Easy Way Out? STAT Prepared to Sacrifice Numbers for Ws

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Damn it's really sad how easily some of you Knicks fans turn on players this team would literally be nothing if it wasn't for him. He has flaws def but me personally I'd wait to see how he performs in the 2nd half of the year and playoffs.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Damn it's really sad how easily some of you Knicks fans turn on players this team would literally be nothing if it wasn't for him. He has flaws def but me personally I'd wait to see how he performs in the 2nd half of the year and playoffs.
I think it's more due to the lack of effort and terrible decisions from him from most of the season. The last couple of games or so I've seen effort from both of the ends of the court so I'll give him a chance.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I think it's more due to the lack of effort and terrible decisions from him from most of the season. The last couple of games or so I've seen effort from both of the ends of the court so I'll give him a chance.

I understand being critical but some ppl seem to really hate the guy, it's the same thing I see with some Laker fans and Gasol this year and I don't get it even if a guy is playing bad he's still on you fav team you should still root for him even if your critical.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
NY and LA fans love and hate their players/teams according to what time of the day it is.

Amar'e will get his shit together and dominate.

AT LEAST let the team practice together.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I understand being critical being some ppl seem to like really hate the guy, it's the same thing I see with some Laker fans and Gasol this year and I don't get it even if a guy is playing bad he's still on you fav team you should still root for him even if your critical.
But Gasol was big in winning two championships. Don't understand the hate for him, and Bynum and Pau for Howard doesn't sound that good for the Lakers. Bynum and Gasol on the court at the same time is never to be taken lightly.

I do feel kinda bad for not supporting Amar'e much, but a lot of the time he's looked like a D-Leaguer this season with not enough effort. I'll try to support him more, it'll be hard if he doesn't improve.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
But Gasol was big in winning two championships. Don't understand the hate for him, and Bynum and Pau for Howard doesn't sound that good for the Lakers. Bynum and Gasol on the court at the same time is never to be taken lightly.

I do feel kinda bad for not supporting Amar'e much, but a lot of the time he's looked like a D-Leaguer this season with not enough effort. I'll try to support him more, it'll be hard if he doesn't improve.

A lot of the hate Amare is reason Gasol is experiencing with Laker fans, a lot of ppl feel like since last year he hasnt been the same and he seems extra soft and some fans go overboard to the point that it becomes hate.

Me Ive noticed a drop in Gasols play and Ive criticized him during Laker games but I still love the guy and want him to succeed.

Even with Amare I always liked his game since back in Phoenix I always knew he had flaws but he's been my fav PF for years now and I understand his play this year has been down and very inconsistent but I'm not willing to throw away everything he's done over 30 games.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's true in a way obviously he's had to sacrifice touches he was the go-to guy last season but I don't see that as being a huge part of why his numbers are down all over the place.

Why is it that when Amare was the go-to guy last season everything was fine but when Melo (a better scorer) tries to assert himself as a dominant scorer he catches hell for it? It's not like we were a great team last year either.

One positive is that maybe when he finally see's that he isn't the same player as before that he will adjust his game accordingly like KG did.But its easier said than done since KG wanted nothing more than to win.Amar'e seems to not have the same desire as KG and you cant blame him for it because Kevin Garnett,Tim Duncan,Michael Jordan,Larry Bird,and Magic Johnson all were almost insane because of their competitive nature and work ethic.Michael was so competitive that if he lost a game of Poker to teammates, he wouldn't speak to them for days and weeks because he was so mad about losing.That kind of competitive nature is only seen today by Kobe,Chris paul,Kevin Garnett and maybe Rajon Rondo.

New New York

Quiet Storm
WOW!!!

he's averaging nearly 18 and 9 in a season when his role has changed dramatically and he's playing with a center that allows the defense to clog the lane!

Do yall realize that Chris Bosh (All Start this year) is averaging about the same numbers?

He's out playing Tim Duncan (aging I know) and Carlos Boozer

He is also coming off a major surgery this off season

Now I am not blind, there is plays Stat was making this time last year that he is not this year and I too get concerned....yet some of you are talking about him like he is Eddy Curry!

Stat will have a strong second half of the season!!

Melo's numbers have dropped as much as Stat's yet he's let off the hook?!

iSaYughh

Starter
WOW!!!

he's averaging nearly 18 and 9 in a season when his role has changed dramatically and he's playing with a center that allows the defense to clog the lane!

Do yall realize that Chris Bosh (All Start this year) is averaging about the same numbers?

He's out playing Tim Duncan (aging I know) and Carlos Boozer

He is also coming off a major surgery this off season

Now I am not blind, there is plays Stat was making this time last year that he is not this year and I too get concerned....yet some of you are talking about him like he is Eddy Curry!

Stat will have a strong second half of the season!!

Melo's numbers have dropped as much as Stat's yet he's let off the hook?!

Bosh: 19.75 PER

Duncan: 21.4 PER

Boozer: 20.52 PER

Carmelo: 19.7

Amare: 16.3

Just sayin'. STAT has been shit. Even his rather pedestrian numbers don't belie just how far he as fallen off a cliff this season; Bosh, Duncan, even Boozer have all outplayed STAT.

