Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@delat27: it isn't about scoring at all. It's about his effort (lack thereof) and efficiency. I think we all agree Amare averaging less points wouldn't be a problem. However, he needs to be visible while on the court, we want to see some understading of how our defense works and effort to grab boards, block shots. At this point Amare isn't even guarding or setting screens. He misses his explosiveness and the "star" factor. I'm far from claiming we should trade him. I know what he brought to this organization, but it's about time to put the "celebrity responsibilities" aside, to stop making excuses and stop bragging. He needs to find his game. We're paying him $20M/year not for posting pictures of what he's eating, but for playing at a certain level. I understand he's going through a tough year and I'm giving him time, but if nothing changed when the season is over I'd consider jumping on the "trade STAT" train.

skisloper

Starter
Amare cant play and we should trade him????wut a joke!!!r u guys even real knicks fans...he gave us what we have now!!!he did no one else he took the first step to make us contendors again...
he came here and risked it all to try to build a team...and a true player aint the one that scored 40 points a game that doesnt win rings a team wins games!!!and u saw that last year with miami and u seen it years before...
the knicks finally have a chance to win a ring and ur complaining that amare doesnt score 20 + a game...he doesnt need to!!!we got the deepest team in the nba, he doesnt score but others do...learn the game before talking about it...u could be the best player in the world but this aint a one guy sport!!!u need a team to win it all not just one great or even two...u need wut we have!!!!AND ITS ALL COMING TO PLACE YOU WILL SEE...I SMELL THE RING ALREADY!!!

he risked it all ???
We were the only team to offer him a 100 million dollar deal that a risk ?
with that said I am thrilled we signed Amare and what he has brought to the Knicks......That does not change the fact that at this time we can do better with the 20 million......If we cannot trade him then his role needs to be defined.....I guy just does not lose his talent.....
Most guys on this board have been there thru bad bad times....sorry if its clearer to some then others that for 20 million we can do better is possible ??????

20 MILLION!!!!!!!

iJoe

Rotation player
I still think it's crazy how reactionary fans are here... "Realists exposing idealists"? How about cynics arguing with optimists, that's all I see here.

Yeah I'm optimistic that STAT will return to good form because regardless of whether I would want it or not, there is no way he's gonna be traded. We are stuck with STAT so why not root for him to succeed instead of bitching and moaning in every thread about him?

Seriously, from the kinds of people who post about how much they wanna trade STAT I've also seen suggestions that we trade Lin, Fields, Melo, Tyson... Pretty much anyone is fair game for these people :lol:

Oh no Lin had one bad game trade him! Oh no he went 10pts 5 assists on 50% shooting in the first half but we're losing... TRADE HIM! Baron is playing well for the first time BENCH LIN!!! Fields didn't play well last night trade him immediately regardless of his great performances for the past months! Tyson is a great player and I love him and he basically upgraded our defense from last to top 10 alone but trade him for Dwight Howard because he like, wears a superman costume while dunking and shit!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Agree competely.... forums are kinda crazy with the fair-weather flip flopping fans. I hope they don't live their lives out like they act on these forums.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
i dont think its amares fault we offered him 100 mil. someone offers you 100 mil to do something your good at you dont say no. now with that said if for some reason your rusty and cant find a groove in what you are doing for an amount of time that doesnt mean you wont start to get back into the thing you were really good at. for instance ive played guitar for 7 years and stoped for the summer into november recently started playing again. my hands were not use to moving up and down the guitar anymore and it took some time for me to get it together.
NOW who says thats any different to what Amare is going through (dont be a smart ass). let him find his groove if we're winning let it be he's trying and for all of you who dont see that are in the state in which you believe in him failing so much that no matter what he does you will see him fail.(took 3 years psychology) now lets say you have faith in Mr. Stat your state of mind will be much different. SO FOR NOW let it be give it time. NO TRADES. this our knicks team. lets show some love.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
i dont think its amares fault we offered him 100 mil. someone offers you 100 mil to do something your good at you dont say no. now with that said if for some reason your rusty and cant find a groove in what you are doing for an amount of time that doesnt mean you wont start to get back into the thing you were really good at. for instance ive played guitar for 7 years and stoped for the summer into november recently started playing again. my hands were not use to moving up and down the guitar anymore and it took some time for me to get it together.
NOW who says thats any different to what Amare is going through (dont be a smart ass). let him find his groove if we're winning let it be he's trying and for all of you who dont see that are in the state in which you believe in him failing so much that no matter what he does you will see him fail.(took 3 years psychology) now lets say you have faith in Mr. Stat your state of mind will be much different. SO FOR NOW let it be give it time. NO TRADES. this our knicks team. lets show some love.
Are you on a 100 million dollar contract to play guitar?

delat27

Rookie
Always Teh Same Problem!!!

