Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyson Chandler playing through...

People are just voicing their opinions and frustrations with a dude making $19M who combined for 48 points and 26 rebounds in his last 4 games.

That's 12 points and 6.5 rebounds, @ 6'11'' and $19M.

Sorry, but **** that.

Not a single solitary reason for a dude making that much, with the kind of clout, notoriety, and expectations that are attached to that salary, to average 12 points in any 4 game stretch. Throw on top of that, the fact that something has been "off" with his game all season, even before the tragedy in his family, and I say "WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN MINUTE *****, you ain't pulling that wool over my eyes."

Dirk was averaging 17 and 6 when he was out of shape and "not into it" or whatever, before he took his 4 game hiatus.

STAT gets a pass for what reason?

Like Stephen A says (and I hate quoting talking heads) "I believe my eyes, I'm not gonna say my eyes are lying to me. John Wooden can descend from the heavens and try to educate me on the game, NO. SORRY!!, I'll believe what my eyes are telling me."

And my eyes tell me that if this is year two of a 5 year, uninsured, $100M contract.....

Look guys:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There's 4 threads on the front page alone which are all bashing STAT.

This thread is about Tyson Chandler yet 14 out of 16 posts in here are all about STAT not even related to Tyson.

Seriously bash STAT all you want but we don't need legit threads about other topics descending into this.

Ya def you guys have a reason to say stuff about STAT and his poor first half.. but some guys are just OD'ing on it saying trade him, he is a piece of ****, lier, etc all that like cmon son STAT is my dude idc he is really why we have the team we have now... by going to a broken franchise and bringing back hope... plus i believe in STAT that his 2nd half will be totally different...

Well u gotta admit fellas this was a good setup:

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Dam Tyson is a true warrior... I respect the guy so much... people want Dwight Howard in NY but Dwight will never have the heart like Tyson and the warrior in Tyson... my dude Tyson
    But instead of complaining about the problem, Im gonna just try to change the subject.

Chandler is a true warrior, I can see why his favorite movie is Gladiator. Theres people that like that movie and then theres people that have the heart of a lion, who can connect with that movie on a whole nother level. I wasnt sure if giving up Billups was the best idea but Chandlers been great, hes given us the inside presence that we've needed for years. Again, hes a warrior in the truest form and theres several players on the Knicks that should be taking notes from Mike Tyson Chandler

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Ya def you guys have a reason to say stuff about STAT and his poor first half.. but some guys are just OD'ing on it saying trade him, he is a piece of ****, lier, etc all that like cmon son STAT is my dude idc he is really why we have the team we have now... by going to a broken franchise and bringing back hope... plus i believe in STAT that his 2nd half will be totally different...
    Word, like I said before there's a difference between being critical of a player which STAT def deserves for the ways he's played. But some of the ppl on here are going way overboard acting like he's Luke Walton with a max contract or something. I still think he'll turn it around by the playoffs.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Word, like I said before there's a difference between being critical of a player which STAT def deserves for the ways he's played. But some of the ppl on here are going way overboard acting like he's Luke Walton with a max contract or something. I still think he'll turn it around by the playoffs.
    Yeah so do I... he has lost 10 pounds already he has went from 260 to 250 now and his goal is to be 245... he will come back and we will see a different Knicks team this 2nd half of the season i gurantee you

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

said it before and ill say it again. he's made us a top 10 defensive team in the league (good enough to keep us in contention for a chip), shot an insane percentage from the floor, all while being a verbal floor leader and tone setter. best pickup of the offseason and the perfect move for the franchise. shouldve been an allstar imo the biggest snub.

Hopefully Jorts, also with a wrist injury, can afford Chandler some well earned rest on his return.

Jorts tends to run out of steam very quickly, however, and we'll see how his return after a long hiatus can deal with any exertion on the floor.

Can he be the back up center we so desperately need?

Will he still be hanging on the 3 line?

Will Amar'e play better with Jorts situated spacing?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Hopefully Jorts, also with a wrist injury, can afford Chandler some well earned rest on his return.

Jorts tends to run out of steam very quickly, however, and we'll see how his return after a long hiatus can deal with any exertion on the floor.

Can he be the back up center we so desperately need?

Will he still be hanging on the 3 line?

Will Amar'e play better with Jorts situated spacing?
    I think Jordan also needs some consistent spot minutes. There's no reason to bury him on the bench, other than systematic preferences and tendencies, but even Ian Mahinmi, got some consistent mins down the stretch last year, and about 10+ mins a game this year.

There's no reason we should have had to wait for the return of a 6'10'', undersized, center to spell Tyson -- when we have 7'1'', 245lbs, of Jamaican chilling on the bench in front of Herb Williams.