It's true that perhaps we don't need Amare's 20+ ppg. Ok. Then do as KG did in BOS -- boost up your efficiency and D to even greater heights. Or, as Melo has at least attempted to do: set new PR's for assits.

STAT has also talked a bigger game than anybody, and put out this faux-swag shit; and been a big time hypocrite with a lot of the shit he's said.

Paul1355

All Star
Crazy⑧s;212447 said:
Amar?e Stoudemire is averaging 17.5 points per game this season, down from his 23.5 average during his first season with the Knicks.

amare1.jpg

?No worries,?? said Stoudemire. ?I?ve spent a year where I?ve pretty much had to sacrifice a lot of my game. Whatever it takes to win. That?s the ultimate goal. If it?s sacrificing the All-Star Game for the betterment of the team, it?s how it goes sometimes.??

Stoudemire is currently vacationing in the Caribbean.

?The break is always great,?? Stoudemire said. ?You want a break from your job now and then. It?s a great opportunity to unwind and reflect on the first half of the year, enjoy the family, get back to work. Anytime you get a break from the game to kick back, relax and enjoy the family, it?s good. ... I?m going to sit back and relax on the beach, sit in nice, cool shade and hang out.??

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...e_Individual_Numbers_For_Knicks#ixzz1nTp8OZjs

Amare spent the whole offseason rehabbing for his back, now he is sitting in the shade. Why doesn't he start getting his legs back and work on his jumpshot that vanished?

I think the money is getting to Amare. He is not the same player and it doesn't look like he is changing his game for anybody.

TakMan

Rotation player
I think Anthony is more of a problem than Stoudamire. Stoudamire has shown signs of improvement in the last few games (at least on the offensive end) taking fewer and wiser shots, and asserting himself in the paint. To be true his defensive effort remains non-existent. Anthony on the other hand has returned and picked up where he left off earlier on this season. Not only is he not a clutch player to go to (as he was last year) but he continues to shoot way too much, particularly for someone not even hitting 40%. I don't understand the prejudice against Stoudamire. I feel he has adapted far better to his new role than Anthony has, and is showing signs of improvement, unlike Anthony. It's Anthony that primarily needs to adapt. Stoudamire is getting there. Also I'm thinking that when Davis is closer to 100%, this will benefit Stoudamire immensely.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think Anthony is more of a problem than Stoudamire. Stoudamire has shown signs of improvement in the last few games (at least on the offensive end) taking fewer and wiser shots, and asserting himself in the paint. To be true his defensive effort remains non-existent. Anthony on the other hand has returned and picked up where he left off earlier on this season. Not only is he not a clutch player to go to (as he was last year) but he continues to shoot way too much, particularly for someone not even hitting 40%. I don't understand the prejudice against Stoudamire. I feel he has adapted far better to his new role than Anthony has, and is showing signs of improvement, unlike Anthony. It's Anthony that primarily needs to adapt. Stoudamire is getting there. Also I'm thinking that when Davis is closer to 100%, this will benefit Stoudamire immensely.

Those are Melo's FGAs from the last 3 games. You think that's way too much for the best scorer on the team???

STAT certainly has been taking fewer shots (to the detriment of the team) but what do you mean by "wiser shots"?? Both Melo and STAT are inconsistent shooters right now. The difference is STAT gets blocked it seems at least twice per game in the paint.

Great scorers like Melo aren't going to stop shooting just because of a fg%. Everyone knows he's way better than what we've seen, so he will continue to attack until he regains full form. He's not playing up to his potential but chances are he will get back to doing what he does soon.

Dude, stop your bitching and whining about Melo while at the same time giving STAT a pass. Either keep it real or STFU.

KingCharles34

All Star

Those are Melo's FGAs from the last 3 games. You think that's way too much for the best scorer on the team???

STAT certainly has been taking fewer shots (to the detriment of the team) but what do you mean by "wiser shots"?? Both Melo and STAT are inconsistent shooters right now. The difference is STAT gets blocked it seems at least twice per game in the paint.

Great scorers like Melo aren't going to stop shooting just because of a fg%. Everyone knows he's way better than what we've seen, so he will continue to attack until he regains full form. He's not playing up to his potential but chances are he will get back to doing what he does soon.

Dude, stop your bitching and whining about Melo while at the same time giving STAT a pass. Either keep it real or STFU.

Green rep for this post, real talk. At least Melo tries to get his teammates involved too, Stat has given us very few positives to talk about. People should just keep it fair, if your gonna go in on Melo dont give Stat a pass.

TakMan

Rotation player
I think I've got the right to b*tch about whoever I want or feel like is the biggest let down right now. And at the moment I would definitely pick Anthony over Stoudamire.

