If you could go back in time...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
is cp3 not worth a max? his knees look just fine. If you want to talk knees and max's contracts Amare is the one who did not deserve a 100 mill contract and has bad knees. I've seen Lin pass up plenty wide open shots, whats your point? cp3 is shooting 44 % from 3 point land. 19 points almost 9 assist a game. How is he a punk to what he did to new orleans? if your a superstar in this league and your not happy with the direction your organization is moving and you feel there not doing anything to make a change, and you want to WIN, you don't sit around and be unhappy routing your career with the organization you ask for a request to be traded and continue your NBA journey. Cp3 actually went out classy there was no MELO DRAMA there was no DECISION MAKING INTERVIEW i dont see how he's a punk for that. David West left New orleans to go to a contender is he now labeled a punk to? he didn't come cheap did he? if i dont recall he was coming off a injury as well.

Your saying David west went to a rising young team if im reading this correct right and not to a contender? The pacers before david west were already contenders

The clippers were not contenders at all they would probably be a 10th seed in the west 9th at best. Adding cp3 is what made them contenders thats a fact.

8,9 games as a starter and now your saying Lin is better than Cp3, Derrick Rose, Deron williams? :boohoo: It's mind-boggling how people can compare Lin's 8 games as a starter to other Elite Pg's who've been playing allstar levels there whole career not you personally just in general. You cant compare someones 8 games as a starter to derrick rose, or Cp3's career. The only thing you can compare are both players 1st games as starters to be fair.

you said Lin is the best player in the league? why? how? he makes some layups for the most of his run? 8 games and he's now temporarily the best player in the league? :teeth: he has nice numbers but best player in the league.... Not by a long shot my friend.

you see with Lin defenses were not aware of what to expect from Lin, they did not know what he can do until about his 4th or 5th game. Now teams are starting to realize. He has no cross over moves, He cant go left, trap him and he loses his dribble, he's not secure with handling the ball put more pressure on him all these little things teams are noticing and will be making defensive changes to guard him. Its up to him to work on his game and improve, i love Lin just as much as any knick fan, but like i said before the kid is basically a rookie and still learning the game.

Regarding tyson chandler, i dont think he's worth all the money we gave him he plays hard no doubt every night but the man is about to be 30 soon, he's injury prone, he's foul prone. 58 mill for 4 years? he's worth 35-40 mill nothing more Deandre Jordan is worth what were giving tyson chandler

i do respect his leadership on the court and his defensive presence he's helped us big this year and has been the most consistent knick.
I'm at school waiting to be picked up so I'll try to respond to most of this.

Is Chris Paul worth the max? Sure, but with that contract you can't expect to have a greatly deep team. He wasn't putting all the effort in on the Hornets. Lin passing up on open shots was different than Paul last season. Lin passes up open shots to attack the basket. Paul a lot of times would pass up an open shot and just pass the ball to a teammate (not for an assist).

Chris Paul didn't have drama? Every month there was a new story of him being unhappy there. I'm not saying he didn't have a right to be unhappy with some of the things going on in the organization, but he should of outright said he wanted to be traded. At least with Melo he was still playing very good. Paul was playing lazy until the Playoffs.

Yes, Lin is being focused on by more teams now, does that mean he wasn't playing the best? I mean he was still defended well in a lot of those tough games. If he was defended like Rondo then you'd be right.

Anyhoo, gotta go. I'll respond to the rest later.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Back.

The Pacers were not contenders last season. Were they good enough to potentially upset the Bulls? Yes. They were not going to beat the Mavs. Maybe West did go for some money, but even in New Orleans he wasn't getting that much, so he wasn't just after money. He's paid about right. David West DID come out about the Hornets' uncertain future a few days ago and has before that. He wants to win, but I feel he wants to win where he can show that he's a big part. Obviously Chris Paul does too, but he comes off as "here, you do this, Blake, I'm too good to be needing to do everything". Every superstar needs help, it shouldn't be in a way you take plays off because you're worried about your body or whatever. Look at what Nash and Iverson has done throughout their careers, you can't tell me Chris Paul has the same effort and loyalty these guys had.

True, I didn't word it the best when I said Chris Paul wanted to go to a contender, they weren't until Chris Paul came. What I meant was he wanted to go to a team that had a superstar and had good depth. I honestly felt that the Hornets roster wise and future moves could have got him more help, but if he didn't feel that way and didn't like what was going on with ownership and stuff, then he should have straight up said he wanted out. He wasn't playing up to par, there was so many rumors (rumors yes, but it didn't look like a lot of it was far from the truth if a lot of it was false at all), and he kept saying he loved New Orleans, but not the Hornets. He was unhappy, if he didn't want to outright say he wanted to be traded, don't say anything at all and bust your ass for the team you're on. I watched a lot of Hornets games last season and it was quite clear he was not the same player he once was.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
I wouldn't change anything to be honest what happened before led us to where we are today, a very strong roster, some great veterans and some great young players. It's the most exciting Knicks team in the last decade and I'm looking forward to seeing how they come together. This team can win a championship no doubt, if they are playing their best.

No regrets :gony:

MadJack

Benchwarmer
I cant believe you believe that.. i just cant..

I would not have signed stat or traded for melo..

CP3
Fields/ shump
Gallo
insert FA or rookie or have kept Lee or Randolph
Chandler. only signing i was really stoked about

This honeslty would have been my ideal lineup and possibly have used peices to trade for an upgrade at SG.

