Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The crash..

Originally Posted by quiggle
    I just got another one of those pop ups if you can please check on the files thanks rady

On the site or on the forum?

Thank God everything is ok. I thought something happened to the U.S. stockmarket again.

Just got a notification from Ad-Aware scanning malicious files while reading your post about that. Maybe that's why it all of a sudden started running last night (don't know why Norton isn't taking care of it). Don't know if it's because of a virus here.

Angry

yo Rady!

Someone Has Infiltrated Your Site. It's Corupted And Compromised.

Get Some F*cking Nerd(s) On The Case Before We All Have To Delete Our Accounts!

Please.

Thanks.

I'm carefully checking every file that has been modified on feb 29th and i think i restored all the corrupted files (with the exception of the mobile theme that still needs to be cleaned). Are you guys still getting notifications? Let me know the exact page you are on when it happens, what theme are you using, what's the browser you're on and what antivirus you're running.

LE: mobile theme has been restored as well. At this moment, i don't believe there are any other harmful files on the forum! Take screenshots if you still have problems, please.
    Last edited by rady; Mar 02, 2012 at 12:49.

it seems to be okay now, havent had any problems today, thanks everyone for looking into this

I just got one again now opening one of the threads.

Still happening bro!

Can websites inject viruses into your computer without you downloading stuff? I don't have an antivirus

quiggle, thanks! think i found it! let me see if i can figure out a way of fixing it!

LE: actually, that wasn't a virus. Can you attach a screenshot?

Originally Posted by smokes
    Can websites inject viruses into your computer without you downloading stuff? I don't have an antivirus
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Avast is free and works well enough to keep your system clean. If you can't spend much $$$ on your software there is always plenty of legal, free and good working stuff. And answering your question, unfortunately, yes they can.

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes
    Dude, get a antivirus.

Did some homework it seems that the infection hasn't been totally removed yet, you might wanna read this if you're using a combination of MAC/Linux + Chrome:

The attack, however, is limited by the fact that it won’t work in some web browsers. Modern versions of Internet Explorer do not decode most Base64 and while Google Chrome will, it will not execute the 302 redirect from TinyURL. Google Chrome will decode the base64 and will execute the resulting JavaScript, thus simply hiding the data URL information behind “Click Here” or similar innocuous text would likely be successful. Many of the web browser options for the Android platform will also not execute the script. As a result, while this type of attack may not work in purely Microsoft/Internet Explorer environments, it will be effective against Linux, Mac OS X, iPhones, iPads, some Android-based phones/tablets making, it an effective threat against most corporate environments.

I've contacted the hosting company and asked them to run some tests as i have absolutely no idea how to fix this, and i will get back with updates.

BTW: i tried WinXP and Win7 with both Chrome and Firefox. It didn't seem to affect neither the pc nor the notebook. The problem must be with the MAC users..

Originally Posted by rady
    Did some homework it seems that the infection hasn't been totally removed yet, you might wanna read this if you're using a combination of MAC/Linux + Chrome:

The attack, however, is limited by the fact that it won’t work in some web browsers. Modern versions of Internet Explorer do not decode most Base64 and while Google Chrome will, it will not execute the 302 redirect from TinyURL. Google Chrome will decode the base64 and will execute the resulting JavaScript, thus simply hiding the data URL information behind “Click Here” or similar innocuous text would likely be successful. Many of the web browser options for the Android platform will also not execute the script. As a result, while this type of attack may not work in purely Microsoft/Internet Explorer environments, it will be effective against Linux, Mac OS X, iPhones, iPads, some Android-based phones/tablets making, it an effective threat against most corporate environments.

I've contacted the hosting company and asked them to run some tests as i have absolutely no idea how to fix this, and i will get back with updates.

BTW: i tried WinXP and Win7 with both Chrome and Firefox. It didn't seem to affect neither the pc nor the notebook. The problem must be with the MAC users..

uh oh! neg rep for you Rady!

jk

The site is now OFFICIALLY cleaned and all you mac lovers can get back on your chrome browsers safe!