WE CAN DO BETTER WITH 20 MILLION???now that we done what we have right?
thats always how it works always want more for ur money!!!
but at this moment we r just great were we r...i would love to see u guys come back and play afyer wut has happened to him this year!!!!!the kncks have with wut is going on with the mthis season the real cinderela story...we have it all and u guys wanna ruin it cuz in ur opinion amare gets paid to much!!!lololololol...lucky for the real knick fans u dont own the knicks!!!owe and more thing we will all see soon a movie coming out about linsanity and these knicks!!!!about the role of each one of them on this team!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
but at this moment we r just great were we r...i would love to see u guys come back and play afyer wut has happened to him this year!!!!!the kncks have with wut is going on with the mthis season the real cinderela story...we have it all and u guys wanna ruin it cuz in ur opinion amare gets paid to much!!!lololololol...lucky for the real knick fans u dont own the knicks!!!owe and more thing we will all see soon a movie coming out about linsanity and these knicks!!!!about the role of each one of them on this team!!
So what happens if some of our players decide to play elsewhere because of Amar'e's contract and Amar'e is still playing the same?

Since Amar'e can't change his contract to take less he can at least buy Lin and the others penthouses and cars or whatever.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
608_stop-posting.gif

elcol

Rotation player
sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are just posting stuff to look cynical and different-minded. it is ABSURD to say that amar'e is past his prime after half of a season and that he will never return to his prime form.

honestly are starting to question if some of you can find the most ****ing outrageous thing to say and post it on this forum so other people think you're cool. take it easy, his brother just died and he knows how to (and is) regaining his explosiveness by losing the muscle he gained. the reality is that his defense is not up to par but his offense is definitely improving specifically his SHOT SELECTION.

delat27

Rookie
Finally!!!

sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are just posting stuff to look cynical and different-minded. it is ABSURD to say that amar'e is past his prime after half of a season and that he will never return to his prime form.

honestly are starting to question if some of you can find the most ****ing outrageous thing to say and post it on this forum so other people think you're cool. take it easy, his brother just died and he knows how to (and is) regaining his explosiveness by losing the muscle he gained. the reality is that his defense is not up to par but his offense is definitely improving specifically his SHOT SELECTION.

FINALLY SOME ONE THAT THINKS!!!!AGREE WITH U A 100%

metrocard

Legend

It isn't absurd.
Watch the games.
Amare isn't mobile.
Horrible at setting screens
Easy to block.
No defense.
Amare plays like he's afraid to get injured again. He's softer than Keith Van Horn at this point. The fact he's a poor teammate (doesn't pass well, set screens well, post defense, rotating) when he isn't scoring; he becomes a GHOST on the court. These are the facts, watch the game and you will see.

He was like this in Phoneix, this is nothing new. You shouldnt be upset if its new to you.

and to all these punks saying we're not Knick fans because we're not sucking Amare's limpdick can really cut that BS. I'm one of the most diehard Knicks fans you can find. I supported this team hard when Lavar Postell was our future, doesn't matter to me; I love this team. That goes for everyone who sees Amare's limitation, they're REAL Knick fans, as real as you or more real. So enough of that caca, okay?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It isn't absurd.
Watch the games.
Amare isn't mobile.
Easy to block.
No defense.
Amare plays like he's afraid to get injured again. He's softer than Keith Van Horn at this point. The fact he's a poor teammate (doesn't pass well, set screens well, post defense, rotating) when he isn't scoring; he becomes a GHOST on the court. These are the facts, watch the game and you will see.

He was like this in Phoneix, this is nothing new. You shouldnt be upset if its new to you.

and to all these punks saying we're not Knick fans because we're not sucking Amare's limpdick can really cut that BS. I'm one of the most diehard Knicks fans you can find. I supported this team hard when Lavar Postell was our future, doesn't matter to me; I love this team. That goes for everyone who sees Amare's limitation, they're REAL Knick fans, as real as you or more real. So enough of that caca, okay?
Excellent post.

