Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy Way Out? STAT Prepared to Sacrifice Numbers for Ws

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    So, does this mean he doesn't mind Jeffries or jorts starting?
    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I quickly thought of this.

But seriously, I really think we'd be better off rotating Jeffries, harrelson and Novak at power forward then we our with Stats cottonelle defense, his offensive fouls and his getting his shot blocked. Thats not even including his salary, which would also be a huge positive if we got rid of it. Just thinkin of the money that would free up makes from about 1 inch to 4

much rather have David Lee @ $12M per, who can rebound, shoot the short jumper, and pick and roll
    better than STAT @$20M per. can't get much worse defensively.

STAT was the man as the #1 go-to guy, both on the Suns and last year on the Knicks, but as 2nd or 3rd option,
    he's making excuses for not performing or getting it done. even Girafferies is playing better this year. smh

he better take less.. if not just get him outa here! we gota keep or bench and role players

Originally Posted by Number3
    he better take less.. if not just get him outa here! we gota keep or bench and role players
    Less cash? His contract is non-adjustable as per the previous CBA.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    much rather have David Lee @ $12M per, who can rebound, shoot the short jumper, and pick and roll
    better than STAT @$20M per. can't get much worse defensively.

STAT was the man as the #1 go-to guy, both on the Suns and last year on the Knicks, but as 2nd or 3rd option,
    he's making excuses for not performing or getting it done. even Girafferies is playing better this year. smh
    I hate to admit it because i was completely wrong about this but David Lee has already easily surpassed Amare and has a superior ranking amongst all power forwards. We got robbed by Amarknee, hes already begun that decline that most players hit a year or two later then him. It wont be any better for him the next year or the following year. David Lee is a guy I can see being a good player for another 5 to 8 years. Why not trade him for an expiring contract now or buy him out? We have players that can fill in and give us more then he does.

Damn it's really sad how easily some of you Knicks fans turn on players this team would literally be nothing if it wasn't for him. He has flaws def but me personally I'd wait to see how he performs in the 2nd half of the year and playoffs.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Damn it's really sad how easily some of you Knicks fans turn on players this team would literally be nothing if it wasn't for him. He has flaws def but me personally I'd wait to see how he performs in the 2nd half of the year and playoffs.
    I think it's more due to the lack of effort and terrible decisions from him from most of the season. The last couple of games or so I've seen effort from both of the ends of the court so I'll give him a chance.

I think it's more due to the lack of effort and terrible decisions from him from most of the season. The last couple of games or so I've seen effort from both of the ends of the court so I'll give him a chance.
    I understand being critical but some ppl seem to really hate the guy, it's the same thing I see with some Laker fans and Gasol this year and I don't get it even if a guy is playing bad he's still on you fav team you should still root for him even if your critical.

NY and LA fans love and hate their players/teams according to what time of the day it is.

Amar'e will get his **** together and dominate.

AT LEAST let the team practice together.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I understand being critical being some ppl seem to like really hate the guy, it's the same thing I see with some Laker fans and Gasol this year and I don't get it even if a guy is playing bad he's still on you fav team you should still root for him even if your critical.
    But Gasol was big in winning two championships. Don't understand the hate for him, and Bynum and Pau for Howard doesn't sound that good for the Lakers. Bynum and Gasol on the court at the same time is never to be taken lightly.

I do feel kinda bad for not supporting Amar'e much, but a lot of the time he's looked like a D-Leaguer this season with not enough effort. I'll try to support him more, it'll be hard if he doesn't improve.

But Gasol was big in winning two championships. Don't understand the hate for him, and Bynum and Pau for Howard doesn't sound that good for the Lakers. Bynum and Gasol on the court at the same time is never to be taken lightly.

I do feel kinda bad for not supporting Amar'e much, but a lot of the time he's looked like a D-Leaguer this season with not enough effort. I'll try to support him more, it'll be hard if he doesn't improve.
    A lot of the hate Amare is reason Gasol is experiencing with Laker fans, a lot of ppl feel like since last year he hasnt been the same and he seems extra soft and some fans go overboard to the point that it becomes hate.

Me Ive noticed a drop in Gasols play and Ive criticized him during Laker games but I still love the guy and want him to succeed.

Even with Amare I always liked his game since back in Phoenix I always knew he had flaws but he's been my fav PF for years now and I understand his play this year has been down and very inconsistent but I'm not willing to throw away everything he's done over 30 games.

Superstar

Im not sure how getting blocked every time he goes to the rim helps contribute to wins

the guy is past is prime..bench him

Off Topic

Originally Posted by smokes
    It's true in a way obviously he's had to sacrifice touches he was the go-to guy last season but I don't see that as being a huge part of why his numbers are down all over the place.

Why is it that when Amare was the go-to guy last season everything was fine but when Melo (a better scorer) tries to assert himself as a dominant scorer he catches hell for it? It's not like we were a great team last year either.

One positive is that maybe when he finally see's that he isn't the same player as before that he will adjust his game accordingly like KG did.But its easier said than done since KG wanted nothing more than to win.Amar'e seems to not have the same desire as KG and you cant blame him for it because Kevin Garnett,Tim Duncan,Michael Jordan,Larry Bird,and Magic Johnson all were almost insane because of their competitive nature and work ethic.Michael was so competitive that if he lost a game of Poker to teammates, he wouldn't speak to them for days and weeks because he was so mad about losing.That kind of competitive nature is only seen today by Kobe,Chris paul,Kevin Garnett and maybe Rajon Rondo.