Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 220

Thread: Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

  1. #31
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    They aren't high on Lee from what I heard. Don't like his lack of defense and want a star who will sell tickets.
    Sounds familiar doesn't it?

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If we could trade STAT for essentially Turner straight up, or Elton ****ing Brand straight up, we should pull that trigger in a heartbeat.

    I think Philly management would laugh in our faces about Turner.

    Brand and a 1st rounder? Could be possible. It would be the first time in ages we bamboozled another franchise, prison rape style, and ditched an over the hill, over rated donkey.

    Thing is this: even if Amaresa suddenly grew some knee cartilage along with his balls, he'd still be overpaid and a weakass contract.

    On a team, that with Lin, the offensive renaissance of Chandler, JR, and Melo.... Render the one good thing Amare does even more negligible.

    Amare used to be the most dominant inside scorer in the NBA.

    But now, we have Tyson smacking records with a. 700% fg, a playmaking and aggressive PG, and a top NBA scorer in Melo.

    All who will be here longterm.

    What we need is a studly SG with real range. This could be JR....could be Oj Mayo.

    But with STATus **** on our team, we won't have the cap to ever really solidify such moves.

  3. #33
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Can't wait till the trade deadline passes and all you are gonna have to deal with STAT for like 2 or 3 more years

  4. #34
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    im sorry i wasnt aware melo had a back injury and rested the whole offseason, i wasnt aware melo gained 20 pounds of muscle, i wasnt aware melos game is dependent on a pure point guard which stat didnt have for more than half this season.

  5. #35
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    im sorry i wasnt aware melo had a back injury and rested the whole offseason, i wasnt aware melo gained 20 pounds of muscle, i wasnt aware melos game is dependent on a pure point guard which stat didnt have for more than half this season.
    Excuses smell like Stat.

  6. #36
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Excuses smell like Stat.
    so why dont you try injuring your back sitting out for 6 months gaining 20 pounds of muscle and play a sport your use to playing at the same level

  7. #37
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    so why dont you try injuring your back sitting out for 6 months gaining 20 pounds of muscle and play a sport your use to playing at the same level
    It's been half of a season and he's playing as if he hasn't touched a basketball in a year. I can get over him losing a bit of speed and not having his shot but I can't get over it when he doesn't EVEN TRY to fill the lane or DEFEND. The dude doesn't move his feet on D... NOT AT ALL. Only way he gets a block is if a dude comes right at him. Problem is he lets everyone go RIGHT around him.

    FYI, his +/- tonight was -1... Second lowest on the team behind Landry (-4) and Landry had a pitiful game tonight. Most Knicks had +10 or higher. Go back and check Stat's +/- each game this year and that will tell you the whole story. If Stat's not ready to play than he should sit out and practice until he is. I can say without a doubt that he hurts us more than helps us right now and our record without him this season proves that.

  8. #38
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    It's been half of a season and he's playing as if he hasn't touched a basketball in a year. I can get over him losing a bit of speed and not having his shot but I can't get over it when he doesn't EVEN TRY to fill the lane or DEFEND. The dude doesn't move his feet on D... NOT AT ALL. Only way he gets a block is if a dude comes right at him. Problem is he lets everyone go RIGHT around him.

    FYI, his +/- tonight was -1... Second lowest on the team behind Landry (-4) and Landry had a pitiful game tonight. Most Knicks had +10 or higher. Go back and check Stat's +/- each game this year and that will tell you the whole story. If Stat's not ready to play than he should sit out and practice until he is. I can say without a doubt that he hurts us more than helps us right now and our record without him this season proves that.
    you need to think about what this guy has been through bro seriously. on top of everything i pointed out he didnt have his pick and roll point guard for a majority of this season on top of that the knicks now have a team full of scorers hes not going to get his 20 points i understand the defense is frustrating but his defense didnt get any worse this year hes always been a bad defender, his blocks have went down cause he isnt in the middle anymore like he was last year. the only problem he has other then defense which we all knew was bad when we signed him, is his jumpshot which is bound to come back. now hes not getting traded so get over it

  9. #39
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Trade Stat,Fields, and Douglas for Milsap and Gordon Hayward and we're ready to go

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This site loses so much quality with threads like these. Unfortunately they are starting to seem like the norm. Knicks win = Problem; Knicks lose = Problem. Stoudamire played 7 or so minutes less than Anthony did and scored 8 fewer points. His post D was non-existent in the first half but he picked it up in the second along with the rest of the team. To be honest, I was also unimpressed with Anthony's perimeter D. I think I'll give these sorts of threads a miss for a considerable amount of time. First it's fire D'Antoni, then trade Fields, Stoudamire always gets honourable mentions, and Anthony has also had his moments on here. In the meantime Knicks win following a brilliant second half display and the team has finally been showing signs of clicking.

    One would have thought we lost the game.

  11. #41
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I thought about Milsap, but they are high on Favors, and STAT would be entering his 4th year of his deal when they'd have to worry about re-upping Jefferson. I don't see Utah taking him.

    I think Philly is an option. Houston maybe, but that kind of depends on what they do with Patterson and Morris. They might want to see how their young guys develop.
    I was thinking more of a 3 team deal

    Knicks- Millsap
    Sixers- Stoudemire
    Jazz- Turner

  12. #42
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I was thinking more of a 3 team deal

    Knicks- Millsap
    Sixers- Stoudemire
    Jazz- Turner
    The money wouldn't work like that. The Jazz have a $10M trade exception, but Philly has no way of absorbing all of STAT's contract. Turner only makes $5M and STAT $18M.

    That's why I say this trade would make the most sense for all sides from both a basketball and organizational standpoint.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Then Philly can either amnesty Brand, or let him come off the bench. Houston would get another triple double threat (Terrence Williams is the other) who can play the 2 or 3, along with whatever draft picks they get. Options & assets.

    Knicks get a true 2 for the starting lineup, and can use Landry off the bench where he's more valuable to the team; and Patterson is a 4 who can stretch the floor (much like the STAT of old) and he can be "just another guy" out there and the balance of power would shift to Lin, Melo, and K-Mart.

    If I'm Grunwald, I'm in Philly and Houston's ear EVERYDAY talking this scenario up.

  13. #43
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Melo and Fields have struggled a bit but Amare has struggled ALL season. He hasn't taken over a game ONCE like Melo has multiple times this season, he hasn't even found his groove and found a way to be effective outside of his game like Landry has.

    All he's done is slow down the offense by holding the ball forever, jacked up bad shots, and ran at the basket cursing like a sailor. He is hurting this team. He need's to be traded because he is only going to get much worse with age.
    Actually he had 5-6 games in a row where he averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. Fields picked up his game (except of last night he's been playing very well lately), Carmelo's hopefully about to pick up his, Shump got out of slump... this season is crazy, you never know what will happen the next game. Amare can have a bad season but he also can explode at one moment. I agree though he shouldn't be talking about getthing his game back and make excuses if it doesn't work. I'm not going to say "trade him immidiately", maybe I'll if he continues to play that bad and fail in the playoffs, but right now it's too early to say we should get rid of him. I understand however how this board works, sometimes a particular player has ONE bad game and you got plenty of "fans" urging to trade him.

  14. #44
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Actually he had 5-6 games in a row where he averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. Fields picked up his game (except of last night he's been playing very well lately), Carmelo's hopefully about to pick up his, Shump got out of slump... this season is crazy, you never know what will happen the next game. Amare can have a bad season but he also can explode at one moment. I agree though he shouldn't be talking about getthing his game back and make excuses if it doesn't work. I'm not going to say "trade him immidiately", maybe I'll if he continues to play that bad and fail in the playoffs, but right now it's too early to say we should get rid of him. I understand however how this board works, sometimes a particular player has ONE bad game and you got plenty of "fans" urging to trade him.
    -___________-

    Your talking like he had one off night. He's been a cancer to this team ALL season. Sure he had a few good games but 3 good games out of 40 games is horrible.

    and unlike Landry Fields and Carmelo Anthony who have altered their game and stepped up for the better of the team (Melo with his D, Landry cutting out his 3 pointer and stepping up his D). Amare hasn't done **** but stand around and sulk about how he's not the leader anymore and complain about how he's had to give up shots to Melo.

    He has no heart, and I PRAY we trade him for David Lee. A man who loves this team, loves this city, loves the fans, and would destroy his body for a win, I want a hustler who will do ANYTHING to win a championship. Not a man who came here to be a jewish fashionista and get a pay day.

  15. #45
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Soon you guys will come back to reality that STAT is going no where. All the trade talk is foolish because his contract is massive. Amnesty would be the only option and that's not happening.

    He's got 20 extra pounds on him because he thought he'd have to play at C again where he needed to bang with the bigs. Then we picked up Tyson and Amar'e was back at the 4 with an extra 20 lbs on. Not to mention all the injuries have been piling up on him and he's lost the explosiveness that made him a highlight machine.

    I do see him improving on defense, I see him getting in better shape and being motivated to be a team player. Also he just lost his brother and that has to be still weighing on his mind. I'm not ready to put Amar'e out to pasture just yet. I think we'll have to wait until playoffs to make that judgement call.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2011, 23:03
  2. Really Good Article to Hype Tonights Game
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2010, 17:23
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2010, 05:02
  4. Knicks meet Amare, important info
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2010, 18:18
  5. Debunking Ape man ancestor myth- WOW.
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2009, 22:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •