Amare PROMISING to play like old self. Edit: Let your Amar'e frustration out here

Amare + second half the season equals?

• Amare will explode second half of the season

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Amare is full of crap, well see what we been seeing

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
let me state some facts real quick:

1)like BD, Amare did not play basketball in 6 months(yes BD was 9 close enough) before playing this season with the exception of 1 game.
2) YES he had the whole first half of the season to get his shit together, but with all the roster changes him playing power foward for only the 3rd time in his whole career playing without a point guard for 75 percent (even more) of the first half is alot to get accustomed to.
3)He gained 20 pounds of muscle during the off season, as a person who constantly gains and looses muscle, it does affect what you are use to doing.
his jumpshot for example he has gotten stronger and doesnt have the soft touch anymore(why all his shots are often to strong).
4)we are not the miami heat or any other team for that matter, we will not gel as quickly as any other team has with all the roster changes we have made in the past year, with the emergence of Lin, its going to be a bumpy ride.

all the hate is understandable but everyone needs to relax pop a Xanax or something cause all of your expectations are ridiculous. Even when stat becomes the player he was he will still probably be averaging close to what he is now with a higher FG%. i am finished.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
“Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.”
John 20:24

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I still believe STAT can still turn things around this season. He's shown flashes of his "old self" for the past few weeks or so, and the few extra days of practice can only help build chemistry with Melo (I still can't believe they're not running plays consistently between these two), Baron, and Lin.

But
, he's got to stop running his trap. What I want him to do is prove that he's still got game through his play. He's been doing all the talk, and yet he isn't backing them up.

fender0577

Rotation player
let me state some facts real quick:

1)like BD, Amare did not play basketball in 6 months(yes BD was 9 close enough) before playing this season with the exception of 1 game.
2) YES he had the whole first half of the season to get his shit together, but with all the roster changes him playing power foward for only the 3rd time in his whole career playing without a point guard for 75 percent (even more) of the first half is alot to get accustomed to.
3)He gained 20 pounds of muscle during the off season, as a person who constantly gains and looses muscle, it does affect what you are use to doing.
his jumpshot for example he has gotten stronger and doesnt have the soft touch anymore(why all his shots are often to strong).

4)we are not the miami heat or any other team for that matter, we will not gel as quickly as any other team has with all the roster changes we have made in the past year, with the emergence of Lin, its going to be a bumpy ride.

all the hate is understandable but everyone needs to relax pop a Xanax or something cause all of your expectations are ridiculous. Even when stat becomes the player he was he will still probably be averaging close to what he is now with a higher FG%. i am finished.
:agreed:That's why iv'e been saying he'll come around, and that's why i know a lot of people in here never played the game.Lifting weight effects your jumper, a lot.:peace:

quiggle

Starter
if he went back to what he did last season, clean shaven and clear goggles that is making a statement maybe you could believe him. he come out tonight still looking like this

moss+man.JPG

and playing with his mouthpiece sagging out like a pair of post-menopause breasts, then hes as full as air as some of the balls hes been sailing over the rim.

Number3

Benchwarmer
with what he said.. being 6 months without playin..longest he ever had.. i can understand him... on top of that , his confidence and his brother loss must weight him down alot... i know how it feels to play after a long time... if ANY OF YOU MOFOS GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND PLAY CONSISTENTLYEVERYDAY AND STOP AND COME BACK AFTER 6MONTHS you would know how it feels! give the guy one more chance

KingofNy

Starter
with what he said.. being 6 months without playin..longest he ever had.. i can understand him... on top of that , his confidence and his brother loss must weight him down alot... i know how it feels to play after a long time... if ANY OF YOU MOFOS GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP AND PLAY CONSISTENTLYEVERYDAY AND STOP AND COME BACK AFTER 6MONTHS you would know how it feels! give the guy one more chance

Wow you're defending him like crazy... Sounds like a man crush. LOL Too bad that crush is on a guy that cares more about his daily lunch menu, designer clothes and what new books are coming out than he does practicing and playing good ball. His brother dying made that motivation EVEN worse. Trade this slug now, he's DONE in my book.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Am I the only one thinking

What does not playing Basketball for 6 months have to do with playing defense and rebounding?

I would be happy with 10-12 points a night from Amare if he gave as much effort on defense and rebounding as Chandler does.

skisloper

Starter
Am I the only one thinking

What does not playing Basketball for 6 months have to do with playing defense and rebounding?

I would be happy with 10-12 points a night from Amare if he gave as much effort on defense and rebounding as Chandler does.

Or maybe he should have played basketball for those 6 months ?
Instead of his fashion lines and photo shoots.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont know if its just me but Baron Davis looks like hes more in rhythm then Atari...and Davis is a few years older. Amare went 6 months without basketball, Baron went 9

Looks like the Stat defenders (They show more defense on here then Stat does on the court) are gonna have to come up with some more bullsh*t excuses. Keep defending your hero, this chump is done. His brains shot

nyk_nyk

All Star
So much excuses for STAT in here. He's the one who kept pushing back his mini training camp. He's the one who elected to work on his own in FL once the lockout was lifted.

It's been nearly 3 months into the season and he's played in over 30 games. How much time do you really need? Just because you don't play for 6 months doesn't mean you forget how to play the game. Doesn't affect rebounding and defense either. What the extreme STAT supporters are forgetting to mention is his effort period. I don't care if he doesn't score 20 pts BUT I do care if he's only getting 5 rbs and not contesting every shot. He looks lost out there and that has nothing to do with not playing basketball during the off-season.

IF his jumpshot is too strong right now then adjust your shot OR here's a bright idea... keep your ass closer to the basket and score in the paint. Players adjust their shot all the time on the FT line.

There's really no excuse for STAT, the same way there was no excuse for Melo's poor shooting BUT at least Melo is staying aggressive and remains a threat on offense. I just don't like Amare's body language. He's damn near invisible at times.