View Poll Results: Amare + second half the season equals?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amare will explode second half of the season

16 66.67%
  • Amare is full of crap, well see what we been seeing

8 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare PROMISING to play like old self. Edit: Let your Amar'e frustration out here

Originally Posted by New New York
    Like I have been saying, Amare is a hard worker (we should know that from last season) and he knows what it takes to play in NY (also something we should have learned last year) so there really should not be too much concern about his poor play, especially during a lockout season where he was hurt much of the off season!

Players with skill and work ethic just don't lose it without a major setback from an injury

check my equation for success in sports and in particular The NBA

High Skill and poor work ethic and attitude=Kwame Brown Eddy Curry Isiah Rider

Low Skill and lots Great Work Ethic and attitude= Jerome Williams Malik Rose Bruce Bowen

High Skill and High work ethic: Perinial All Stars!!!

Where has Stat proven to be over the course of his time in The NBA?

That's the problem with us as fans, when players slump we are ready to ship them out for next to nothing!

I beleive it is just a timing thing, a player of his magnitude does not just forget how to play, especially on the offensive end!
    His jumpers missing and getting blocked under the goal are due to timing?

The point is that he is saying he feels totally fine, has been sacrificing, and now can basically turn it up like he always have.

I'd rather be wrong on this, as afan, but there no indication that he can just turn it up like that.

When he did it in the past he still had solid numbers and efficiency in the first halves of the season.

Thumbs down

Talk is cheap wuss. Start playing defense, dunking the ball, and rebounding, then we'll believe your washed up ass.

Originally Posted by knickscity
    His jumpers missing and getting blocked under the goal are due to timing?

The point is that he is saying he feels totally fine, has been sacrificing, and now can basically turn it up like he always have.

I'd rather be wrong on this, as afan, but there no indication that he can just turn it up like that.

When he did it in the past he still had solid numbers and efficiency in the first halves of the season.
    Well if you have played basketball you know all of those things are a direct result of poor timing

Clyde says it all the time "shooting is about rhythm" and Amare is clearly thinking before and aiming he shoots.

If he was carrying more weight than usual it does explain poor play around the rim which would lead to more shots being blocked

When the game comes naturally for you, you make plays in stride, there has literally been a pause before everythign he does...again that is a sign of bad timing

As for if there is any indication he could just turn it on.....I for one did not believe him when he stood outside of MSG and proclaimed The Knicks were back, yet he proved to be a man of his word with that, so I believe him now

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well if you have played basketball you know all of those things are a direct result of poor timing

Clyde says it all the time "shooting is about rhythm" and Amare is clearly thinking before and aiming he shoots.

If he was carrying more weight than usual it does explain poor play around the rim which would lead to more shots being blocked

When the game comes naturally for you, you make plays in stride, there has literally been a pause before everythign he does...again that is a sign of bad timing

As for if there is any indication he could just turn it on.....I for one did not believe him when he stood outside of MSG and proclaimed The Knicks were back, yet he proved to be a man of his word with that, so I believe him now
    He's not in basketball shape, he added useless weight, and hadn't played the sport in 6 months.

If what he says is true i give him a pass but its still up to him to shoot jumpers everyday he didn't have to play basketball all the time but at least but some shots up to stay fresh.

let me state some facts real quick:

1)like BD, Amare did not play basketball in 6 months(yes BD was 9 close enough) before playing this season with the exception of 1 game.
    2) YES he had the whole first half of the season to get his **** together, but with all the roster changes him playing power foward for only the 3rd time in his whole career playing without a point guard for 75 percent (even more) of the first half is alot to get accustomed to.
    3)He gained 20 pounds of muscle during the off season, as a person who constantly gains and looses muscle, it does affect what you are use to doing.
    his jumpshot for example he has gotten stronger and doesnt have the soft touch anymore(why all his shots are often to strong).
    4)we are not the miami heat or any other team for that matter, we will not gel as quickly as any other team has with all the roster changes we have made in the past year, with the emergence of Lin, its going to be a bumpy ride.

all the hate is understandable but everyone needs to relax pop a Xanax or something cause all of your expectations are ridiculous. Even when stat becomes the player he was he will still probably be averaging close to what he is now with a higher FG%. i am finished.

“Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.”
    John 20:24

I still believe STAT can still turn things around this season. He's shown flashes of his "old self" for the past few weeks or so, and the few extra days of practice can only help build chemistry with Melo (I still can't believe they're not running plays consistently between these two), Baron, and Lin.

But
    , he's got to stop running his trap. What I want him to do is prove that he's still got game through his play. He's been doing all the talk, and yet he isn't backing them up.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    let me state some facts real quick:

1)like BD, Amare did not play basketball in 6 months(yes BD was 9 close enough) before playing this season with the exception of 1 game.
    2) YES he had the whole first half of the season to get his **** together, but with all the roster changes him playing power foward for only the 3rd time in his whole career playing without a point guard for 75 percent (even more) of the first half is alot to get accustomed to.
    3)He gained 20 pounds of muscle during the off season, as a person who constantly gains and looses muscle, it does affect what you are use to doing.
    his jumpshot for example he has gotten stronger and doesnt have the soft touch anymore(why all his shots are often to strong).

4)we are not the miami heat or any other team for that matter, we will not gel as quickly as any other team has with all the roster changes we have made in the past year, with the emergence of Lin, its going to be a bumpy ride.

all the hate is understandable but everyone needs to relax pop a Xanax or something cause all of your expectations are ridiculous. Even when stat becomes the player he was he will still probably be averaging close to what he is now with a higher FG%. i am finished.
    That's why iv'e been saying he'll come around, and that's why i know a lot of people in here never played the game.Lifting weight effects your jumper, a lot.

if he went back to what he did last season, clean shaven and clear goggles that is making a statement maybe you could believe him. he come out tonight still looking like this

and playing with his mouthpiece sagging out like a pair of post-menopause breasts, then hes as full as air as some of the balls hes been sailing over the rim.

with what he said.. being 6 months without playin..longest he ever had.. i can understand him... on top of that , his confidence and his brother loss must weight him down alot... i know how it feels to play after a long time... if ANY OF YOU MOFOS GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND PLAY CONSISTENTLYEVERYDAY AND STOP AND COME BACK AFTER 6MONTHS you would know how it feels! give the guy one more chance

Originally Posted by Number3
    with what he said.. being 6 months without playin..longest he ever had.. i can understand him... on top of that , his confidence and his brother loss must weight him down alot... i know how it feels to play after a long time... if ANY OF YOU MOFOS GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND PLAY CONSISTENTLYEVERYDAY AND STOP AND COME BACK AFTER 6MONTHS you would know how it feels! give the guy one more chance
    Wow you're defending him like crazy... Sounds like a man crush. LOL Too bad that crush is on a guy that cares more about his daily lunch menu, designer clothes and what new books are coming out than he does practicing and playing good ball. His brother dying made that motivation EVEN worse. Trade this slug now, he's DONE in my book.

Am I the only one thinking

What does not playing Basketball for 6 months have to do with playing defense and rebounding?

I would be happy with 10-12 points a night from Amare if he gave as much effort on defense and rebounding as Chandler does.

Veteran

Originally Posted by insanity4289
    Am I the only one thinking

What does not playing Basketball for 6 months have to do with playing defense and rebounding?

I would be happy with 10-12 points a night from Amare if he gave as much effort on defense and rebounding as Chandler does.
    Or maybe he should have played basketball for those 6 months ?
    Instead of his fashion lines and photo shoots.

Veteran

Does anyone think the Knicks are actively trying to trade Amare ?