At the moment he is the best scorer on the team cos he is shooting far more than anyone else. He is also shooting appallingly. Until he gets back into form (and no doubt he will), he will cost us games. Most famously was the Nuggets game, but even vs Miami it was his 4th quarter decisions that failed to bring us back in the game. This is no longer a one man team. We have good players in every position and they need to be involved. Stoudamire has realised this whereas Anthony is having difficulties understanding that. One example of Stoudamire's realisation of his new role is the wiser shot selection. The amount of times Stoudamire cost us the win last year as he tried to win the game on his own in the 4th, and just ended up running into opposition players was too much to handle. He's smarter this year, is showing more signs of adapting his game offensively compared to Anthony at the moment. Unfortunately I can't say the same for him regarding his defensive game (if that's what you can call it)

I also fully expect Anthony to regain his form, but he is more to blame for Knicks losses than Stoudamire of late.

EDIT:

Also, Toney Douglas shot 42% from the three last year. You could possibly call him our best three point shooter last year. If he averaged 17 shots per game, at 39%, you can bet you would be more than having a go at him as well as the Knicks staff, management, owners, and all of Douglas' family and friends. So yes I will continue to express my disappointment at Anthony's performances, for as long as he continues to play like this year's version of Toney Douglas.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
At the moment he is the best scorer on the team cos he is shooting far more than anyone else.
Clearly you're not familiar with Melo with a comment like that.

but even vs Miami it was his 4th quarter decisions that failed to bring us back in the game.
Wow! So I guess Lin had a great game, the refs were fair and Antoni made all the timely substitutions when needed. FOH!

This is no longer a one man team. We have good players in every position and they need to be involved. Stoudamire has realised this whereas Anthony is having difficulties understanding that.
STAT has realized this HOW? Seriously you need to study RED's This is what I was talking about thread. Melo SHOULD be taking more shots than the role players unless there is an injury. STAT too!

One example of Stoudamire's realisation of his new role is the wiser shot selection. The amount of times Stoudamire cost us the win last year as he tried to win the game on his own in the 4th, and just ended up running into opposition players was too much to handle. He's smarter this year, is showing more signs of adapting his game offensively compared to Anthony at the moment.
This STILL does not explain what you mean by STATS "wiser" shot selection. You clearly confuse adapting with playing like sh!t. Also, what "new role" are you talking about? Is he not still one of our best players that we should rely on to get us to that next level???

I also fully expect Anthony to regain his form, but he is more to blame for Knicks losses than Stoudamire of late.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Nobody blames losses on STAT. WTF are you talking about?? They lose as a team for various reasons. Coaching mistakes too. Watch the ENTIRE games and then you'll become better versed in the matter kiddo.

Also, Toney Douglas shot 42% from the three last year. You could possibly call him our best three point shooter last year. If he averaged 17 shots per game, at 39%, you can bet you would be more than having a go at him as well as the Knicks staff, management, owners, and all of Douglas' family and friends. So yes I will continue to express my disappointment at Anthony's performances, for as long as he continues to play like this year's version of Toney Douglas.

Wow, you actually put TD and Melo on the same playing field. You clearly don't understand anything about basketball kiddo. I was just about to further explain why that last comment was the dumbest sh!t but i'm done. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

TakMan

Rotation player
I've watched every single Knicks game this season from start to finish. This means I don't go to bed until at least 4:30 in the morning where I am.

Just a few points:

At the moment he is the best scorer on the team cos he is shooting far more than anyone else.

You highlighted the wrong bit. I was stressing the "At the moment" part. It's pretty much common sense. If you're not shooting well, and you're still the team's top scorer, it can only be that you are shooting far more which is making you the top scorer. There are people shooting better than Anthony right now who are denied a scoring opportunity because Anthony is playing his game even when he's not on top of his game (which is the majority of this season).

Obviously Miami wasn't predominantly Anthony's fault, but it's natural to feel most disappointed with your leading scorer when he hasn't turned up all season and continues not to turn up for one of the biggest games of the season.

I disagree that Anthony and Stoudamire need to constantly shoot more than the rest of the team. I believe with the strength and depth of this team, we should easily be able to adapt our game depending on how Anthony and Stoudamire are performing. Anthony shot 33% attempting 20 shots in our last game. This team had players such as J.R Smith, Landry Fields, Steve Novak, and even Tyson Chandler during that game who could have been utilised far better. These players add so much variety to our offence it's unreal. They were at the forefront of our 7 game winning streak. They deserve to be acknowledged. Obviously during games where Anthony resembles his old self, he should be given the green light to shoot at will.

Wow, you actually put TD and Melo on the same playing field. You clearly don't understand anything about basketball kiddo. I was just about to further explain why that last comment was the dumbest sh!t but i'm done. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Anthony has the potential to be on the same playing field with Kevin Durant, as he has the potential to be on the same playing field with Toney Douglas. When your best offensive player is shooting under 40% consistently throughout the season. then you can claim he is having a Toney Douglas type of season. All players (particularly star players) need to prove themselves season after season. I don't care what he did last year. Any player who competes with Lebron James one year and with Toney Douglas then next is not a proven star in my books. Remember Denver didn't stop winning when Anthony left. If he wants to be a proven star, he needs to find his game and keep it.

The only reason I'm being this harsh on him is that he is the player I expect the most out of. For good reason too.