This is what I was talking about

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Agreeing with Red

I agree with Red and all the posters who are agreeing with Red. But I read Red's points as better than Stephen A's.

I do not mind running things through Lin, but Lin should be constantly looking to feeding Melo and Amare in the right spots and at the right time. There have to be some plays specifically designed for the stars. We can not have Melo standing in the corner or on an elbow waiting for Lin to break down the defense. Lin should do just enough to give Melo some space or Amare' a lane to the basket.

There has got to be something in between endless Melo ISO plays and Lin's constant drives to the basket and shots or kick-outs to statues in a corner.

smokes

Huge Member
Also on the main post of this thread, Red, point well made.

MDA's system can be great, but when the open look that results from all the hard work of the offense falls to say, Jared Jeffries, there wasn't much point in all that work in the first place.

We need a couple of pick n rolls/pick n pops for Amare. Screens around the key and the baseline for Melo/Fields. So on and so forth. Our offense has so many potent weapons, so much potential, we need to release that.

Wargames

Starter
I agree with Red and all the posters who are agreeing with Red. But I read Red's points as better than Stephen A's.

I do not mind running things through Lin, but Lin should be constantly looking to feeding Melo and Amare in the right spots and at the right time. There have to be some plays specifically designed for the stars. We can not have Melo standing in the corner or on an elbow waiting for Lin to break down the defense. Lin should do just enough to give Melo some space or Amare' a lane to the basket.

There has got to be something in between endless Melo ISO plays and Lin's constant drives to the basket and shots or kick-outs to statues in a corner.

Even more than that the knicks need plays.... I keep saying this but that "mini Camp" might be the best thing to happen to the knicks all season.