Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not gonna deny Amar'e was better last season, his impact was big, but not it's like Curry hasn't been injured a lot since his time with them. The Warriors also aren't out of the picture of the Playoffs.

Lee is better than Amar'e now, and costs less.

Anyway, I'm holding off most of my frustration for Amar'e a week or two (less if he does that bad). I feel bad seeing this thread title and seeing so much negativity against him. Some of it's deserved, but it feels a bit much now seeing how big this got.

I also won't deny there's no question Lee provides much better statistical contribution to his team than Amare does to us, this season.

Just saying that most of the people who are like DAVID LEE FFS now were much happier with Amare at the point we signed him.

And people seem to forget Lee was just as much of a liability on defense as STAT. He does grab more boards but he has absolutely no inside presence whatsoever, at least Amare was blocking 2 shots last year.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I also won't deny there's no question Lee provides much better statistical contribution to his team than Amare does to us, this season.

Just saying that most of the people who are like DAVID LEE FFS now were much happier with Amare at the point we signed him.

And people seem to forget Lee was just as much of a liability on defense as STAT. He does grab more boards but he has absolutely no inside presence whatsoever, at least Amare was blocking 2 shots last year.
For the record, I preferred Lee at first.

Neither are good defenders, but Lee always puts effort into defense. That's what I want from Amar'e. At this point he needs to not worry about fouling and try to start blocking a bunch of shots. That might get him going.

smokes

Huge Member
For the record, I preferred Lee at first.

Neither are good defenders, but Lee always puts effort into defense. That's what I want from Amar'e. At this point he needs to not worry about fouling and try to start blocking a bunch of shots. That might get him going.

At the moment I wouldn't disagree it feels like having him on the floor rarely makes much of a difference and so why not risk picking up some fouls, stop people from coming down the middle.

It made me laugh my ass off when I played NBA 2k12 and the commentators were talking about STAT being a lane enforcer :lol:

That is all. He's getting out-played by Jared Jeffries. Trade him. he's a blackhole and just holds the ball, runs at the basket, and curses.

THAT IS ALL.

pile-of-garbage.jpg

That's a Overreaction if I ever heard one. I always think how funny it is when guys get loved and hated by fans and message board peeps on a constant basis from year to year. The guy you hate now, you could love in 3 months. It's just a immature overreaction. Amare is a baller that you could love again in an instant. Get real bruh.

fender0577

Rotation player
That's a Overreaction if I ever heard one. I always think how funny it is when guys get loved and hated by fans and message board peeps on a constant basis from year to year. The guy you hate now, you could love in 3 months. It's just a immature overreaction. Amare is a baller that you could love again in an instant. Get real bruh.
:agreed:To call a person a "A human pile of Garbage" is a little drastic, don't ya think.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
You know guys. Amare is going to have to re-invent his game. I dont believe his back has fully healed or will ever heal. He has to turn into our new LJ. Knock down that jumper even stretch the floor to the 3 and also develop a back to the basket post game. He will never be the high flier he used to be.

Paul1355

All Star
That is all. He's getting out-played by Jared Jeffries. Trade him. he's a blackhole and just holds the ball, runs at the basket, and curses.

THAT IS ALL.

pile-of-garbage.jpg

Can anyone deny the facts that Novak is more of a force on offense with his 3 point shooting and Jeffries is more of a force on defense and rebounding than Stat is?

What reason is there to play stat starters minutes anymore? He holds the ball, loses it when he is doubled, has shot terrible from mid range(open shots) and gets his shot blocked every game. He is not intimidating anymore.

If we los 1st round then Stat should get traded for a scoring PF with some defensive skills...I'd rather have Serge Ibaka. Or Pau Gasol.

CoolClyde

i was happy to get STAT over DLEE, who took over as much-needed Center presence and go-to team leader with blocks and slams galore. now that Chandler is the true Center and Melo is the true go-to guy, STAT has lost his lustre, and is indeed, playing like a human pile of garbage. of course, that is a way too drastic analogy, funny as it is, but at this point in time, I would prefer DLEE to get those rebounds, work the P&R, and shoot the short jumpers for less money than STAT is giving us for what he's being paid.

DLEE's game steadily improved each year, while STAT has steadily declined since last season's playoff injury. yet after all this garbage talk, I still have faith in him to pull it together, play healthy and happy, and lead us to the promised playoff land.
:gony:

KingCharles34

All Star
I'd just like to say RETIRE STAT u gettin outplayed by Old KG. I dont think theres any PF that Amerie has outplayed so far this year.

They should name one of the dumps in New York City after Softemire

KingCharles34

All Star
^ That gave me another idea

I know the Federal Reserve is in NY City too, they should rename it after whoever takes Amarknees spot in the starting lineup

quiggle

Starter
the only thing i remember from yesterdays game is when Reniassance Man uncontested a shot then Hubie Brown said this is a game you can win on the road and he sounded puzzled why you would not defend the shot.

for those who think he will come back to form, you must live with that sandman in the KIA commericals cause now way in hell this is happening in reality like seeing all those bikini women in the stands

p0nder

Starter
pretty solid outting last night for the garbage man. hes thinner and has more pop, shot is falling, etc. Basically all the things I said earlier in the thread... His performance is steady improving.

To the guy who took issue with STAT's peak performance coming at the end of the season.... Isn't that when you want a player to be performing at his peak? I understand that he's been a disappointment so far this year but if he plays like a beast for us through the playoff's, isn't that better then having a 9 game 30+ point streak and then being injured or playing poorly during the playoffs?

His defense is improving and with Woodson at the helm i expect that the Renaissance Man will continue to play well for us at both ends.

Yes^^, he was back to playing paint ball again, no longer lurking around the 3 point line.

I hope D'Ant was watching the game and taking notes. Both Stat and Melo was playing their game and neither played selfishly...in fact, the whole team was laughing and having fun, it didn't look like they were missing Pringles at all.