2nd Half Of The Season Outlook

CA7

Scoring Champ
As disappointing as the 1st half of the season was we finally have a deep, healthy and all around team. No more excuses for these guys from the FO to the last man on the bench. We have to impose our will on the weak teams in the league and compete our asses off against the good to elite teams in the league.

With 31 games left at best I want us to be a 25-6 team but in all actuality I can see us going 22-9 and at worst 18-13

Mike D'Antoni- Needs to utilize his talent level, he needs to put our players in the best position to succeed, PERIOD

7 Carmelo Anthony- Needs to be the best scorer in the NBA and a force on the boards like he was in the All Star Game, contrary to popular opinion he's been defending better than he ever has(excluding 09 playoffs). Stat projections- 25ppg, 8rpg, 4apg with %'s at 48-38-88

1 Amar'e Stoudemire- Needs to regain form, he wont be the big scorer but he can have a big impact on the game. He just needs to be a force on the boards, diving to the basket and playing weak side D, if he can do all those things at a high level we can take that next step Stat projections- 18ppg, 11rpg, 2bpg with %'s 52-75(FT)

6 Tyson Chandler- just keep working your ass off and stop losing your cool. Nothing more for Tyson Stat projections-12ppg, 12rpg, 2.5bpg

2 Landry Fields- be the scrappy guy for last year and for gods sake work on that jumper, needs to step up and defend everyone like he did Kobe Stat projections- 12ppg, 5rpg, 3apg, 2spg, 1bpg with %'s 50-40-80

17 Jeremy Lin- he had the games where we needed him to score but now we need him to be a "Point Guard" in every sense of the phrase. He has to control our team and get STAT and Melo flowing, Landry and Tyson are fine they'll find their buckets. Stat projections- 10ppg, 12apg, 2spg with %'s 50-40-90(unlikely)

8 JR Smith- has matured since coming back and just need to come in and make plays for us, play your game spot up, attack and keep defending Stat projections- 12ppg, 4apg, 2 spg with %'s 45-42-85

21 Iman Shumpert- if he could be any 2 players I would love him to be Dwayne Wade on Defense and Russell Westbrook on Offense, so thats my goal for Shumpert to defend like Wade and attack like Westbrook I know he can do it, if you doubt him then fcuk your opinion Stat projections- 9ppg, 4rpg, 4apg, 2.5spg, 1bpg with %'s 45-35-80

9 Jared Jeffries- I dont have projections for him just come in play hard and dont turn the ball over Stat projections- play hard dont turn the ball over, make open lay-ups

85 Baron Davis- lead the 2nd unit, make plays and keep up the pace the 1st unit creates or pick the game up for us. Stat projections- 6ppg, 6apg

16 Steve Novak- shoot the J, shoot it, just keep hitting 3's, Stat projections- >50% from 3

55 Josh Harrellson- when you get back just be the scrappy player you are rebound, hit the open J and set great screens Stat projections- 5ppg, 7rpg

I got faith in my boys and hopefully they are hungry and want it just as bad as we do

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I'm hoping Amare is offended that he wasn't chosen for the All-star game and comes out with a chip on his shoulder for the second half of the season. I like your assessment on Jorts, but I might add that he might benifit more than Chandler on those high pick n rolls. (Like David Lee did a few years ago)

Your like me and optimistic that Dantoni will go with a 10 man rotation. Everyone knows he has been reluctant to do so in the past. I honestly don't see him doing it for long though. Someone will be the odd man out between, Jorts, Jeffries, Novak, Shump, and JR.

Im going to assume Jorts wont see much playing time. For the sole fact that Novak has emereged as a spot up consistent shooter.

Lin/Davis
Fields/Shump
Melo/JR
STAT/Novak/Jeffries
Tyson/Jeffries/Jorts

Dantoni has a good problem on his hands espicially in a condensed season like this. But come playoff time I see him cutting down to an 9 or even 8 man rotation.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I dont mind cutting it down to 9 during the playoffs depending on the match up but with 31 games in like 58 days I think we gotta go 10/11 deep

Also Jorts has to play he does a little bit of everything shoot, rebound, defend and screen which is why I think he has to be in the rotation rotating Stoudemire, Chandler, Jeffries, Novak and Harrelson at the 4/5 is a great problem for us to have

Lin/Davis splitting time at the 1 is also good because they are so different

Anthony/Fields/Shumpert/Smith at the 2/3 is phenomenal to have since they all are so different and versatile

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
If coached properly I can see Shump turning into a Metta World Peace type guard/forward. He can become a lock-down defender in my opinion.

Agree with pretty much everything you mentioned CA7, although I'd add one point: Melo absolutely needs to increase his FG% and find a way to get his jumpshot back. He shot poorly from the perimiter in the ASG, just like he did all season for us. Compare that to guys like Durant who are almost automatic.

