Trading Amare for a Power Forward that fits in

We should...

• We should trade Amare for Pau Gasol!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • We should trade Amare for David Lee!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • We should trade Amare for Zach Randolph!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should trade Amare for Luis Scola

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • We shouldn't trade Amare! He will find his place here just wait!

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

Toons

is the Bo$$
no gm would trade a slumping all star....no fan should want a slumping all star traded....for OBVIOUS reasons

quiggle

Starter
and those who said that how can he be so wonderful last year and putrid this year its because hes moved careers, he got his 100 million and New York cred to start working on fashion food and other metrosexual venues. he only hustle last year to establish himself on the New York scene. now he got it he can live without a championship in NBA because he already has a bronze medal from Olympics. if he does get one, great let some other bust butt for it. he done here, got his money like i said all alone he is the same as LeBron only good thing about leBron is he didnt cost us 100 mil. JR Reid put more heart and effort in Knicks uniform than this phony ever will.

nyk_nyk

All Star
JR Reid put more heart and effort in Knicks uniform than this phony ever will.

tumblr_lxrlreKoCr1qjzzyw.gif

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Stat blows.

The Knicks need a physical power forward/enforcer out there. They need someone that can retaliate if our guys get abused on the floor. If only we can resurrect C. Oakley and A. Mason, it would be perfect. :beer:

KingCharles34

All Star
and those who said that how can he be so wonderful last year and putrid this year its because hes moved careers, he got his 100 million and New York cred to start working on fashion food and other metrosexual venues. he only hustle last year to establish himself on the New York scene. now he got it he can live without a championship in NBA because he already has a bronze medal from Olympics. if he does get one, great let some other bust butt for it. he done here, got his money like i said all alone he is the same as LeBron only good thing about leBron is he didnt cost us 100 mil. JR Reid put more heart and effort in Knicks uniform than this phony ever will.

Very well said Stat has conformed to the homo movement and has basically become the softest 6'11 cross dressing player in the NBA. Charlie Villanueva goes harder the Amare, everybodies talking about trading Stat. What can we really get for this bum? I think we're either gonna have to buy him out or see if we can force him to retire like we did with Mobley

quiggle

Starter
Very well said Stat has conformed to the homo movement and has basically become the softest 6'11 cross dressing player in the NBA. Charlie Villanueva goes harder the Amare, everybodies talking about trading Stat. What can we really get for this bum? I think we're either gonna have to buy him out or see if we can force him to retire like we did with Mobley

listen as Knicks fans yall have to be embarrased when youre captain goes into war of words with Baby Glen Davis over body fat percentage. when renaissance man is gone from the Knicks but the photo of him holding a Knicks cap over his lingading will never what will future generations think of him, put a Knicks hat there, to me that was gravely insulting like throwing shoes at a person.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I agree he is soft and isn't much of an enforcer for us, but on the offensive end I can't totally give up on him until he's featured a bit more.

Sometimes I think we forget that Antoni's "system" is capable of making role players look like starters and star players look like above average players. When everyone pretty much has the same role, there is less contrast between players and their true abilities.

Fact: Durant would look less effective playing in this "system" as well. He takes a lot of shots (nearly 20 FGA/GM) for OKC but would have to "fit in" here and become just one of the guys to make shots when they're open.

quiggle

Starter
hes diminished, i mean how many times have we seen him take a jump shot this season that either a) totally missed the rim and sailed to the other side b) hit the backboard next to the rim? 90% of being elite player is mental, its not physical its mental and he shows he is weak and scared. now kobe on the other hand even with a broken nose and concussion vows to player, thats elite.

Paul1355

All Star
I personally think that Amare doesn't fit in with this team and is on a steep steep decline.

He forces bad shots, can no longer shoot, and has become the "Highlight guy" for opposing teams players to block and dunk on. He doesn't fit in here. he knows it, you know it, and I know it.

Now I have been thinking Pau Gasol is in a bad place with the Lakers orginization and they might move him just to move him like they did with Odom, He's a guy who can fit in here because he rebounds, plays good D, and doesn't need the ball to get off ofensively

David Lee is another option that I LOVE. The guy is almost never hurt hes a Warrior (No pun intended), he's proven he can play in this system, hes a terrific offensive rebounder and is a great post up player who can get work done on the glass, he has chemistry with Lin, and he loves the city and would kill to come back here. He seems like a no brainer to me and if my name was Glen Grunwald I would have called Golden State a LONG time ago about getting him back.

Zack Randolph is another option. he's coming off injury so we can get him cheap. Maybe even get a young player or picks back with him. personally I dont like him and dont want him here but hes a beast on the glass and a great post up player. I don't want him but hey its an option.

Luis Scola is another option. Im sure the Rockets would love to pair Kyle Lowry with Amare. Scola is a lot like Pau Gasol with better D. He doen't need the ball much, is a great rebounder, and can play D. Solid option but I don't see the Rockets trading him unless we threw in a Landry or Shump

So just thought I'd share some options for us.

kind of suprised about people wanting Lee back. Big contract and cant play a lick of defense....I dont know

I'd rather have Pau Gasol

Taost2010

Rookie
The system can no longer help STAT look good.

When he was healthy, in Phoenix, STAT benefitted greatly from the Coach D system. His legs aren't what they once were, never mind the knees, and he gets "out-quicked" and "out-jumped" all the time these days. It's killed his numbers, and his confidence. The confidence factor is HUGE.
He's a lot more Lois Orr these days than he'll ever be Charles Oakley. I'd say trade him, but I doubt you'll have any takers at this point.

kind of suprised about people wanting Lee back. Big contract and cant play a lick of defense....I dont know

I'd rather have Pau Gasol
David would just fit better. He gives 200% every night, is a double-double machine, and isn't the kind of player who needs to be featured in the offense.

He doesn't need the ball in his hands at all he can have a 25 and ten game off of a few jump shot and post ups, and mostly rebound and put backs. Not to mention Tyson would cover up his bad D.

Trade Amare for David ASAP IMO

nyk_nyk

All Star
You guys are crazy! I'd definitely replace the coach before I thought about moving STAT. If we're still seeing a decline under a new coach/philosophy then the trade talks can begin. Right now I just can't entertain trading him when Antoni isn't known to adjust well. As long as the ball is moving and the pace is fast and shots are falling he's not gonna care much.

KingCharles34

All Star
listen as Knicks fans yall have to be embarrased when youre captain goes into war of words with Baby Glen Davis over body fat percentage. when renaissance man is gone from the Knicks but the photo of him holding a Knicks cap over his lingading will never what will future generations think of him, put a Knicks hat there, to me that was gravely insulting like throwing shoes at a person.

hahaha well i think they should waive Statue and then burn anything that has his name or face on it at MSG...not that it would be a personal thing with Stat, but just to give a message to the players. You gotta let future Knicks know that if they play as soft as Amarknee did, they're jersey's and photo's will be burned too.

Anyone thats still optimistic about Stat probably believed in Santa Clause until they were about 10. Lets not be dreamers here, as New York fans we have to speak the truth

portega1968

El Cacique
Stoudemire's makes and attempts at the rim have increased in February, since Jeremy Lin emerged as the Knicks' starting point guard, so perhaps that's a sign that Stoudemire can pick things up after the break.

His field goal percentage has also jumped five percent in February.

But, since Tyson is the better screener and is working the PnR with Lin, its unfair to compare his production this season versus last year when he was the primary screen guy on PnR with Felton.

I know we say he's probably not jumping or finishing as strong... my concern is him taking care of the ball and not making careless turnovers. Other than that, he will produce and be better than all these other options that are just not gonna happen; dont understand why people keep talking about trades that are not going to happen... this is the team that will go into battle in the playoffs and it is a damn good one!!!

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
If anything, Knicks should package Lin, while he still have great value, with other role players and get Nash. It'll turn Knicks into an auto contender because Nash will revive Suckermire.

Number3

Benchwarmer
If anything, Knicks should package Lin, while he still have great value, with other role players and get Nash. It'll turn Knicks into an auto contender because Nash will revive Suckermire.

no way! if stat cant man up and revive himself... just trade... not trading the future of the knicks for an old player

KingCharles34

All Star

I wouldnt trade Lin but at the same time Nash might be the only player in the league that would have any chance of reviving Suckermire