View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many boards will Fields rake in this evening?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

4 12.50%

4 12.50%

7 21.88%

9 28.13%

6 18.75%

0 0%
  • 10 - if more than 10, please add in a post

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 27 123456721 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Cavs - Feb 29 @ 7:30pm. The pivotal 2nd half of the season commences

Default Knicks V Cavs - Feb 29 @ 7:30pm. The pivotal 2nd half of the season commences

Crazy⑧s Game Threads are best viewed in lo-fi, a forum theme option at the bottom left of your screen.

Are you even listening to these? Do me a favor and press play NOW.

If there were ever a ride we've been on as Knick fans, this year's has been one of highs and lows incomparable. The first half of the tumult, disappointment and the amazing emergence of Jeremy Lin is over. Now, as this shortened season closes in on completion in less than 2 months, it's time our beloved Knicks stare success or failure in the face and charge toward it; bettering themselves as a team, playing as one, or ultimately falling apart as a unit and, inevitably, as individuals.

Revitalized by a commitment to defense, Lin, Fields' return to form, the return of Davis to the line up and JR Smith's under the radar acquisition, it's high time this mob of marauders get nasty.

Battles Yet Faced

We do not want to go against 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed in the opening semis. Though I think we can take Orlando, I just don't see them being upset in the first for the second consecutive year.

I believe that in the remaining 32 games, the Knicks will have to have a record nigh on or in excess of 20-12.

Our Collective Thought

How will Jeremy Lin fair now that Linsanity regresses?

ESPN analyze Lin's game scientifically

There are some lofty comparisons to the league's best per category.

Stephen Anus Smith's Mouth

But Stephen A. Smith also said the conference-leading Heat "exposed" Lin during his 1-for-11, eight-turnover performance on Thursday night.

Carmelo Anthony disagreed.

"'Exposed' is too strong a word," Anthony told Smith on ESPN's "First Take." "I think people overanalyze the situation. He's only been two weeks into this situation. It happened overnight. He was thrown into the fire in the Boston game [on Feb. 3] and then it took off from there.

"He's gonna be all right."

Before Thursday night's loss, the Knicks were 8-2 in games Lin started.

"People fail to realize it's only 10 games for him," Anthony said earlier in the interview. "Everybody thinks he's been here multiple years and has been in situations like this. This was a test for him."

Smith explained his point in two "SportsCenter" interviews: "He's definitely a good player. He definitely belongs in this league. He definitely appears to be the point guard of the future for the New York Knicks. But there's a difference between being a starter and a star, and there's a difference between a star and a superstar."

Crazys Knick On UAV

Earl Smith the 3rd

Our stars will be under the microscope constantly as the Knicks look to further their seeding in the East. JR Smith will be an integral factor in achieving the best position possible, as he leads our second unit along with Davis, Novak and Jefferies. A highly talented, athletic phenomenon, Smith's output is paramount.

ニックスキズリポーター

Landry's Resurgence

He's been in the cross hairs of scrutiny since being swept by Boston last season. His start to this season was awry, but since he's accommodated Lin on his sofa, Fields game has boomed like cold sores.

He's quicker, more aggressive, finishing strong - as evidenced here:

and has found a role as a facilitator on the P&R.

Silencing his detractors and critics, Fields has shown that he can be an integral part of the Knicks line-up, whether to be starting or as a member of our second unit.

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight

Clyde & The Pearl

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I'm glad I'm not afraid to ask questions on here because I'd be shriveled up like a weak ass chump right now.

The Starting

STAT

Supporting Stoudemire these days is like having a ginger son in law.

MELO

Enjoys erogenous, masturbatory finger fun with his wife, as do I! Bum thumb yum.

Laundry Folds

Once punched the AIDS out of a monkey.

Cunning Lingus

I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of?

The Man Handler

Some say that he stealths through the Serengeti at night, foraging for leopards.

☆KNOW YOUR ENEMY☆

The Savaliers have been on the good end of some impressive upsets this season, and first your phenom, Kyrie Irving, has been the hero throughout all of their 4th quarter winning endeavors.

An excellent penetrating guard, Irving, as have so many others this season, will potentially do very well against our sporadic back-court defense.

Key to Victory.

● The Cavs often are out rebounded by their opposition. Offensive boards and inflated possessions should be what the team requires to win the game.

● A lot of Cavs players block shots and contest shots. If we can get their depleted front-court in foul trouble early, look for the Knicks to out run the Cavs early.

A splash of light humor to get us under way

And, of course, some bumness.

FIN

Default props

gawd, how i missed the Loco Ochos GT's. one of the best ever... props!

first off, the Red Fang song and video are incredible, i think i have a fave new band!
    rocking and funny, my type of band!

secondly, that hottie has the nicest bunnies ever! i think i love her! i need more pics of her, preferably nude and nasty...

thirdly, time to get back to basics and clobber the Cavs. how is it the Knicks have returned to losing form now that STAT and MELO are back in the fold? these superduperstars need to get it TOGETHER, right now. how is it superstardom coach Macaroni starts losing games when better players are introduced into the mix? i guess the season has started over AGAIN with the introduction of new players into the lin-up. LIN, Baron Von, Junior.

Well, we have a new season, the 2nd season after the all-star break, let's see if Antoni can make it happen. Can the Knicks stop the impressive Kyrie Irvington? who the hell do the Cavs have? double team the rook and let's go to town on these Clevelanders! come on Knicks! Let's go!

Is Jorts making his return vs the Cavs? and whats the latest on Shump

Thumbs up

AWARD WINNING

I'd like to talk second half strategy.

