Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Harrellson and Iman Shumpert return to practice!

Default Josh Harrellson and Iman Shumpert return to practice!

Knicks Blog | ESPN New York — Before the All Star break, the Knicks gained plenty of depth. J.R. Smith signed as a free agent and Baron Davis made his long-anticipated debut. It appears they'll be getting even deeper this week. Forward Josh Harrellson (wrist) and guard Iman Shumpert (knee) will return to practice on Tuesday, according to the Knicks. Harrellson has been out since fracturing his right wrist on Jan. 21. Shumpert has been sidelined since last Monday due to left knee tendinitis that became too severe to play with.

New York Knicks 5 hours ago

Sensational news! Thanks for the info, dude.

Awesome.

We can finally give TC a rest.

Looking at the defensive effort of particular players I think our second unit could look like this:

too many cooks in the kitchen now, speaking of cooking maybe this is the beginning of the end for renaissance man

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Looking at the defensive effort of particular players I think our second unit could look like this:

Heres hoping our offense doesn't look like that instead!

Veteran

Iman's defense will be welcomed 4sure. Hopefully Harrelson will be playing paint ball and banging the boards...I really don't like how the coach is using this big body. I'm not sure if his shooting hand was hurt or not, regardless of that.... he is too brawlic to be used as a finesse player. His talents are obviously suited around the paint. He's good for some boards, some put backs, some banging, some interior D...and the occasional short jumper. Pretending to be a sharpshooter will only hamper the team and possibly his carrear.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Iman's defense will be welcomed 4sure. Hopefully Harrelson will be playing paint ball and banging the boards...I really don't like how the coach is using this big body. I'm not sure if his shooting hand was hurt or not, regardless of that.... he is too brawlic to be used as a finesse player. His talents are obviously suited around the paint. He's good for some boards, some put backs, some banging, some interior D...and the occasional short jumper. Pretending to be a sharpshooter will only hamper the team and possibly his carrear.
    Its a shame that you dont see the value of a 3pt shooting big man. I personally dont see jorts as an 'andrew bynum' prototype, but more of a memet okur type player. Just because he shoots 3's doesn't make him a finesse player. Actually, hitting the 3ball and taking a big man out of the paint can be what his career is built on. Our 3pt lineup is rediculous

lin
    smith
    novak
    melo
    jorts

Veteran

I see what you're saying, but I don't see it as his strength. chucking some up every now and then, yeah, maybe. I just hope to god that coach doesn't use him like we use Novack.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I see what you're saying, but I don't see it as his strength. chucking some up every now and then, yeah, maybe. I just hope to god that coach doesn't use him like we use Novack.
    I feel u. But i can see jorts developing into a kevin love type player. Statistically Jorts is the second best 3pt shooter on our team behind novak who is shooting at a ridiculous 46% from deep (melo shooting 39% now). Jorts shoots at a nice 35% from deep.

With a big shooter, Amare has all the space in the world to take his man off the dribble and to not find the other teams pf doubling because we have jefferies on the wing.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Toons
    I feel u. But i can see jorts developing into a kevin love type player. Statistically Jorts is the second best 3pt shooter on our team behind novak who is shooting at a ridiculous 46% from deep (melo shooting 39% now). Jorts shoots at a nice 35% from deep.

With a big shooter, Amare has all the space in the world to take his man off the dribble and to not find the other teams pf doubling because we have jefferies on the wing.
    True, but one of the last things we need is for STAT to be trying to take someone off the dribble, his handle is broken. lol

Speaking of broken...if Jorts can continue to produce in this fashion you'll here little complaints from me on the matter. Never fix something that isn't broken. We'll see what he has, hopefully that wrist is healed, if not...his servics can be used elsewhere in the rotation.

the grind of the second half, history of already getting injured often and reckless decisions I think Chumpert will go on injured list again at least one more time. harrelson i can see as being another douglas/jordan. theres just not enough playing time for him.

Its time to set up a permanent bench seat for Amarknee...Lets be honest fellas, Stats at risk of suffering a career ending knee injury everytime he steps on the court. Its time for him to join Rasheed Wallace, Vin Baker, shawn kemp and other 6'10 and up junkies that failed to reach their potentials.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Its time for him to join Rasheed Wallace, Vin Baker, shawn kemp and other 6'10 and up junkies that failed to reach their potentials.
    break news Statosphere to play rest of the season without goggles, exclusive first pic