Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Those are timeless physical limitations. Amare's mobility has degressed greatly. Thats the argument here. You add that to his matador defense, inability to set quality screens or picks, poor at boxing out...you have a bum ass player. Thats all we're saying.

I recognize this. Just give the dude a little time. After all, he did make the Knicks relevant again.

As I said before...he gets no pass next year. He can only bury himself if he continues to play this way...hopefully he'll find his way...or it will be the highway.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I recognize this. Just give the dude a little time. After all, he did make the Knicks relevant again.

As I said before...he gets no pass next year. He can only bury himself if he continues to play this way...hopefully he'll find his way...or it will be the highway.
    Theirs no such thing as time for an aging power forward who relies on all of his athletic ability to score.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

Makes no sense....

Unless he's ailing from an athletically debilitating injury, what's time gonna do except make him slower?

He gets no pass next year? You mean when his cap hit is $19,948,799? What you're saying is...once he's a year older and has a larger impact on the cap, if he doesn't perform then, and continues to regress before everyone's eyes....THAT'S when you sit down and say "maybe we should explore our options here."

I see...

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Makes no sense....

Unless he's ailing from an athletically debilitating injury, what's time gonna do except make him slower?

He gets no pass next year? You mean when his cap hit is $19,948,799? What you're saying is...once he's a year older and has a larger impact on the cap, if he doesn't perform then, and continues to regress before everyone's eyes....THAT'S when you sit down and say "maybe we should explore our options here."

I see...
    Exactly, i couldnt put it in better words.

Veteran

I was one of the first dudes to say he's overrated for the pay he received, but we all know how he ended up on the Knicks. I agree that he's a shell of himself (atm), but I do think he's gifted enough to change his game and adapt to the situation he's in. I doubt anyone is going to trade for him so we are most likely stuck with him, what the coach needs to do is have him as one of the leaders of the second unit or place him around the paint to better utilize his skill set.

He's not a sharp shooter and he has no handle... so keeping him around the parimeter is a definite no no. His D is suspect, but I think that comes from shot legs and poor awareness. This can be remedy with time...as knowing when and where your teammates will be can help him improve his defensive game.

The biggist issue with Stat is his contract. I never thought he was worth that tag...it's just now many more people are starting to see that. If it wasn't for those big $$$...this would probably be a non issue. I whole heartly agree he should be earning that loot, but giving some of the circumstances...I'll give him some slack (4now).

time will tell...unfortunately, that time may not be on his side for long. I'm not going to bash him to much...he'll do a better job of that himself if he can't get his act together.

Again, I'll be suprise if someone trades us for him.

It's amazing how many fans have such strong feeling about Amare. I understand the frustration with his recent play, but to hate the man who helped build the team seems low.

This was a ****ty contract from the get go and you're fools if you thought his knees would hold up. But without Amare coming to NYC this team would still be ****.

So instead of taking a crap on the guy any chance you get, why not try to support him and hope for the best? He's a 20mil man on our NYK, last thing we should want to do is destroy his confidence any more than it's already been damaged.

Limit his minutes and hope he finds his groove! If Amare can make himself productive, this team is unstoppable!

If we signed Gortat in 2009 I wonder if we would have kept Lee, and I wonder if more fans would have been for keeping Lee.

I feel kinda bad seeing all this bad talk about Amar'e, me being part of it. Calling him a human pile of garbage is a little much. He might be a decent person, and even though it seems like he has a lack of effort a lot of the time, I hate to see him hated like this.

Wake up, Amar'e, all it takes is effort.

I think once Amare's shot starts to hit more consistently, like we know it can, things will turn around for him. Defenders will have to come out to defend him, leaving more space to do his thing on the inside.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    I don't why anyone hasn't mentioned that before but to me the main reason Amare struggles this year is SYSTEM we are playing.

Let's face it Amare is only effective in run'n'gun system when no defence is required. Just like during his Phoenix years with D'Antoni or last year with us. When D'Antoni came to NY Phoenix hired Terry Porter as head coach and Steve Kerr said that they should be a halfcourt team and what happened? Amare struggled to average 20 pts and he was 100% healthy until that eye injury happened. Next year they average 110 ppg and Amare is back to his normal self.

This year with addition of Chandler we play at much slower pace which makes amare useless because:

1. He doesn't play defence
    2. He has no post game
    3. His jumper is way off.
    4. His one on one game is pretty bad too.

I'm pretty sure that if he was traded to a team like Denver he would be much more productive. In our current system he is lost and he won't get better because he just doesn't have instincts to play in that system.
    While I think its way too soon to think about trading STAT, these are ALL very good points.

