Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back in time...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Would have traded our two number 1's in the 1996 Draft to move up and Draft Kobe.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Dude name a player who TOOK less money ?????
    Not who U THINK will take less money.....
    Let me add.........YES players will switch teams to better their championship but NAME a player who took less money to make their team stronger ?
    Durant and Westbrook took the MAX.....why not take a little less and sign another very good player ?

do u think if not for the tax issue Lebron and Wade would have taken less ?

Rose just signed the MAX....why not leave a little to sign better players ????

You live in a dreamworld if you think players think that way ?

It becomes EGO driven .........

obviously Dwight does not want his 110 extention with the magic so He's about to take less money, your a jack-ass if you think Orlando is letting him walk to FA

Chris paul
    i dont see him sitting on his 100 extension in a hornets jersey he obviously took less money

JR SMITH OUR OWN PLAYER IS TAKING LESS TO PLAY WITH A CONTENDER, WHEN IN REALITY HE COULD OF WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE HE WOULD BE RECEIVING MORE MONEY. HE MAY NOT OF BEEN ON A CONTENDER BUT HE WOULD BE RECEIVING MORE THAN OUR 2.5 MLE

Paul Pierce.

Let me add.........YES players will switch teams to better their championship but NAME a player who took less money to make their team stronger ?
    Durant and Westbrook took the MAX.....why not take a little less and sign another very good player ?

do u think if not for the tax issue Lebron and Wade would have taken less ?

Rose just signed the MAX....why not leave a little to sign better players ????

You live in a dreamworld if you think players think that way ?

It becomes EGO driven .........
    you didn't say anything about making teams stronger you said name a player who took less money.. but anyway JR smith<-- taking less money to make a team stronger. there ya go

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Lamar Odom took less money to resign with the Lakers. Hence the reason why he was so pissed his name was involved with the Paul trade.
    Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Feb 28, 2012 at 17:50. Reason: Im retarded

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Lebron and Bosh took less money even though they make it up with the Florida tax exemption. Lamar Odom also took less money to resign with the Lakers. Hence the reason why he was so pissed his name was involved with the Paul trade.
    who offered ODOM more money ?
    Yes I agreed with lebron and wade due to taxes....

I was talking about max players not JR Smith...

Pierce could earn $21.5M in the 2010-11 season, he took $16M instead. He took less money. EOT.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Pierce could earn $21.5M in the 2010-11 season, he took $16M instead. He took less money. EOT.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    he opted out of 21 million but signed a 64 million 4 year deal....
    do u really think in 2 years he is worth 16 million a year.....
    its called a shrew business move....thats not taking less money....

BTW, after paying NY state income tax Carmelo's still earning $1.2M more than LeBron.

lol wow, your just adding more and more onto what your saying. Honestly you dont know who would take less, because you don't know what kind of situation presents itself. their was a opportunity for Bosh,Wade, and Lebron to play on the same team and they made what was best of it and took that sacrifice.

the new CBA allows players to restructure their contracts so if the opportunity for Dwight, Durant, and Westbrook to play with each came to light, i have no doubt durant would take that paycut the thing is Dwight wants a big market as do many of these superstars in the league. we are in the era where teams WANT to form these super teams stars want to play with stars. so anything is possible.

honestly you dont think Deron, howard, and Dirk would take less to play with each other?

he opted out of 21 million but signed a 64 million 4 year deal....
    do u really think in 2 years he is worth 16 million a year.....
    its called a shrew business move....thats not taking less money....
    We're talking about who took less money not about what you think a player will be worth in 2 years.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    lol wow, your just adding more and more onto what your saying. Honestly you dont know who would take less, because you don't know what kind of situation presents itself. their was a opportunity for Bosh,Wade, and Lebron to play on the same team and they made what was best of it and took that sacrifice.

the new CBA allows players to restructure their contracts so if the opportunity for Dwight, Durant, and Westbrook to play with each came to light, i have no doubt durant would take that paycut the thing is Dwight wants a big market as do many of these superstars in the league. we are in the era where teams WANT to form these super teams stars want to play with stars. so anything is possible.

honestly you dont think Deron, howard, and Dirk would take less to play with each other?
    You keep presenting hypotheticals ,,,,,,,
    Do you think Westbrook or Durant every figured if they take a few less million each then the Thunder can use that money to upgrade their team.......is it playing together or winning a championship ?
    I absolutely disagree that either player would now renegotiate their contract to take less....

Personally I believe Deron Williams will. Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando will look for the MAX. He is EGO driven but I can be wrong......I dont think Dirk would be able to get anymore then Dallas offers...

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    We're talking about who took less money not about what you think a player will be worth in 2 years.
    so then if Billups was willing to pass up his 12 million a year this year and resign with the nicks for 32 million over 4 years would u consider him taking less money ?

You keep presenting hypotheticals ,,,,,,,
    Do you think Westbrook or Durant every figured if they take a few less million each then the Thunder can use that money to upgrade their team.......is it playing together or winning a championship ?
    I absolutely disagree that either player would now renegotiate their contract to take less....

Personally I believe Deron Williams will. Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando will look for the MAX. He is EGO driven but I can be wrong......I dont think Dirk would be able to get anymore then Dallas offers...
    Im presenting "hypothetical's" yet your doing the same thing saying Dwight will go for the Max and not take the paycut just like you can assume he'll take a max because of his ego i can assume, he'll take a paycut which makes this debate pretty much pointless because at the end of the day YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN