Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And Metro KNOWS I never supported Isiah; Craw is playing for Portland and E-City for Miami so both will probably make it farther in the playoffs than our KNICKS
    Portland collapsed...and EC doesn't get minutes on a team starved for height.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Want to point out that David Lee lost again, and is (yet again) on a losing team despite having team mates such as Curry, and Ellis, and -of course- a head coach that people were calling to replace D'Antoni last year. Has Lee ever played for a winning team (let alone a playoff team)?
    Bout ****ing time someone brought this up.

Let's not forget that David Lee, in his grand breakout year with the Knicks where he became a 20/10 player...

...led the team to a 29-win season. Not to mention that despite all of his boards our team still sucked ass at rebounding - we were worse with him than we were with just STAT in the first half of last year which is sad.

And what's David Lee winning right now? The guy is the NBA version of Drew Brees, guy who pads his stats in meaningless games, except at least Drew Brees at least won something at one point.

Lee played with Duhon as the starting PG.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Lee played with Duhon as the starting PG.
    Yes and now he plays with Curry and Ellis and they are still 14-19.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yes and now he plays with Curry and Ellis and they are still 14-19.
    I'm not gonna deny Amar'e was better last season, his impact was big, but not it's like Curry hasn't been injured a lot since his time with them. The Warriors also aren't out of the picture of the Playoffs.

Lee is better than Amar'e now, and costs less.

Anyway, I'm holding off most of my frustration for Amar'e a week or two (less if he does that bad). I feel bad seeing this thread title and seeing so much negativity against him. Some of it's deserved, but it feels a bit much now seeing how big this got.

I'm not gonna deny Amar'e was better last season, his impact was big, but not it's like Curry hasn't been injured a lot since his time with them. The Warriors also aren't out of the picture of the Playoffs.

Lee is better than Amar'e now, and costs less.

Anyway, I'm holding off most of my frustration for Amar'e a week or two (less if he does that bad). I feel bad seeing this thread title and seeing so much negativity against him. Some of it's deserved, but it feels a bit much now seeing how big this got.
    I also won't deny there's no question Lee provides much better statistical contribution to his team than Amare does to us, this season.

Just saying that most of the people who are like DAVID LEE FFS now were much happier with Amare at the point we signed him.

And people seem to forget Lee was just as much of a liability on defense as STAT. He does grab more boards but he has absolutely no inside presence whatsoever, at least Amare was blocking 2 shots last year.

I also won't deny there's no question Lee provides much better statistical contribution to his team than Amare does to us, this season.

Just saying that most of the people who are like DAVID LEE FFS now were much happier with Amare at the point we signed him.

And people seem to forget Lee was just as much of a liability on defense as STAT. He does grab more boards but he has absolutely no inside presence whatsoever, at least Amare was blocking 2 shots last year.
    For the record, I preferred Lee at first.

Neither are good defenders, but Lee always puts effort into defense. That's what I want from Amar'e. At this point he needs to not worry about fouling and try to start blocking a bunch of shots. That might get him going.

For the record, I preferred Lee at first.

Neither are good defenders, but Lee always puts effort into defense. That's what I want from Amar'e. At this point he needs to not worry about fouling and try to start blocking a bunch of shots. That might get him going.
    At the moment I wouldn't disagree it feels like having him on the floor rarely makes much of a difference and so why not risk picking up some fouls, stop people from coming down the middle.

It made me laugh my ass off when I played NBA 2k12 and the commentators were talking about STAT being a lane enforcer

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Lee's rebounding passing and intangibles > Amare and his gay attire.

It made me laugh my ass off when I played NBA 2k12 and the commentators were talking about STAT being a lane enforcer

Veteran

A few days off of games, A few practices..
    CMON STAT SHUT US ALL UP......A breakout game against the douche Garnet!

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    A few days off of games, A few practices..
    CMON STAT SHUT US ALL UP......A breakout game against the douche Garnet!

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    That is all. He's getting out-played by Jared Jeffries. Trade him. he's a blackhole and just holds the ball, runs at the basket, and curses.

THAT IS ALL.

That's a Overreaction if I ever heard one. I always think how funny it is when guys get loved and hated by fans and message board peeps on a constant basis from year to year. The guy you hate now, you could love in 3 months. It's just a immature overreaction. Amare is a baller that you could love again in an instant. Get real bruh.

Superstar

Originally Posted by SuckMyKnick
    That's a Overreaction if I ever heard one. I always think how funny it is when guys get loved and hated by fans and message board peeps on a constant basis from year to year. The guy you hate now, you could love in 3 months. It's just a immature overreaction. Amare is a baller that you could love again in an instant. Get real bruh.
    To call a person a "A human pile of Garbage" is a little drastic, don't ya think.

You know guys. Amare is going to have to re-invent his game. I dont believe his back has fully healed or will ever heal. He has to turn into our new LJ. Knock down that jumper even stretch the floor to the 3 and also develop a back to the basket post game. He will never be the high flier he used to be.