Knicks V Cavs - Feb 29 @ 7:30pm. The pivotal 2nd half of the season commences

+ Rep Poll: How many boards will Fields rake in this evening?

• Total voters

platnumn

Benchwarmer
GREAT facking game tonight fellas.

Anyone notice the logo on the Knicks floor FINALLY changed.

BTW I started a new association on 2k12 last night and had to boost stats for Lin, Chandler, Jeffries, Melo, and NOVACKAINE...talk about a lack of love.

What's to say about this win? I felt like we had 2 strong teams out there. What's hilarious to me is how Mike D said that the 2nd unit has been beating the piss out of the starters in practice over the past couple days.. After watching this game, I can understand why; the 2nd unit looked fantastic, while our starters are still obviously working out their chemistry. Lin and Melo both coexisted, but we'll need to see more Lin penetration so he can kick out to Melo at the right times.

More practice, more practice, more practice. I want to build and build upon this win, and I feel like right now everyone is in great spirits and can't be knocked down. Team chemistry is coming together, and it really seems like guys are bonding.

Lin had a difficult first half, stopping @ the top of the arch and then kind of getting stuck. As soon as he started driving, things opened up like a virgin fresh out of boarding school. He looked poised and confident out there.

BDiddy you make me smile ear-to-ear. I love the intensity you bring; you're not scared to push the pace, push your back, and push your teammates. Keep up this energy and keep putting the team first. By the way, has anyone noticed that the JR Smith backwards oop has pretty much been trademarked by them? Seen it 3 times now, converted twice, very sweeet.

NOVACKATTACK -- nothing more to say here... man..

Other shoutouts go to Melo (for his dunking and driving), Tyson (for his incredible anchor work), and SHUMPERT for looking like himself and finally converting a sweet megadunk.

Anyway those are my comments if you care. and if you don't, well then fine.

GO KNICKS!

skisloper

Starter
We dont have a 2nd-unit....Jeremy Lin could be the player to give us a 2nd-unit.

There is no way you take LIN out of the starting line-up.
Davis played great and I think the role he is in coming off the back injury suits him perfect. I get what your saying but LIN needs the opportunity to lead the team and Davis off the bench will get him in top shape.....As time goes on the dispersment of minutes I assume will be based on productivity.....Most important is we need DAVIS to stay healthy.

Great second half by the Knicks, dismal first half!

Glad they woke up before it was too late. For 30 minutes this looked like another wasted effort a la Toronto or Charlotte earlier in the year.

Our bench is looking fantastic right now, Lin is still doing his thing - good to see he's left that Miami game behind him (Chalmers will get punished by him at some point in the future! :****off:)

Chandler had another great double double despite his wrist injury...well and Melo just can't shoot the ball. It's annoying and somewhat sad to watch him shoot all those bricks. His FG% is below 40% for the season right?

skisloper

Starter

Glad they woke up before it was too late. For 30 minutes this looked like another wasted effort a la Toronto or Charlotte earlier in the year.

Our bench is looking fantastic right now, Lin is still doing his thing - good to see he's left that Miami game behind him (Chalmers will get punished by him at some point in the future! :****off:)

Chandler had another great double double despite his wrist injury...well and Melo just can't shoot the ball. It's annoying and somewhat sad to watch him shoot all those bricks. His FG% is below 40% for the season right?

He shot 9 for 16....so at least he is picking better shots and getting to the basket......He played well accept for his NON-Box out which lead to an easy Cav's basket.....better then Amare....who seems to be one of those guys on the runways who directs the planes to the gates....he waives his hands as if telling Kyle Irving where to go.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Its amazing how you keep Amare safe under your breast for protection. Melo had an efficient shooting night overall (even hit a 3) but you don't even mention STAT once. He shot 4/11 and only had 5 rbs. You know who else had 5 rbs... LIN

Your Melo hate was totally unneccesary and makes you sound stupid. Check his shot chart (perimeter) first before you make silly comments about his shooting.

Just because you asked:

Melo 40.3fg%
STAT 44.5fg%

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no way you take LIN out of the starting line-up.
Davis played great and I think the role he is in coming off the back injury suits him perfect. I get what your saying but LIN needs the opportunity to lead the team and Davis off the bench will get him in top shape.....As time goes on the dispersment of minutes I assume will be based on productivity.....Most important is we need DAVIS to stay healthy.

We just played aganst a 10th seeded 13-20 record Cavs team that blew us out in the first half of the game by 17 points.

Tyson Chandler & Fields have big-respect for Jeremy Lin as their floor leader....
I can not mention the same about Melo & Stat.
It was Chandler, Fields, and Lin defensive-charge that brang us back from being down by 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

This is the second-half of the season where teams are going to play a helluva lot harder than what we just got from the Cavs. If putting Davis & JR Smith into the starting lineup will make Melo & Stat get on the same-page as a veteran lineup....its all good b/c Shump/Fields/Jeff/Novak all JELL-WELL with Jeremy Lin on both sides of the court.

skisloper

Starter
We just played aganst a 10th seeded 13-20 record Cavs team that blew us out in the first half of the game by 17 points.

Tyson Chandler & Fields have big-respect for Jeremy Lin as their floor leader....
I can not mention the same about Melo & Stat.
It was Chandler, Fields, and Lin defensive-charge that brang us back from being down by 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

This is the second-half of the season where teams are going to play a helluva lot harder than what we just got from the Cavs. If putting Davis & JR Smith into the starting lineup will make Melo & Stat get on the same-page as a veteran lineup....its all good b/c Shump/Fields/Jeff/Novak all JELL-WELL with Jeremy Lin on both sides of the court.

Melo seemed fine last night.....actually made some easy baskets.....
I am not a believer in changing the starting PG who has brought our team back from Hell to make Amare feel more comfortable....

Its Lin's job and YES if he struggles Davis is there........But remember Davis needs to stay healthy and adjust to playing bball again.......His role on this team could not have been better scripted.

pat

Starter
19 points, 13 assists and 1 turnover for Lin and you want to bench him? This guy just went from potentially being a career-long dleaguer to carrying a failing team. People rightfully pointed out his TO numbers. He comes back after the Allstar break, delivering a 13 assist 1 turnover performance. Here is the bleedin' obvious: He is working on his game. He is able to make adjustments and he is smart enough to see what is working and what isn't. Why would you shatter his self esteem by taking the starting spot away from him. And seeing the NBA as a business, why would you the Knicks No. 1 sales argument?

Its amazing how you keep Amare safe under your breast for protection. Melo had an efficient shooting night overall (even hit a 3) but you don't even mention STAT once. He shot 4/11 and only had 5 rbs. You know who else had 5 rbs... LIN

Your Melo hate was totally unneccesary and makes you sound stupid. Check his shot chart (perimeter) first before you make silly comments about his shooting.

Just because you asked:

Melo 40.3fg%
STAT 44.5fg%

Chill out. Where have you been last month?

I grilled STAT nearly every day and was called a STAT-hater so I promised people to keep quiet about STAT for the rest of the season and let him do his thing.

Melo is not a good shooter, somebody like Durant has a much better stroke.

40% for the season is pretty bad, especially with so many scorers around him.

Just for a little comparison: Lebitch is shooting clearly over 50% for the year....and don't call me a hater now just because I said something.

I think I'm still allowed to state my oppinion. If that's hate it's probably your problem.

And btw: About 95% of my comment on the game was positive and praise, you just single out one sentence of criticism and make a big deal out of it...I mean seriously bro...:cool:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Chill out. Where have you been last month?

I grilled STAT nearly every day and was called a STAT-hater so I promised people to keep quiet about STAT for the rest of the season and let him do his thing.

Melo is not a good shooter, somebody like Durant has a much better stroke.

40% for the season is pretty bad, especially with so many scorers around him.

Just for a little comparison: Lebitch is shooting clearly over 50% for the year....and don't call me a hater now just because I said something.

I think I'm still allowed to state my oppinion. If that's hate it's probably your problem.

And btw: About 95% of my comment on the game was positive and praise, you just single out one sentence of criticism and make a big deal out of it...I mean seriously bro...:cool:

I just don't get your point. Nobody with basketball knowledge would agree with you that Melo isn't a good shooter. What does Durant's shooting mechanics have to do with Melo??? They're both top 3 at their position so...??

Why are you even criticizing ANYTHING about Melo when he had a good game???? Just doesn't make sense and makes it look like you just need to nitpick at something.

mfgillia

Rookie
19 points, 13 assists and 1 turnover for Lin and you want to bench him? This guy just went from potentially being a career-long dleaguer to carrying a failing team. People rightfully pointed out his TO numbers. He comes back after the Allstar break, delivering a 13 assist 1 turnover performance. Here is the bleedin' obvious: He is working on his game. He is able to make adjustments and he is smart enough to see what is working and what isn't. Why would you shatter his self esteem by taking the starting spot away from him. And seeing the NBA as a business, why would you the Knicks No. 1 sales argument?

QFT. Statistically he's playing better than 80% of the starting point guards in the league but not good enough to start for the Knicks? Ridiculous...

smokes

Huge Member
I just don't get your point. Nobody with basketball knowledge would agree with you that Melo isn't a good shooter. What does Durant's shooting mechanics have to do with Melo??? They're both top 3 at their position so...??

Why are you even criticizing ANYTHING about Melo when he had a good game???? Just doesn't make sense and makes it look like you just need to nitpick at something.

You spent the entire game thread criticizing Lin when he performed like one of the best PG's in the league.