And now comes the hard part for Lin and the Knicks. With 31 games left over 58 days, the Knicks begin the stretch run of the lockout-shortened season on Wednesday when they host the Cleveland Cavaliers. A case could be made that DíAntoniís club is either poised for a long playoff run or a second straight early exit.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    We must:
    -incorporate our entire team

-establish an identity where we either a) predicate the offense around Melo, which will take D'Antoni to be less stubborn, adapt, and redesign

b) maintain a semblance of the same offense after incorporating Melo, which may take D'Antoni to bring STAT off the bench with the 2nd team, start Jeffries instead, and run the P&R primarily through Tyson

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    gawd, how i missed the Loco Ochos GT's. one of the best ever... props!

first off, the Red Fang song and video are incredible, i think i have a fave new band!
    rocking and funny, my type of band!

secondly, that hottie has the nicest bunnies ever! i think i love her! i need more pics of her, preferably nude and nasty...

thirdly, time to get back to basics and clobber the Cavs. how is it the Knicks have returned to losing form now that STAT and MELO are back in the fold? these superduperstars need to get it TOGETHER, right now. how is it superstardom coach Macaroni starts losing games when better players are introduced into the mix? i guess the season has started over AGAIN with the introduction of new players into the lin-up. LIN, Baron Von, Junior.

Well, we have a new season, the 2nd season after the all-star break, let's see if Antoni can make it happen. Can the Knicks stop the impressive Kyrie Irvington? who the hell do the Cavs have? double team the rook and let's go to town on these Clevelanders! come on Knicks! Let's go!
    Red Fang = stoner wonderfulnessness.

If we give up this win my good man, I'll be frothing with rabid anger. The Cavs smell, but we're the kind of team that gets upset easily and often.

Our lineup should have us in the top 3 EC teams, but our mega stars have been so inconsistent it's unbelievable. Lame. Tough schedule, too.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Not sure yet. Love me a bit of Jorts defense and rebounding. Shump should probably be back, IMO. It's a concern that such a young player has such a questionable resistance to injuries, niggling or otherwise.

Originally Posted by Red
    AWARD WINNING

I'd like to talk second half strategy.

We must:
    -incorporate our entire team

-establish an identity where we either a) predicate the offense around Melo, which will take D'Antoni to be less stubborn, adapt, and redesign

b) maintain a semblance of the same offense after incorporating Melo, which may take D'Antoni to bring STAT off the bench with the 2nd team, start Jeffries instead, and run the P&R primarily through Tyson
    Melo has to be a focal with STAT as his triple threat pass option. Worst use/non-usage of a 2 man game in the league this year.

The system works, but it's under adjusted.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Looks like Jorts is cleared to go and should be practicing before the Cavs game, whether he's immediately inserted into rotation is another question.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Looks like Jorts is cleared to go and should be practicing before the Cavs game, whether he's immediately inserted into rotation is another question.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I just hope the broken wrist doesn't affect his abilty to shoot the ball. Nobody knew he could shoot the ball like that. We need that to continue. On top of that -- like Breeny kept saying before he went down, his defense was very good...Always went straight up, rarely going for fakes which enabled him to stay out of foul trouble, uncommon for a rookie big...And he's always been a decent rebounder...Can't wait to get him back. It'll be interesting to see whose PT gets affected -- my guess is it'll be Jeffries'. But then again, Jeffries is a D'Antoni favorite and I gotta give him credit -- Jeffires has been playing well, at least better than he's ever played in the NBA...Something's gonna have to give.

Knicks will win by 15.Prediction 95 Knicks 80 Cavs.

Nice Game Thread Crazy i hope we embarrass the Cavs. Lin vs Irving should be a good matchup, sucks we gotta wait 2 more days for the next game

Veteran

Great thread as always. Crazy you are one of KOL's most dedicated members and nobody can question your love of the NY Knicks.

As much as I dislike Steven A. I have to agree with his assessment of JLin. I hope JLin does beast it the rest of the season like he's done over his last 11 games but you can see why there are doubts if he can sustain his high level of play, like he even admits he's not freakishly athletic or fast. He's got a good jumper but not great, decent FT shooter but not Kobe or Nash good and of course those TOs.

Add that all up and you have what Steven A. says about him, good player maybe a starter but not a superstar. I hope Lin proves Steven A. and me wrong but I see him coming back to earth with < 20ppg after the break.

Superstar

If we lose to the damn Cavs, again, i'm going to shoot antoni myself.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Tonight will be risky as Dantoni will be looking to test out many combinations with an 11man rotation.

I know its hard to combine these three, but I would love to see JOrts, Smith and Novak in at the same time with Lin doing PnR with either Melo or Amare.

When defense is required, I can imagine Tyson, Jeffries and Shump in thewre with offense coming from Melo and BD.

Whether we win or lose, its gonna be interesting seeing all the combos that come to the floor tonight

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Tonight will be risky as Dantoni will be looking to test out many combinations with an 11man rotation.

I know its hard to combine these three, but I would love to see JOrts, Smith and Novak in at the same time with Lin doing PnR with either Melo or Amare.

When defense is required, I can imagine Tyson, Jeffries and Shump in thewre with offense coming from Melo and BD.

Whether we win or lose, its gonna be interesting seeing all the combos that come to the floor tonight
    I agree the main thing is gona be interesting to see if MDA will go with 11 or even 10 guys depending if Jorts is gonna play yet.

We should win this easy the only way we won't is if we play down to the opposition. I'm really looking forward to our away games, Lin Fields Shumpert play great at home not quite so good away.

Amazing thread as usual, Crazy bro!!!
    Let's star this second season off with a W, boys!!!

Time to eat some caviar.. oops i mean Cavaliers