He should either work the post and drive more or work on his outside shooting, because right now he's a very mediocre shooter.

I think all Amar'e needs to change is to play better defense and cut his dribble drive to the basket (turnovers). He can still be a very good asset to us, his elbow jumper seems to come back to him which is good.

Lin needs to find Amar'e more on the pick and roll, as good as LIn has been (especially in combination with Chandler), he quite often didn't find Amar'e on the pnr.

If coached properly I can see Shump turning into a Metta World Peace type guard/forward. He can become a lock-down defender in my opinion.

I'd say more of a Wade/Mookie Blaylock type of defender. Artest was never athletic or skilled, Shump is - pretty much like Wade (poor man's version) or Blaylock in the 90's (great thief).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mid season grades for the big 3.

21 Iman Shumpert- if he could be any 2 players I would love him to be Dwayne Wade on Defense and Russell Westbrook on Offense, so thats my goal for Shumpert to defend like Wade and attack like Westbrook I know he can do it, if you doubt him then fcuk your opinion Stat projections- 9ppg, 4rpg, 4apg, 2.5spg, 1bpg with %'s 45-35-80

I got faith in my boys and hopefully they are hungry and want it just as bad as we do

Man. People disagreeing with you is starting to get to you, isn't it?

I like your assessment, and agree with most of it. I think your statistical predictions are a bit ambitious, but we'll see what happens in the first 10 games.

I'd like to go through and grade The Big 3 from A through D- to add to your good thread idea.

I'll go in monetary order, because I'm a firm believer in numerical output VS income.

Carmelo - $18,518,574 - C+

It hasn't been a good year for the Knicks most talented player.

A career .456% shooting scorer averaging just under 25 PPG since his rookie season, Melo has managed to provide the team with comparatives of .397 FG% and 21.4 PPG this year. His rebounding is down 0.50% on his career, as well.

Often mentioned alongside the likes of Lebron James, Wade, Kobe and so on, Melo has proven to be a MAX salary player that can't produce at a clip near the magnitude of the aforementioned, who have individually taken their teams to playoff berths. THUS FAR! that is the case.

A talent the likes of Anthony can't be counted out yet, but if the production doesn't improve and the losses mount - or there's a first round playoff exit - Carmelo's legacy in NY will get off to a rough start.

But the season is young, Melo's been injured, he was asked to manage a burden too big for him: carry the Knicks, and he now has the player most believe he needs to get him where he needs to go in Lin. He's still a youngling as far as fitting Mike D'Antoni's system goes, but in Melo's defense, Mike has hardly adjusted the system to fit Carmelo's ball dominant offensive game. Though not in every game of this season so far, it has shown that a ball dominant player that isn't scoring well hurts their team. To his absolute credit, since returning to the line up Melo has looked to move the ball. Once he can incorporate that with his offense, good things are bound to unfold. Just get it done soon please, Melo.

Keep the faith................... Have to be a believer.:peace:

Amar'e - $18,217,705 - C- - verging on a D

His offense used to cloak his defense. This year, he's been a basketball tragedy.

Missed layups, often has his shot blocked, missing open looks, turnovers galore, charges like a wounded bull. Urgh! :barf:

.447 FG% - 8 RPG - though it seems he's often corralling easy rebounds as opposed to contested ones. WTF is going on?

Never mind the defense.

All I can say is, STAT needs an intervention. The whole of the NYK's constituency needs to voice their disdain toward this guy. Where is the mental edge? The captain's desire? The star refusing to stop shining? Now he's stated outright that he's willing to take a step back, when he needs to push himself forward! Hardly a sign that he's prepared to do what it takes to get his and in doing so get the Knicks theirs.

Faith fading hourly.

Tyson Chandler - $13,107,837 - A-.

Has come in and done precisely what he was acquired for. Defense, intensity, leadership. The only reason he gets a minus is because of a tendency to be distracted by quarrels. Self distraction, as is the case with Carmelo, wins nothing.

That aside, the effort is incredible. Out of our highest payed players, there is only one shining light. The Man Handler.

100% effort deserves 100% faith.

Crazy⑧s;212656 said:

Man. People disagreeing with you is starting to get to you, isn't it?

I like your assessment, and agree with most of it. I think your statistical predictions are a bit ambitious, but we'll see what happens in the first 10 games.

I'd like to go through and grade The Big 3 from A through D- to add to your good thread idea.

I'll go in monetary order, because I'm a firm believer in numerical output VS income.

Carmelo - $18,518,574 - C+

It hasn't been a good year for the Knicks most talented player.

A career .456% shooting scorer averaging just under 25 PPG since his rookie season, Melo has managed to provide the team with comparatives of .397 FG% and 21.4 PPG this year. His rebounding is down 0.50% on his career, as well.

Often mentioned alongside the likes of Lebron James, Wade, Kobe and so on, Melo has proven to be a MAX salary player that can't produce at a clip near the magnitude of the aforementioned, who have individually taken their teams to playoff berths. THUS FAR! that is the case.

