Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dream player

Default My Dream player

Deron Williams - might be the best pg (and that is including Rose, Westbrook and even CP3).

Is it possible for the Knicks to either sign DWill in the off-season (assuming he becomes a FA) or trade for him?

Stat and Lin for DWill and a mid-level unwanted contract?

It's impossible, because A: we can't offer DW enough $$$ if we sign him in the offseason, B: very unlikely Prokhorov trades his franchise player to a conference opponent that operates in the same market and C: we're not shopping.

D. Nobody wants STAT. E.Lin needs to develop as a Knick.

Why the heck would you trade Lin?

So let me get this straight you want to trade Lin & stat for a combo guard pg we have enough scoring power. -__-

Lin is 23 years old and has a chance to be something special. He's been great for us you dont trade talent like that away you develop it. like it or not Lin most likely will be our PG for years to come, and why shouldn't he be? he does everything we want Attacks the basket, makes plays, very humble, always praises his teammates, can score if necessary, sells tickets, amazing stamina and ontop of that he comes cheap!. Lin just needs to work on his handle and turnovers, the more he works the better he gets.

The only PG i would consider giving up Lin for is probably Derrick Rose or Cp3. Deron's nice but not at the expense of getting rid or LIN/AMARE. Dolan would veto this

Hell Lin brung Time warner & MSG to a contract agreement, that alone gives him the green light as a keeper lol.

I rather see Deron stay with the nets and they get Dwight. Let the Manhattan vs Brooklyn rivarly Begin next season, it would be fun to watch
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 03, 2012 at 14:43.

Some of these threads are just silly.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Williams is far from a combo guard.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Williams is far from a combo guard.
    Deron averaging about 21 and 8 for the season dudes a combo guard bro lol. im not going to say he's def not a PURE PG because he has shown he can be just that but, he's not hesitant to come up the court and pull the trigger or take over a game either. @ 6"3 200 something pounds he also has the ability to play the SG position. Unfortunately he's playing on the sucky nets where he's forced to strictly play the Point due to the nets suckyness.

In the past if you watched the Jazz, they had Watson/price on the floor at the same time with Deron at the shooting guard position coming off screens. He even admitted he liked the idea he didn't have to create for him self all the time and can get into a shooting rhythm.

He just $hitted on us and dropped 38, with no intention of passing the rock. (career high 8 three pointers lol)

combo guards running the point -- (pg/sg)

D.Rose
    Westbrook
    Tyreke Evans
    Lou Williams
    Jamal Crawford
    arguably - Deron williams
    Brandon Jennings
    Kyle irving
    Billups
    Shumpert
    kemba(sg trapped in pg body)
    Hinrich
    Barea
    Lin
    Nate robinson
    etc..

Pure pg's at the point
    Jason kidd
    Rondo
    Nash
    Rubio
    Andre miller
    Cp3
    Deron (arguably) falls here iv'e always seen him as a scorer. "some days he looks to pass other days he looks to score"

thats about it not many Pure pg's left in the NBA

Deron's one of them guys that if theirs "superstar competition on the floor im going to show off and dominate the ball tonight" same with Carmelo...that killer scoring instinct will always kick in at some point where your not looking to pass

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 03, 2012 at 16:16.

LOL! DWill is DEFINITELY NOT a combo guard. He's a point guard with a very accurate shot. CP3 averaged over 20 and 10 before, so is he a combo guard? So what he can score and even looks for his at times. He is a point guard.

It's not that I want to trade Lin, it's that I want DWill, and to get a player of that caliber I know it's far-fetched, and even silly. Just wanted some entertainment.

BTW, if DWill wants out, the Nets will have to sign and trade him if they want something in return. The Nets are not going to trade him before the deadline. This is all contingent on where DH12 ends up.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    LOL! DWill is DEFINITELY NOT a combo guard. He's a point guard with a very accurate shot. CP3 averaged over 20 and 10 before, so is he a combo guard? So what he can score and even looks for his at times. He is a point guard.

It's not that I want to trade Lin, it's that I want DWill, and to get a player of that caliber I know it's far-fetched, and even silly. Just wanted some entertainment.

