View Poll Results: Amare + second half the season equals?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amare will explode second half of the season

16 66.67%
  • Amare is full of crap, well see what we been seeing

8 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare PROMISING to play like old self. Edit: Let your Amar'e frustration out here

Exclamation Amare PROMISING to play like old self.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Anyone believing this stuff, or is it more stuff the fans want to hear that Amare is saying.

first he's talking about sacrifices, now he promises to play like his old self

in the second article he stated

"it's definitely a rhythm thing, so now i feel great"

Does it really take until after the All-star weekend for you to get back in rhythm.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 28, 2012 at 20:31. Reason: excuse thread title

We'll see starting tomorrow.

Originally Posted by knickscity
    We'll see starting tomorrow.
    tomorrow to little of time, we had i think 1 practice how about sunday when it's time to play Boston, that our next game after cleveland

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

he'll be fine this second half everything comes together. ive been patient and thats what its about with this team. were on the cusp. Stat has started to show some live getting that pep back and shooting better from the field. so he's getting more confortable. all in time.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    tomorrow to little of time, we had i think 1 practice how about sunday when it's time to play Boston, that our next game after cleveland
    If he feels great and believes he can just turn it on when the games mean more, why not tomorrow?

His struggles aren't from a lack of practice.

He's just saying what he thinks everyone wants to hear. What's drastically changed between when he was chillin on the beach and today? I'm actually offended by his comment as a true Knicks fan. You would have never heard some of the old Knicks say that. Play hard out the gate man. Why wait till now to play like your "old self"?? That's wack.

Sorry but I call bull****.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

Anyone believing this stuff, or is it more stuff the fans want to hear that Amare is saying.

first he's talking about sacrifices, now he promises to play like his old self

in the second article he stated

"it's definitely a rhythm thing, so now i feel great"

Does it really take until after the All-star weekend for you to get back in rhythm.
    When you're a pick and roll player who plays without a point guard who has to endure the death of your older brother?

Yeah, I could see it taking him some time. He needed a break.

I think he'll get better but not back to his 'old self". The guy is getting outplayed by Josh Harrelson and Jared Jeffries. If it wasn't for his name he'd be coming off the bench.

How far we go will be determined by how JR Smith plays, if Jared can keep up the amazing D, if Tyson can continue to carry us on D, If Lin can keep playing well, and how quickly Melo can get back to being Melo.

I expect nothing from Amare because this season I've seen nothing from Amare.

blah, blah, blah.

Maybe hes trying to lose some weight with all the calories he is burning by yapping it up.

I am going to scream next time you barrol into the defense like jared jeffries. Atleast jeffries gets a shot off even though it doesnt hit the basket. Amare, you get your ass BLOCKED......but hell, as long as you get your one highlight dunk of the night, its all good......i guess.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    I think he'll get better but not back to his 'old self". The guy is getting outplayed by Josh Harrelson and Jared Jeffries. If it wasn't for his name he'd be coming off the bench.

How far we go will be determined by how JR Smith plays, if Jared can keep up the amazing D, if Tyson can continue to carry us on D, If Lin can keep playing well, and how quickly Melo can get back to being Melo.

I expect nothing from Amare because this season I've seen nothing from Amare.
    so melo's allowed time to get back to his old self but amare isnt?

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    so melo's allowed time to get back to his old self but amare isnt?
    Amar'e hasn't claimed he's injured.

Originally Posted by knickscity
    Amar'e hasn't claimed he's injured.
    doesnt make sense but okay

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    doesnt make sense but okay
    What doesn't makes sense?

Amare jumper is off, he isn't playing weakside defense anymore, and his shots in the paint are regularly getting blocked, yet he says he feels fine.

We know Melo has been injured, although I'm not letting him off the hook totally either.

Personally I can't see how anyone can feel good about their star player admitting he hasn't been giving his all.

He's been talking all season. Defense, I feel like a beast, buying in [so sick of that overused term].

Thus far, we've seen it only fleetingly.

No one respects those that say one thing and do another, or leave promises unfulfilled. If he hadn't done so before, he's made his bed now.

Like I have been saying, Amare is a hard worker (we should know that from last season) and he knows what it takes to play in NY (also something we should have learned last year) so there really should not be too much concern about his poor play, especially during a lockout season where he was hurt much of the off season!

Players with skill and work ethic just don't lose it without a major setback from an injury

check my equation for success in sports and in particular The NBA

High Skill and poor work ethic and attitude=Kwame Brown Eddy Curry Isiah Rider

Low Skill and lots Great Work Ethic and attitude= Jerome Williams Malik Rose Bruce Bowen

High Skill and High work ethic: Perinial All Stars!!!

Where has Stat proven to be over the course of his time in The NBA?

That's the problem with us as fans, when players slump we are ready to ship them out for next to nothing!

I beleive it is just a timing thing, a player of his magnitude does not just forget how to play, especially on the offensive end!