Amar'e wasn't a true Sun, so what makes any of you think he's a true Knick? He's true to team money if you wanna go there. Don't tell us we're not true Knicks fans. Root for the name on the jersey first, not the name on the back.

elcol

Rotation player
It isn't absurd.
Watch the games.
Amare isn't mobile.
Easy to block.
No defense.

im not saying anybody isn't a knick fan, we are all big knick fans on this board..(expect quiggle..). I have been watching each game and I under stand how people see amare looking like trash out there, but I honestly believe that he is improving even though it is minimal, his shot selection, screens, ball movement and even signs of some real defensive effort are starting to shine through all of the negativity given to him

delat27

Rookie
Excellent post.

Amar'e wasn't a true Sun, so what makes any of you think he's a true Knick? He's true to team money if you wanna go there. Don't tell us we're not true Knicks fans. Root for the name on the jersey first, not the name on the back.

LOL...thats what im doin !!!ur rooting for our distruction!!!thats for sure...wut u suggest trade amare and start over again...think before u type!!!the knicks have it all right now...and when we become champs im gonna rub it in all ur faces!!!knicks never win championships cuz of people like u...always wanting something new if wut we have doesnt produce wut u want!!!a player in one team could score 40 and in another only score 10 and be a champ in that team...and there and great examples of that(kidd, garnett, etc...)only the true players that r willing to risk it all for the team r the true players...and thats amare and about any player on these knicks!!!

metrocard

Legend
We honestly don't need STAT...not to sound like a hater, but look at this team.

1 - Lin
2 - Smith
3 - Fields
4 - Anthony
5 - Chandler

4 out 1 in motion type offense. We'll move the ball...1-4 can all pass the ball well, Chandler can handle the middle and can get help on the boards from Melo and Fields.

Bench
Davis - passer
Shumpert - slasher SG/SF
Novak - sharpshooter SF/PF
Jefferies - intangibles PF/C

I like that team. alot.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
LOL...thats what im doin !!!ur rooting for our distruction!!!thats for sure...wut u suggest trade amare and start over again...think before u type!!!the knicks have it all right now...and when we become champs im gonna rub it in all ur faces!!!knicks never win championships cuz of people like u...always wanting something new if wut we have doesnt produce wut u want!!!a player in one team could score 40 and in another only score 10 and be a champ in that team...and there and great examples of that(kidd, garnett, etc...)only the true players that r willing to risk it all for the team r the true players...and thats amare and about any player on these knicks!!!
You're right. After Amar'e's game last night, he has shown me his risks it all for this team. The storm of air he took from his opponents going by him almost fogged his goggles, yet he kept playing.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Lol@ some of you blaming Stoudemires poor production on the court on his brother passing away (R.I.P Hazell). Unless you have not been watching the Knicks because your a time warner cable owner, and just didn't feel like streaming the games at the time being, you would know Amare has been playing like crap ever since the start of the season. His brothers death may be somewhat part of the reason but stat has been playing like this even before that.

ALL EXCUSES ARE DOWN THE DRAIN

- But wait we have no point guard stat needs a point guard

- But wait we had a short pre season & training camp

- But wait he added more weight

- But wait Carmelo is ball hogging

- But wait no ones passing stat the ball

- But wait take it easy on him his brother just passed away

- But wait he needs his old goggles

- But wait he's getting the ball to far from the basket

- But wait they need more chemistry

Seriously what's the next wave of excuses, before some of you realize he's not same player and lost his explosiveness. He has a great PG in Lin, and he's currently in his sweet spots. What will make you understand... how many more times does he have to get blocked, how many more missed defensive assignments, how many more failed rebounds. Even the Die hard Stat fans on this board understand Stat has Slowed down and is not the same player.

Even Dantoni sounds a bit concerned about Stat.

The Media's not asking Whats up with Stat?, What happened to stat? over a one bad game this is a continuing issue thats been going on for awhile now, anyone with EYES can see that

I disagree that he is a human pile of garbage, ill never see him as that the, man is classy and never makes excuses for himself.

I'll always cheer on stat and hope he get his bounce back, just for the simple fact we wouldn't be where we are today without him, but thats not stopping me nor should it stop anyone else from pointing out his flaws.

Cheering on a player when he's obviously playing like crap is like, a bad Coach cheering on his players when there playing like crap, instead of calling a timeout and Addressing the situation.

Last edited: