's simple: if STAT reverts back to last year's form, or years past....he's worth it. If he doesn't, it's a disastrous contract. He's inching towards 30, has a lot of miles, a weird injury history, and I think it's obvious he has some mental/emotions issues, too.

I don't think it's a fata compli that STAT goes back to his old ways of excellence.

When you dole out max deals, it's essential you get requisite performance. The money of Lee vs STAT, eg, can't be overstated.
    The sad thing is if Lee was being paid as much as Joe Johnson now on this team I think people wouldn't care that much (aside from the money lessening our chances of re-signing Lin, Fields, and J.R.). Lee would make our team crazy. Lee wouldn't have that sort of impact Stoudemire had last season, but he wouldn't need that kind of play on this team. Lee is consistent, always can rely on him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Howard is a weird case. He might be the best center in the league, but I much rather have Chandler on this team. I don't want any hack-a-players on the Knicks.
    AMEN....Chandler is a class dude...Howard seems like a big baby....I would have argued differently before the past 20 games.....but I have seen chandler step it up and keep the team glued together in good and bad times....

any chance Lakers do Gasol for Amare ?

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Knicks trade Amare

sign me up

at the end of the day the guy plays with heart, been on 11 all defensive teams and even at his age is very consistent with his jumper if we chose to put a defensive lineup on the floor honestly who can get by this defense?

pg-Bradley
    sg-shump
    sf-fields
    pf-KG
    C-Chandler

stat value is crap celtics probably wouldn't even do that trade in reality you'd be lucky enough to squeeze out a trade with the raptors who desperately need a star/leader

Amare for Barganani swap

move barganani to pf and this gives us a stretch pf who can extend his game all the way up to the 3 point line and can also post up.

fcuk KG I dont want him anywhere near O&B

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Knicks trade Amare

sign me up

pg-Bradley
    sg-shump
    sf-fields
    pf-KG
    C-Chandler

Amare for Barganani swap

LOL

Not laughing because I think this is a bad post, it's not, but boy what a turn-around with Amar'e from last season.

what about serge ibaka lol

Originally Posted by CA7
    Cosign. He is such a scumbag and I hate him dearly.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    what about serge ibaka lol
    Ibaka fits with the thunder perfectly, he's only 22 the thunder are set they dont need to make any trades. They sure aint taking back stats contract. Stat would blow his knees trying to run with that young team.

Originally Posted by CA7
    yes KG is a douchie, but what are you really getting for stat? thats going to leave both trading partners even somewhat happy. you might as well keep Stat because your not getting anything amazing that we NEED for him

Scola is no better on defense than amare

Randolph is coming off a serious injury to much of a risk

Pau for Amare will never happen pointless trade lakers can get more than for Pau

David Lee is the only one to consider great rebounder/hustler/knows the system, consistent mid range compliments both chandler and melo.

David Lee/Rush for Stat
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 23, 2012 at 23:42.

Knicks fans should be ashamed of yourselfs this is the great who said Knicks are back when LeBron told yall to eat urine and there is no Melo, no Chandler, no Lin, no Andy Rautins without him and you want to trade in not even two full seasons in? for shame

anyway, watching games now seeing him score actually feels like a luxury and not a necessity. they say money cant buy happiness and it seems like it cant buy quality nowadays either.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    Knicks fans should be ashamed of yourselfs this is the great who said Knicks are back when LeBron told yall to eat urine and there is no Melo, no Chandler, no Lin, no Andy Rautins without him and you want to trade in not even two full seasons in? for shame

anyway, watching games now seeing him score actually feels like a luxury and not a necessity. they say money cant buy happiness and it seems like it cant buy quality nowadays either.
    I'm not even going to explain to you why all thats wrong. It would be like trying to teach a new born algebra. What im saying is that your a slow individual, possibly retarded, or just stupid.

Also Andy Rautins

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    I'm not even going to explain to you why all thats wrong. It would be like trying to teach a new born algebra. What im saying is that your a slow individual, possibly retarded, or just stupid.

Also Andy Rautins
    say what you will but in the end of the day I would never fork over $100 million for sloppy seconds, no sir now thats called slow, stupid and retarded

Originally Posted by quiggle
    say what you will but in the end of the day I would never fork over $100 million for sloppy seconds, no sir now thats called slow, stupid and retarded
    Aren't you the one defending the 100 million dollar man?

for david lee... i would do it

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

No one is gonna take STAT in a trade because of his uninsured contract. Only team that showed some interest was Philly and they would not do it anyway, and we wouldn't get back an acceptable replacement (Elton Brand is on the decline and not a long term solution).

I am very disappointed with anyone who wants to bring in KG. I'd rather we miss the playoffs than see that ******* wear orange and blue. That would be worse than Barcelona trading for CR7. Worse than having dinner with Hugo Chavez in the White House. The hate is just too much.

David Lee is great and would fit in nicely on this team. But GSW would not trade for STAT.

I have faith in STAT and I trust he will find his way back to being a force. Not sure if the back problem is the culprit or that extra muscle he put on. Or if his knees are giving him a hard time. But he is a competitor and he will find a way to turn it around.

Most importantly, why would we trade one of our starters at this point of the season and have to go through experimenting how to make a new lineup work. We would be much better served if we strengthen what we already have than blowing up the whole thing. It is plain stupid to enter into panic mode and argue for a big change when we are playing better than at any moment in the past decade.

So, unless Minnesota is offering Kevin Love for STAT, let's stop this nonsense