A talent the likes of Anthony can't be counted out yet, but if the production doesn't improve and the losses mount - or there's a first round playoff exit - Carmelo's legacy in NY will get off to a rough start.

But the season is young, Melo's been injured, he was asked to manage a burden too big for him: carry the Knicks, and he now has the player most believe he needs to get him where he needs to go in Lin. He's still a youngling as far as fitting Mike D'Antoni's system goes, but in Melo's defense, Mike has hardly adjusted the system to fit Carmelo's ball dominant offensive game. Though not in every game of this season so far, it has shown that a ball dominant player that isn't scoring well hurts their team. To his absolute credit, since returning to the line up Melo has looked to move the ball. Once he can incorporate that with his offense, good things are bound to unfold. Just get it done soon please, Melo.

Keep the faith................... Have to be a believer.:peace:

Amar'e - $18,217,705 - C- - verging on a D

His offense used to cloak his defense. This year, he's been a basketball tragedy.

Missed layups, often has his shot blocked, missing open looks, turnovers galore, charges like a wounded bull. Urgh! :barf:

.447 FG% - 8 RPG - though it seems he's often corralling easy rebounds as opposed to contested ones. WTF is going on?

Never mind the defense.

All I can say is, STAT needs an intervention. The whole of the NYK's constituency needs to voice their disdain toward this guy. Where is the mental edge? The captain's desire? The star refusing to stop shining? Now he's stated outright that he's willing to take a step back, when he needs to push himself forward! Hardly a sign that he's prepared to do what it takes to get his and in doing so get the Knicks theirs.

Faith fading hourly.

Tyson Chandler - $13,107,837 - A-.

Has come in and done precisely what he was acquired for. Defense, intensity, leadership. The only reason he gets a minus is because of a tendency to be distracted by quarrels. Self distraction, as is the case with Carmelo, wins nothing.

That aside, the effort is incredible. Out of our highest payed players, there is only one shining light. The Man Handler.

100% effort deserves 100% faith.

Nice idea Crazy8S!

Grades seem legit, although I'd slightly modify them. Mine look like this:

Melo - c- (deserves a minus for the FG% alone)
STAT D+ (was terrible, but played ok on offense the last couple of games).
Chandler A (Can't see anything that deserves a minus).

LIke I said, pretty similar to your grades just a few minor tweaks :thumbsup:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Well STAT in the last couple of games has improved his defense and offense for sure you can defitnetly see he did... Melo's defense all the sudden is alot better now at least the last past couple of games if you guys didnt notice..

Maybe melo's better defense will guide STAT, i hope at least but STAT's last couple of games have been alot better then the beginning of the season

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I dont mind cutting it down to 9 during the playoffs depending on the match up but with 31 games in like 58 days I think we gotta go 10/11 deep

Also Jorts has to play he does a little bit of everything shoot, rebound, defend and screen which is why I think he has to be in the rotation rotating Stoudemire, Chandler, Jeffries, Novak and Harrelson at the 4/5 is a great problem for us to have

Lin/Davis splitting time at the 1 is also good because they are so different

Anthony/Fields/Shumpert/Smith at the 2/3 is phenomenal to have since they all are so different and versatile

Hey I agree with everything your saying but do you think running a 10 man rotation during the playoffs is realistic? I'm just asking because it's hard to get in rythm when your playing less minutes.

I like the lineup when JR and Novak are on the floor together. They spread the floor and the pick n roll works best when they're in the corners. If Jorts can get his 3p % a little over 40% I can see him cutting Novaks and Jeffries minutes. (Currently shooting 40% from the field and 35% from 3, through 16 games.)

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hey I agree with everything your saying but do you think running a 10 man rotation during the playoffs is realistic? I'm just asking because it's hard to get in rythm when your playing less minutes.

I like the lineup when JR and Novak are on the floor together. They spread the floor and the pick n roll works best when they're in the corners. If Jorts can get his 3p % a little over 40% I can see him cutting Novaks and Jeffries minutes. (Currently shooting 40% from the field and 35% from 3, through 16 games.)

nah in the playoffs most teams go with 8, I see us doing 9 solely because of the versatility we have

The second half should be electric. Our players should be more comfortable with each others tendancies and that lost to the "Heat" will be the fuel to their fire. I actually feel good about the bockers as we go forward. I don't mind losing at all....just as long as we don't lose for dumb reasons.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I'd say more of a Wade/Mookie Blaylock type of defender. Artest was never athletic or skilled, Shump is - pretty much like Wade (poor man's version) or Blaylock in the 90's (great thief).

I'd rather Shumpert be like Tony Allen Wade is a better help defender than one on one defender, and he really saves his best D for when he plays Kobe other than that he doesn't give his all on one on one D like Tony Allen does who is the best perimeter defender right now.