Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think our team would be better with Amar'e coming off the bench?

Originally Posted by dave2138
    If you do that then what happens during the last few minutes of a close game? Do you keep Stoudemire on the bench? Or do you play him with Melo/Lin and risk him being rusty playing with that specific unit.
    It's not uncommon for bench players to close games. It wouldn't be a big problem.

I actually think that Jorts would work great with the starting unit. He is a much, much better defender than Stat, probably as good a rebounder and maybe a more reliable jump shooter now.

I realize that there is no chance of Jorts being used as a starter this year, but I believe that he is the type of player who could work well at that spot in the future.

As for this year, I think we just have to hope that Stat improves. I remain hopeful that will happen.

its not mandatory to keep the bench while the whole starters sit... the last minutes.. you can put all your offense out including melo and stat... and if u need a timeout to put make a stop against the other team u can bring out all the defensive players

The reason the pick-and-roll is working with Chandler and not Amare is very simple. Spacing. Defenses still have to respect Amare's outside shot. When he is at the top of the key, he draws a defender, allowing Chandler the space to roll to the basket and Lin the space to pass it to him. Chandler's outside shot is not a concern for defenses. His defender will always be in the low block creating too much clutter for Amare to roll and Lin to find the space to pass it to him.

With that said, Amare doesn't need to come off the bench. When he and Chandler are on the floor together, or Chandler and Jeffries, run the pick-and-roll through Chandler. With the option of kicking out to either Amare or Melo. When Chandler goes to the bench, move Amare to Center, with either Melo or Harrelson at PF, and run the pick-and-roll through Amare.

Very simple. With this approach, and better outside shooting from SG, we will see much greater production out of Amare, and everybody else, in my opinion.

Veteran

I would rather see if the Knicks can trade him and get involved in the Dwight Howard trade and somehow get Pau to NY. I think the offense would work better with a post player instead of someone like Stat.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The reason the pick-and-roll is working with Chandler and not Amare is very simple. Spacing. Defenses still have to respect Amare's outside shot. When he is at the top of the key, he draws a defender, allowing Chandler the space to roll to the basket and Lin the space to pass it to him. Chandler's outside shot is not a concern for defenses. His defender will always be in the low block creating too much clutter for Amare to roll and Lin to find the space to pass it to him.

With that said, Amare doesn't need to come off the bench. When he and Chandler are on the floor together, or Chandler and Jeffries, run the pick-and-roll through Chandler. With the option of kicking out to either Amare or Melo. When Chandler goes to the bench, move Amare to Center, with either Melo or Harrelson at PF, and run the pick-and-roll through Amare.

Very simple. With this approach, and better outside shooting from SG, we will see much greater production out of Amare, and everybody else, in my opinion.
    Nice post I agree with everything you said. + rep

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I would rather see if the Knicks can trade him and get involved in the Dwight Howard trade and somehow get Pau to NY. I think the offense would work better with a post player instead of someone like Stat.
    --------------------
    Ummmmmm. .....no.

Flossy out...

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Not happening LA is not trading for any big unless it's Dwight the Lakers want a PG badly and 6th man.

I wouldn't mind Amare coming off the bench if either Chandler or Jeffries had a slightly better offensive game, even though Amare has been sub par he still commands a lot of attention and teams still respect him on the offensive end.

But I'd still rather see this team reach it's full potential with Melo and Amare starting.

In the regular season maybe... although it will never happen but in the playoffs his ass is starting.

My 2 cents keep the starting 5 but as the game goes on the rotation should be

STAT
    Novak
    Fields
    Shumpert
    Lin

Chandler
    Jeffries
    Anthony
    Smith
    Davis

Originally Posted by CA7

STAT
    Novak
    Fields
    Shumpert
    Lin

Chandler
    Jeffries
    Anthony
    Smith
    Davis
    I def agree that STAT should see a lot more time as the back up C

Originally Posted by CA7

STAT
    Novak
    Fields
    Shumpert
    Lin

Chandler
    Jeffries
    Anthony
    Smith
    Davis
    It's nice but I think you need Chandler and Lin to share a lot of floor time they play great together. You can only really play STAT and Novak together when the other teams premier bigs are sitting.

Veteran

We have a deep team. Melo can command one unit and Stat the other. win win....

Putting ego's aside, having him come off the wood with his own unit will make us stronger and faster....plus it will give other teams nightmares...

This doesn't always have to happen every game but its sure one of the fastest ways to get your team gelling and playing consistant ball. The pieces and potential is there...