Are we a player in the race for Dwight?

SMH at people on here trying to trade Chandler......the second best center in the league.......:couto:

I also think Amar'e can still play a role on this team if Lin can find him more on the pick and roll.

And Turkoglu is absolutely terrible these days, on a nasty contract. Pretty much the Orlando version of Quentin Richardson when he used to be with us. Probably even worse.

Right now I wouldn't trade anybody. How are the coaches and players supposed to -ever- build some kind of chemistry and find cohesion on the court when we change the roster every two months?

fender0577

Rotation player
SMH at people on here trying to trade Chandler......the second best center in the league.......:couto:

I also think Amar'e can still play a role on this team if Lin can find him more on the pick and roll.

And Turkoglu is absolutely terrible these days, on a nasty contract. Pretty much the Orlando version of Quentin Richardson when he used to be with us. Probably even worse.

Right now I wouldn't trade anybody. How are the coaches and players supposed to -ever- build some kind of chemistry and find cohesion on the court when we change the roster every two months?
:agreed:I keep saying the same thing, TC, has played his heart out for us:gony:, and you guys want to just throw him out like garbage, SMDH.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
It`s a shame we can`t trade for coaches. I hear there`s a pile of dog turd on the pavement in Broadway that we could get for Mike D`Antoni.

No way we trade Tyson Chandler. The Knicks MVP so far this year.

quiggle

Starter
do some of you not understand just how much money was invested in renovating the Garden to get rid of the Willis Reed tunnel? and its not done yet. what would Howard, Melo and Lin do to the Knicks marketing wise, much more then Chandler would. if Dolan screwed New York from getting a football stadium, he has to do everything he can do acuqire Howard and prevent him from christening Barclays center.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer

thats not a reason to not acquire the best center in the league. if it makes the team better in the long run you do it. that being said, i think we already have the perfect center for nyc and i wouldnt do tyson for dwight straight up if orlando threw in a hummer from nayer. tysons leadership does more for this team than any individual defense dwight can provide.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Players that should be off limits even for Howard?

Lin.

Melo.

End of list.

I love Fields but Shump and JR are more than good enough to start/share minutes.

JJ has been a great servant but come on.

Boshemire has no place in this team and Melo while struggling I just see coming back and beasting, don't see that for Boshemire.

Chandler? toughest of all to get rid of but if he is the second best (debatable) C in the league then he's still a million miles away from the first, the clear best, Howard. What Howard could do for this team on the court and off it is incredible.

It won't happen, he's going to L.A., NJ or Dallas and I still think despite it being the most strange of destinations it's NJ. Yeah L.A. and Dallas make more sense to us but Howard is determined he wants to be the man and I can respect that if he's true to his word.

quiggle

Starter
Lin is only as good as how much money he can bring in, once linsanity dies down and teams get adjusted to his play he is expendable and Knicks should consider moving him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lin is only as good as how much money he can bring in, once linsanity dies down and teams get adjusted to his play he is expendable and Knicks should consider moving him.

Sell stock whilst high.

It's logical in a sense, but completely illogical in others.

Doubt it'll happen.

fender0577

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;212807 said:
Sell stock whilst high.

It's logical in a sense, but completely illogical in others.

Doubt it'll happen.
:agreed:While i like LIN, he's not a franchise type player, sell.But, of course, we'll give him near max money, expecting him, to put up these numbers for the rest of his career, only the knicks.

Howard might be following DWill to Brooklyn or following him to Dallas. IMO, we'll see a coaching change before we'll see Howard in Blue and Orange.

If Lin stinks up the second half of the season...expect him and the coach to be shipped out. I like Lin but he needs to work on his handle if he expects to be around for the long term. His vision and hustle are the main things that separated him from the other pg's on this team. Develop a better handle and he's a keeper.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I could really see a scenario where we ship STAT (despite the perceived drop off in game) and Chandler in a deal for Dwight. Whether or not we take back Hedo's deal in the move, or get a third team involved to take Hedo's contract, along with one of STAT or Tyson...from a "roster on paper" standpoint, it would be straight up insane and ass backwards to not explore.

Unlikely? Absolutely. But out of the realm of possibility? Nope.

New New York

Quiet Storm
do some of you not understand just how much money was invested in renovating the Garden to get rid of the Willis Reed tunnel? and its not done yet. what would Howard, Melo and Lin do to the Knicks marketing wise, much more then Chandler would. if Dolan screwed New York from getting a football stadium, he has to do everything he can do acuqire Howard and prevent him from christening Barclays center.

Great point!!!

Look the reason why we gave Denver all we did is to prevent them (The Nets) from getting Melo which was 100% Dolan's battle!

Dolan would allow for us to be a 3rd team in a trade that landed Dwight anywhere but in Brooklyn next year

hey Quiggle....+1

fender0577

Rotation player
Great point!!!

Look the reason why we gave Denver all we did is to prevent them (The Nets) from getting Melo which was 100% Dolan's battle!

Dolan would allow for us to be a 3rd team in a trade that landed Dwight anywhere but in Brooklyn next year

hey Quiggle....+1
I would really hope not, our team is fine as constructed, we just need(in my A.I voice):peace:practice.

Seriously tho.. **** Howard. If he made his fts id trade for him in a heart beat. But Tyson gives us enough of the intagibles Howard does on D AND can hit his fts AND can play without demanding the ball.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
look at you fags talking about trading lin cause he wont be like this anymore in the future. smfh:barf: you guys arent true knicks fans there's always something wrong. just give em time and not the first half wasnt enough with all thats happened with this team.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
look at you fags talking about trading lin cause he wont be like this anymore in the future. smfh:barf: you guys arent true knicks fans there's always something wrong. just give em time and not the first half wasnt enough with all thats happened with this team.
Is this what it's really come to, that Jeremy Lin would prevent the Knicks from acquiring Dwight Howard?

If Orlando came calling, which apparently they already sent feelers out early on about a Stat Chandler for Howard as the major pieces, if Jeremy Lin was the deal breaker that would be just plain sad.

Any chance you have to get a top 5 player in the game, you do it, 10 out of 10 times.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Is this what it's really come to, that Jeremy Lin would prevent the Knicks from acquiring Dwight Howard?

If Orlando came calling, which apparently they already sent feelers out early on about a Stat Chandler for Howard as the major pieces, if Jeremy Lin was the deal breaker that would be just plain sad.

Any chance you have to get a top 5 player in the game, you do it, 10 out of 10 times.
Bro, Toney Douglas was a deal breaker for Jamal Crawford...
So yes Jeremy Lin being a deal breaker for Howard is possible :teeth:

That being said, I wouldn't mind him here but I don't necessarily want him.