BTW, if DWill wants out, the Nets will have to sign and trade him if they want something in return. The Nets are not going to trade him before the deadline. This is all contingent on where DH12 ends up.
    lol i dont think yall realize what a PURE POINT GUARD
    is Rondo, Jason kidd, Rubio and Nash (stockton) all have dominated games PASSING the ball and getting everybody involved. Deron, Westbrook, Rose and these other players have to Score and Carry their teams to victories. I only gave cp3 a pass because he looks for the Open man alot more than the other players

Im not saying just because you have the gift to score takes away from you being a Pure PG, But their are other players in the league that are TRUE PG's without scoring (which in my view makes them more of PURE PG's)

Last time i checked True point guards duty is to be a play maker and get your your team mates the ball at the right moments (not Dropping 20+) because you have to in order to get the W.

as iv'e listed before

Rubio
    Nash
    Rondo
    andre miller
    (stockton)
    kidd

ETC are the only TRUE Pass first PG'S LEFT

Look what rubio is doing for the wolves thats the definition of a true/pure PG

True Pg's never needed to score big numbers to bring home W's

This era of PG's guys like (rose) (westbrook) etc are considered PURE PG's to the media/fans.

Cp3/deron you can say are true PG's but they are more of a all around game type pg's where they can score and pass "maybe grab a few rebs" Neither one can dominate games on consistent basis without having to score a certain amount of points.

What happened to the John stocktons, Mark Jacksons, Terry porters, Mugsy bogues, Bob Cousy, Lenny wilkins ETC these are Pure PG's
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 03, 2012 at 18:14.

You do realize Tyson Chandler would have to be traded too right?

Edit: Forgot you included Amar'e. Still a horrible trade.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Mar 03, 2012 at 19:42.

Mikhail Prokhorov <-- Nets owner will commit suicide before making any trades with the Knicks

Rule #1 never trade to teams within your division

Rule #2 Never trade with Rivals

Lin is Dolans golden boy no way he allows a trade.

especially not with the nets.

I can see Orlando pulling some Random trade off wear they obtain a player Howard wants to convince him to stay

&

I can see Deron being traded to the Mavs (a team he said he wouldn't mind playing on)

&

I can see Dwight going ghost on the Magic in FA to go to the MAVS forming a big 3 of Dirk, Deron and Howard

Deron Williams - might be the best pg (and that is including Rose, Westbrook and even CP3).

Is it possible for the Knicks to either sign DWill in the off-season (assuming he becomes a FA) or trade for him?

Stat and Lin for DWill and a mid-level unwanted contract?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    lol i dont think yall realize what a PURE POINT GUARD
    is Rondo, Jason kidd, Rubio and Nash (stockton) all have dominated games PASSING the ball and getting everybody involved. Deron, Westbrook, Rose and these other players have to Score and Carry their teams to victories. I only gave cp3 a pass because he looks for the Open man alot more than the other players

Im not saying just because you have the gift to score takes away from you being a Pure PG, But their are other players in the league that are TRUE PG's without scoring (which in my view makes them more of PURE PG's)

Last time i checked True point guards duty is to be a play maker and get your your team mates the ball at the right moments (not Dropping 20+) because you have to in order to get the W.

as iv'e listed before

Rubio
    Nash
    Rondo
    andre miller
    (stockton)
    kidd

ETC are the only TRUE Pass first PG'S LEFT

Look what rubio is doing for the wolves thats the definition of a true/pure PG

True Pg's never needed to score big numbers to bring home W's

This era of PG's guys like (rose) (westbrook) etc are considered PURE PG's to the media/fans.

Cp3/deron you can say are true PG's but they are more of a all around game type pg's where they can score and pass "maybe grab a few rebs" Neither one can dominate games on consistent basis without having to score a certain amount of points.

What happened to the John stocktons, Mark Jacksons, Terry porters, Mugsy bogues, Bob Cousy, Lenny wilkins ETC these are Pure PG's
    As much as i hate to say this, Rondo is my favorite PG to watch, that dude is so underrated, Damn, that hurt.

D-Will is not a combo guard Rose and Westbrook are, D-Will is just scoring a lot because the Nets suck and he happens to be a good shooter.

If your talking about his size then yea he's physically more of a combo guard but he's a pure PG, Ive never even heard anyone call him a combo before.

Did some of you not watch him in Utah when they were good a few years ago he really wants to run a team and set everyone up.