Also would never have let Ewing walk. And agree 100% with the past failed drafts like Sweetney and Hill

CP3 and Chandler would not be coming to NY without Melo and Amare here.

I cant believe you believe that.. i just cant..

I would not have signed stat or traded for melo..

CP3
Fields/ shump
Gallo
insert FA or rookie or have kept Lee or Randolph
Chandler. only signing i was really stoked about

This honeslty would have been my ideal lineup and possibly have used peices to trade for an upgrade at SG.

Also would never have let Ewing walk. And agree 100% with the past failed drafts like Sweetney and Hill
Amtls2mCIAA-uAR.jpg

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't change anything to be honest what happened before led us to where we are today, a very strong roster, some great veterans and some great young players. It's the most exciting Knicks team in the last decade and I'm looking forward to seeing how they come together. This team can win a championship no doubt, if they are playing their best.

No regrets :gony:
I'm with you brother.

But if I could go back in time, I'd rethink my decision to join this forum. :smokin:
Don't get me wrong, it's cool to interact with fellow Knicks fans and all...but the NEGATIVITY in here is just too much sometimes.

With that said, your all still my people.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
If i could go back in time i would of

step 1: sign amare

step 2: force melo to sign through free agency and make him take a paycut

step 3: amnesty the worst contract

Step 4: Trade Gallanari, fields, felton, mozgov to the hornets for chris paul

step 5: sign chandler force him to take less money to play along side Amare/Melo/Cp3

Draft Shumpert/ recieve Jorts through trade from hornets

Cp3
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
tyson

This is the best response in this thread, thats exactly what I'd do.

skisloper

Starter
Everyone needs to stop with this take less money....

The only reason Lebron, Wade and Bosh agreed is become the income tax in Florida is lower then other places so their net gain was the same as if they were in any other city.....

Name another player who has taken less money ??????

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Everyone needs to stop with this take less money....

The only reason Lebron, Wade and Bosh agreed is become the income tax in Florida is lower then other places so their net gain was the same as if they were in any other city.....

Name another player who has taken less money ??????
is this serious?

Dwight Howard (who currently wants to traded) IS TURNING DOWN A 110 MILLION DEAL. IF keyword IF he were to hit FREE AGENCY he can sign for only 4 years and receive 80 MILLION. In other words if he were to stay with Orlando he is guranteed 30 Mill more.

NEXT

Chris paul... The hornets offered him a 100 Million dollar extension... Thats 100 millions dollars in case you read wrong.

Now chris paul (if you did not know is picking up his option with the clippers)

so now you do the math how much you think he's sacrificing to play with the clippers.... or do you think he's seeing the same $100 mill salary the hornets were going to give him?

To say players dont take less to play somewhere else is.. illiterate, It may not be the HUGE paycut the heat did, but nevertheless their losing out on money to play where they desire.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
is this serious?

Dwight Howard (who currently wants to traded) IS TURNING DOWN A 110 MILLION DEAL. IF keyword IF he were to hit FREE AGENCY he can sign for only 4 years and receive 80 MILLION. In other words if he were to stay with Orlando he is guranteed 30 Mill more.

NEXT

Chris paul... The hornets offered him a 100 Million dollar extension... Thats 100 millions dollars in case you read wrong.

Now chris paul (if you did not know is picking up his option with the clippers)

so now you do the math how much you think he's sacrificing to play with the clippers.... or do you think he's seeing the same $100 mill salary the hornets were going to give him?

To say players dont take less to play somewhere else is.. illiterate

Dude name a player who TOOK less money ?????
Not who U THINK will take less money.....

skisloper

Starter

Let me add.........YES players will switch teams to better their championship but NAME a player who took less money to make their team stronger ?
Durant and Westbrook took the MAX.....why not take a little less and sign another very good player ?

do u think if not for the tax issue Lebron and Wade would have taken less ?

Rose just signed the MAX....why not leave a little to sign better players ????

You live in a dreamworld if you think players think that way ?

It becomes EGO driven .........

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

obviously Dwight does not want his 110 extention with the magic so He's about to take less money, your a jack-ass if you think Orlando is letting him walk to FA

Chris paul
i dont see him sitting on his 100 extension in a hornets jersey he obviously took less money

JR SMITH OUR OWN PLAYER IS TAKING LESS TO PLAY WITH A CONTENDER, WHEN IN REALITY HE COULD OF WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE HE WOULD BE RECEIVING MORE MONEY. HE MAY NOT OF BEEN ON A CONTENDER BUT HE WOULD BE RECEIVING MORE THAN OUR 2.5 MLE

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Let me add.........YES players will switch teams to better their championship but NAME a player who took less money to make their team stronger ?
Durant and Westbrook took the MAX.....why not take a little less and sign another very good player ?

do u think if not for the tax issue Lebron and Wade would have taken less ?

Rose just signed the MAX....why not leave a little to sign better players ????

You live in a dreamworld if you think players think that way ?

It becomes EGO driven .........
:teeth: you didn't say anything about making teams stronger you said name a player who took less money.. but anyway JR smith<-- taking less money to make a team stronger. there ya go

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
Lamar Odom took less money to resign with the Lakers. Hence the reason why he was so pissed his name was involved with the Paul trade.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Lebron and Bosh took less money even though they make it up with the Florida tax exemption. Lamar Odom also took less money to resign with the Lakers. Hence the reason why he was so pissed his name was involved with the Paul trade.

who offered ODOM more money ?
Yes I agreed with lebron and wade due to taxes....

I was talking about max players not JR Smith...