Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melo takes shots at Dantoni

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    It wasn't about the team not getting up to play the HEAT. They were playing hard but Lin wasn't prepared for the firestorm he recieved on defense. That threw everything off and Antoni clearly didn't have enough trust in Davis.
    I'm going to have to, respectfully disagree with you, the way the HEAT players came out, was like they had something to prove, LIN looked scared, STAT looked dead, and melo's energy level didn't match that, of any of the HEATS,"big 3".Now if Melo, would have said we didn't make any in game adjustments, i would have agreed, but to say we weren't prepaird, IMO, is a shot at the coach.I watched the game, and even if antoni, had made in game adjustments, the players, for whatever reason, look like they(the players) weren't ready to play.

Default Really?

The media is vreating tons of drama against melo.

Last week, they asked him if he "WANTS" the last shot, and He said YES, I want to take the last shot. Unlike Lebron. He didn't say he would take every last shot, he just said he wants to, like any NBA shooter/scorer should. Heck Every player in the NBA are the top stars from their college programs, and every single guy should WANT to take the last shot, doesn't mean they won't pass the ball or are selfish.

Then when he say, the Miami Heat came prepared, they came ready to play. that is what NY needs. It's just Miami is playing like a champion. they are playing like a team. Every play is 100% no lazy plays. Thats how he wants the Knicks to play. Thats how every team should play. We are lucky he see's it. Hopefully the Knicks realize it and get on board with melo.

Veteran

our 17-18 performance showed we dont pratice.
    The new addition of Lin, JR, and Davis having no practice made the team look a
    helluva lot better than what we been looking like.
    Headdcoach Byron Scott Cavs have 5 consecutive wins over Dantoni's offense....
    should we practice for the Cavs?

Dantoni's type of coaching has seperated "Stat & Melo" more than bring the two
    super-stars together to co-exist (look at all the trade-Stat threads).

Im sure the All-Star players had plenty jokes about the N.Y. Stat & Melo show vs the
    Lin-Sanity show. Melo had no other choice but to praise the next All-Star the way Melo
    been playing....scoring is one thing but defense decides the game. Remember....
    Danton's offense with Stat/Melo/JR/and Davis could not score 90+ points -vs- Heat.
    88 -102

The Knicks have to much talent to be a 17-18 record team....and 7 of those wins
    go to Lin-Sanity our 2 week mvp. The Heat was able to lock-down Lin because
    Lin got no help from his teammate SG & fowards....The Heats Headcoach Spoe
    runs a 10+ man rotation having two superstars that gets the best talent out of
    their 8 teammates.

The cHeat are lightyears ahead of the Knicks in regard to who knows who is doing what.

Too early for anyone to aim blame.

It's not like Melo is unaccountable for some things himself, and D'Antoni no doubt could fire some shots of his own.

Needless to say, Melo has clearly attempted to change his game for Mike, and Mike needs to reciprocate some.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    The cHeat are lightyears ahead of the Knicks in regard to who knows who is doing what.

Too early for anyone to aim blame.

It's not like Melo is unaccountable for some things himself, and D'Antoni no doubt could fire some shots of his own.

Needless to say, Melo has clearly attempted to change his game for Mike, and Mike needs to reciprocate some.

The NBA has a long list of phoney headcoaches in its history, Dantoni is one of them.
    In the 1980-90's the media made such a big scandal over players getting headcoaches
    fired, so today players have to watch what they say reguarding their headcoach....
    we seen it with Larry Brown in Indiana, in Philly, in Detroit, and on the Knicks,
    players wanted to complain about Larry Brown attitude, plus always pointing the
    finger at players after a loss to the media.

Dantoni is looking for veteran players to do 95% of his job....everyone forgot that
    Shawn Marion was the leader/orchestrator of the Phoenix Suns when Mike Dantoni
    was the assistant coach of Denver....Dantoni spent a year in Italy after being FIRED
    from Denver.

To give Dantoni all the credit for Steve Nash or Jeremy Lin creativity in an open-court
    is INSANE...

Any one else throw a fit today when we were on an 11-1 run and D'Antoni called a timeout and basically pulled out everyone who was hot? Everytime I think D'Antoni is doing a better job he goes and pulls one of those crappy calls.

I honestly think we're just getting by on talent right now and not coaching. Our guys are still basically playing pick & roll streetball and that doesn't work against good young defenses like the Heat's. Give our Knicks a good coach and we'd play on the same level as the Bulls/Heat. I can never see us doing crap in the finals with MDA as coach. Sad but true.

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Exactly... D antoni needs to be more vocal, inspirational and on their asses
    You mean Instead of just clapping and repeatedly saying Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go

Originally Posted by insanity4289
    You mean Instead of just clapping and repeatedly saying Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go

I'm not sure whether MElo is the kind of guy a coach can get vocal and loud with.

His ego is so big, he'd regard every type of expresive criticism as a personal attack on him I think and that means busted team chemistry, a side-show and probably the end of our title hopes.

Remember the shots he took against George Carl after leaving Denver? I'm sure Carl is not a saint himself, but Melo can be a troublemaker once you get into his face.

I think D'Antoni is doing the right thing for the sake of the team by keeping quiet towards Melo and Stat. The last thing we need is a poisened locker-room atmosphere.

I could be wrong, but judging by everything I've read, heard and seen regarding Melo I think he just isn't the type of guy who reacts very well to criticism, especially expressive criticism by a white coach.