+1

Originally Posted by atikiN
    It's amazing how many fans have such strong feeling about Amare. I understand the frustration with his recent play, but to hate the man who helped build the team seems low.

This was a ****ty contract from the get go and you're fools if you thought his knees would hold up. But without Amare coming to NYC this team would still be ****.

So instead of taking a crap on the guy any chance you get, why not try to support him and hope for the best? He's a 20mil man on our NYK, last thing we should want to do is destroy his confidence any more than it's already been damaged.

Limit his minutes and hope he finds his groove! If Amare can make himself productive, this team is unstoppable!
    When evaluating a commodity that's losing value rapidly, and is in an apparent downward spiral...using the words I highlighted is the exact opposite approach you take.

That's why you never see me go back to his original contract, or what he did last year.

All I'm saying is: His game is based on athleticism; his athleticism seems gone; in 2+ months he should have worked off some of the weight he put on, got a little leaner to regain some explosiveness....that has not happened; he's not getting any younger...so keeping a player who relies on athleticism more so than skill, as he enters his 30s, after two micro-fracture surgeries, with apparent signs of losing athleticism...you're not gonna convince me to keep him, even if he "turns it around."

Plus, if he was able to work out, and lift to put on muscle to protect his back, he could have put up shots. I remember seeing a post by someone on here saying "well if you guys were athletes, if you had played, you'd know that lifting weights affects your jump shot."

But at the very same time, that's why you lift every other day, and get shots up every single day. It's inexcusable for a dude making that kind of coin, in the NBA, with all sorts of resources at his disposal, to have gotten "stronger" and come back with his jumper all ****ed up.

That tells me that he was either just working on building muscle mass, and ignoring his jumper OR he did get his shots up after lifting...and his jumper is still inconsistent as ****. Either way...I still think the $18M, $19M, $21M, and $23M can be better spent.

Only way I change my mind is if he develops the career extenders: superior footwork and a post game. Otherwise, Amar'e at 33 will be some **** to behold.

Hey nuckles, how did you feel about Jeffries 2 or so months ago?

im reading the same exact thing every time i go on this site lmao literaly all you guys are doing is repeating yourselves every time you post. do you think going on and on about his problems is going to make him better? is it going to get him traded? your trade ideas arent going to happen that shouldve never started to begin with. when i found this site i saw a FAN FORUM***. Now fans of a team need to support the team through good and bad. all you guys are doing is getting mad. how about you try supporting our team and our players.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Only way I change my mind is if he develops the career extenders: superior footwork and a post game. Otherwise, Amar'e at 33 will be some **** to behold.
    5 star quote. I don't know who's in Amare's camp but they are doing him dirty by not demanding he add a post game to his skill set.

But hey, there are people in this forum, including myself, that has been saying that for a while now.

Originally Posted by atikiN
    Hey nuckles, how did you feel about Jeffries 2 or so months ago?
    Couldn't stand him then, can't stand him now, but he's invaluable to the team. I don't want him EVER touching the ball on the offensive end, unless it's a rebound, at which point...pass the rock.

But I love his role off the bench as a defensive pest.

I actually take a lot of heat from some season ticket people when I go to games, cause I abused Jeffries last season, and now this year every time he does something good, I get a "there's your boy Jeffries, can't boo him now, huh?"

But Jeffries cap hit is $1M, that's a far cry from $18.

I'm not hating on STAT because he isn't playing well, actually I'm not hating on him at all...all he has to do is prove me wrong. If I had any power over the situation, he would just have to do it before I found an acceptable deal (if there was one to be found.) There are young, cheaper, stretch 4s out there, who can give us what we need from STAT.

With the addition of Lin working the PnR with Chandler, and Melo in the starting 5, we don't need much from our PF. So why pay an aging, getting slower, PF the kind of money you give to guys who have to carry your team GOING FORWARD, not based on what he did in the past, but moving forward....why?

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    im reading the same exact thing every time i go on this site lmao literaly all you guys are doing is repeating yourselves every time you post. do you think going on and on about his problems is going to make him better? is it going to get him traded? your trade ideas arent going to happen that shouldve never started to begin with. when i found this site i saw a FAN FORUM***. Now fans of a team need to support the team through good and bad. all you guys are doing is getting mad. how about you try supporting our team and our players.
    They got my undying support, and my money for my season tickets.

Doesn't mean I have to turn into a "golly gee willickers guys, let's give STAT a hug" type of dude.

It's one thing to bitch about one game, which I try not to do...I'm talking about a 32 game sample size, and the prospects of what this team will be going forward.