Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

CA7

Scoring Champ
I thought about Milsap, but they are high on Favors, and STAT would be entering his 4th year of his deal when they'd have to worry about re-upping Jefferson. I don't see Utah taking him.

I think Philly is an option. Houston maybe, but that kind of depends on what they do with Patterson and Morris. They might want to see how their young guys develop.

I was thinking more of a 3 team deal

Knicks- Millsap
Sixers- Stoudemire
Jazz- Turner

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I was thinking more of a 3 team deal

Knicks- Millsap
Sixers- Stoudemire
Jazz- Turner

The money wouldn't work like that. The Jazz have a $10M trade exception, but Philly has no way of absorbing all of STAT's contract. Turner only makes $5M and STAT $18M.

That's why I say this trade would make the most sense for all sides from both a basketball and organizational standpoint.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=78sqdjt

Then Philly can either amnesty Brand, or let him come off the bench. Houston would get another triple double threat (Terrence Williams is the other) who can play the 2 or 3, along with whatever draft picks they get. Options & assets.

Knicks get a true 2 for the starting lineup, and can use Landry off the bench where he's more valuable to the team; and Patterson is a 4 who can stretch the floor (much like the STAT of old) and he can be "just another guy" out there and the balance of power would shift to Lin, Melo, and K-Mart.

If I'm Grunwald, I'm in Philly and Houston's ear EVERYDAY talking this scenario up.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo and Fields have struggled a bit but Amare has struggled ALL season. He hasn't taken over a game ONCE like Melo has multiple times this season, he hasn't even found his groove and found a way to be effective outside of his game like Landry has.

All he's done is slow down the offense by holding the ball forever, jacked up bad shots, and ran at the basket cursing like a sailor. He is hurting this team. He need's to be traded because he is only going to get much worse with age.
Actually he had 5-6 games in a row where he averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. Fields picked up his game (except of last night he's been playing very well lately), Carmelo's hopefully about to pick up his, Shump got out of slump... this season is crazy, you never know what will happen the next game. Amare can have a bad season but he also can explode at one moment. I agree though he shouldn't be talking about getthing his game back and make excuses if it doesn't work. I'm not going to say "trade him immidiately", maybe I'll if he continues to play that bad and fail in the playoffs, but right now it's too early to say we should get rid of him. I understand however how this board works, sometimes a particular player has ONE bad game and you got plenty of "fans" urging to trade him.

Actually he had 5-6 games in a row where he averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. Fields picked up his game (except of last night he's been playing very well lately), Carmelo's hopefully about to pick up his, Shump got out of slump... this season is crazy, you never know what will happen the next game. Amare can have a bad season but he also can explode at one moment. I agree though he shouldn't be talking about getthing his game back and make excuses if it doesn't work. I'm not going to say "trade him immidiately", maybe I'll if he continues to play that bad and fail in the playoffs, but right now it's too early to say we should get rid of him. I understand however how this board works, sometimes a particular player has ONE bad game and you got plenty of "fans" urging to trade him.
-___________-

Your talking like he had one off night. He's been a cancer to this team ALL season. Sure he had a few good games but 3 good games out of 40 games is horrible.

and unlike Landry Fields and Carmelo Anthony who have altered their game and stepped up for the better of the team (Melo with his D, Landry cutting out his 3 pointer and stepping up his D). Amare hasn't done shit but stand around and sulk about how he's not the leader anymore and complain about how he's had to give up shots to Melo.

He has no heart, and I PRAY we trade him for David Lee. A man who loves this team, loves this city, loves the fans, and would destroy his body for a win, I want a hustler who will do ANYTHING to win a championship. Not a man who came here to be a jewish fashionista and get a pay day.

p0nder

Starter
Soon you guys will come back to reality that STAT is going no where. All the trade talk is foolish because his contract is massive. Amnesty would be the only option and that's not happening.

He's got 20 extra pounds on him because he thought he'd have to play at C again where he needed to bang with the bigs. Then we picked up Tyson and Amar'e was back at the 4 with an extra 20 lbs on. Not to mention all the injuries have been piling up on him and he's lost the explosiveness that made him a highlight machine.

I do see him improving on defense, I see him getting in better shape and being motivated to be a team player. Also he just lost his brother and that has to be still weighing on his mind. I'm not ready to put Amar'e out to pasture just yet. I think we'll have to wait until playoffs to make that judgement call.

skisloper

Starter
Soon you guys will come back to reality that STAT is going no where. All the trade talk is foolish because his contract is massive. Amnesty would be the only option and that's not happening.

He's got 20 extra pounds on him because he thought he'd have to play at C again where he needed to bang with the bigs. Then we picked up Tyson and Amar'e was back at the 4 with an extra 20 lbs on. Not to mention all the injuries have been piling up on him and he's lost the explosiveness that made him a highlight machine.

I do see him improving on defense, I see him getting in better shape and being motivated to be a team player. Also he just lost his brother and that has to be still weighing on his mind. I'm not ready to put Amar'e out to pasture just yet. I think we'll have to wait until playoffs to make that judgement call.

Then the bigger question is where does STAT fit.......
Does he come off the bench ? Play back-up to Chandler and let him go back to playing center like he did a lot lat year ?

At what point do you dismiss his 20 million and what he has done in the past and judge by what he is doing now. No matter what the reason he is playing scared on defense and offense he is pushing too much......Whats the best way to utilize a game that can take over a game but for right now is waiving his hands directing opposing players into the lane..

KingCharles34

All Star
^ The best way to utilize Stat is to not play him, trade him, or if comes down to it waive him

Sometimes you cant draw a positive from a negative, Negative Stats is completely useless on any NBA team. I dont think he'll even be in the league by the time hes 33, bookmark this post :smokin:

CA7

Scoring Champ
The money wouldn't work like that. The Jazz have a $10M trade exception, but Philly has no way of absorbing all of STAT's contract. Turner only makes $5M and STAT $18M.

That's why I say this trade would make the most sense for all sides from both a basketball and organizational standpoint.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=78sqdjt

Then Philly can either amnesty Brand, or let him come off the bench. Houston would get another triple double threat (Terrence Williams is the other) who can play the 2 or 3, along with whatever draft picks they get. Options & assets.

Knicks get a true 2 for the starting lineup, and can use Landry off the bench where he's more valuable to the team; and Patterson is a 4 who can stretch the floor (much like the STAT of old) and he can be "just another guy" out there and the balance of power would shift to Lin, Melo, and K-Mart.

If I'm Grunwald, I'm in Philly and Houston's ear EVERYDAY talking this scenario up.

my deal would be centered around those guys

Utah or us would get Brand and they would buy him out or trade him

p0nder

Starter
I actually think that stat off the bench as a scoring option at C would be a better fit. However they are trying to slim him down to get him going with that pop off the floor. I think he will get it back to the 240lb range and we'll see amar'e a little more comfortable out there.

Right now when i see him on the floor he looks uncomfortable and his spacing needs work. He's lost a good amount of lateral quickness and it's hurting his already pourus defense. If we didn't have tyson we'd be a mess but he is holding down the paint well, even without stats help defense.

I honestly think that he will be making some noise ramping up to the end of the year when he should be in peak performance mode.

KingCharles34

All Star
I keep seeing this idea of Stat playing center come up. Didnt he say before the season that he was done playing center?

This guys just as much of a quitter as Lebron James is

Even Bosh said he didnt care if the Heat played him at PF or C this year. Bosh goes harder then Amarknee

Stat at center is a horrible idea, not only is he afraid to play center but it would lead to him getting his shot blocked and embarrassed even more then he already does.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I honestly think that he will be making some noise ramping up to the end of the year when he should be in peak performance mode.

Everyone should have a problem with that line.

I'd hate to pay a guy 20mil only to wait until the end of the year to get peak performance out of him.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
-___________-
Landry struggled early in the season, some users wanted to trade him. Jeffries didn't play much due to an injury and after a couple of games when he finally played people wanted to get rid of him. Lin had a night off against the Heat and some "fans" saw him being involved in a trade. Carmelo struggles (last night was a positive sign of getting him back) and people want to ship him somewhere else. There were also posts about trading Walker or even Davis who didn't even play back then. It's completely incomprehensible to trade Amare, we all know he's an issue right now and has been struggling since the beginning of the season, but it's still early. This season is tough for Amare (back injury, shortened training camp, minor injuries, brother's death), trading him won't solve our problems. He just needs some more time.

johnstarky

Rotation player
How quick do fans turn on a player after having an underacheiving season when it was that same player who chose to sign with an irrelevant Knicks team when nobody else wanted to sign with them.

How many superstars wanted to play for the Knicks before Amar'e Stoudemire signed here? Over the past few decades we've seen players like Michael Jordan, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all use the Knicks as leverage and ditch them for other teams because they didn't want to play in NY.

Let's say Amar'e had not signed with the Knicks in the summer of 2010 and the Knicks would have re-signed David Lee or went out and signed Carlos Boozer, do you think the Knicks would have Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith on their roster right now? I highly doubt it!

David Lee, Carlos Boozer or whoever the Knicks would have signed at the frontcourt position would have not enticed Carmelo Anthony to come here and JR Smith would have never been an option for the Knicks.

I remember the lovefest that NYK fans had for this guy not so long ago when he was carrying the team. But now that he isn't averaging 30 points a game many people want to trade him, waive him and throw him under a bus. I doubt any of the players that NYK fans want to wholeheartedly replace him with could make a team of role players a playoff bound team. He was the main reason why the Knicks were in the playoff picture before the Melo trade.

Give him some time before we say that he is in the twilight of his career. Let's see how he does through the rest of the season having two true pg's. There is no way that a player at the age of 29 can all of a sudden lose his ability to be dominant unless it is caused by something mental or physical.

KingCharles34

All Star
Please direct me to where you read or heard him say this.
If anything i thought he said the opposite, that he was done with playing center. What a p*ssy

Everyone should have a problem with that line.

I'd hate to pay a guy 20mil only to wait until the end of the year to get peak performance out of him.

Im not sure whats more pathetic. Stat or the posters defending Stat. Good work in here, The realists stay exposing the idealists.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Landry struggled early in the season, some users wanted to trade him. Jeffries didn't play much due to an injury and after a couple of games when he finally played people wanted to get rid of him. Lin had a night off against the Heat and some "fans" saw him being involved in a trade. Carmelo struggles (last night was a positive sign of getting him back) and people want to ship him somewhere else. There were also posts about trading Walker or even Davis who didn't even play back then. It's completely incomprehensible to trade Amare, we all know he's an issue right now and has been struggling since the beginning of the season, but it's still early. This season is tough for Amare (back injury, shortened training camp, minor injuries, brother's death), trading him won't solve our problems. He just needs some more time.

You mean more time than Baron had to get back to being productive? Also, STAT always said he was healthy and never complained about back issues. Newsflash: EVERYONE HAD A SHORTENED TRAINING CAMP.

The more excuses you pile up for him the worse it makes him look.

How quick do fans turn on a player after having an underacheiving season when it was that same player who chose to sign with an irrelevant Knicks team when nobody else wanted to sign with them.

How many superstars wanted to play for the Knicks before Amar'e Stoudemire signed here? Over the past few decades we've seen players like Michael Jordan, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all use the Knicks as leverage and ditch them for other teams because they didn't want to play in NY.

Let's say Amar'e had not signed with the Knicks in the summer of 2010 and the Knicks would have re-signed David Lee or went out and signed Carlos Boozer, do you think the Knicks would have Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith on their roster right now? I highly doubt it!

David Lee, Carlos Boozer or whoever the Knicks would have signed at the frontcourt position would have not enticed Carmelo Anthony to come here and JR Smith would have never been an option for the Knicks.

I remember the lovefest that NYK fans had for this guy not so long ago when he was carrying the team. But now that he isn't averaging 30 points a game many people want to trade him, waive him and throw him under a bus. I doubt any of the players that NYK fans want to wholeheartedly replace him with could make a team of role players a playoff bound team. He was the main reason why the Knicks were in the playoff picture before the Melo trade.

Give him some time before we say that he is in the twilight of his career. Let's see how he does through the rest of the season having two true pg's. There is no way that a player at the age of 29 can all of a sudden lose his ability to be dominant unless it is caused by something mental or physical.

Carmelo said while he was in Denver that he loved the core of David Lee and Danilo Gallinari. Melo wanted to come here period, he wanted to be the man LeBron was to much of a pussy to be and save NY basketball, Amare or not.

Jordan wanted to come here? Can you tell me that story never heard it lol

and stop talking about the past. Tracy McGrady was amazing on the Raptors and led them to the playoffs but now he's crying on a bench in Atlanta. Things change. Amare led us last year but this year his horrible mental toughness and his stuborness to alter his game have been exposed.

He's not even a leader. If he was when the media was ready to crucify Carmelo he would have stepped in and sais "Look im having a bad year and Carmelo has been carrying a lot of extra weight, this is my fault". A leader should be willing to protect his men at all costs. Not stand by abd let them get torn apart. Amare is a joke and has proven that he has no where to go but down this season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
$100 million... I don't even feel like going further. Figure it out and google what PHX was offering him.

I remember the lovefest that NYK fans had for this guy not so long ago when he was carrying the team. But now that he isn't averaging 30 points a game many people want to trade him, waive him and throw him under a bus.
You need to read more posts before you respond. People clearly have a problem with his EFFORT. Yes he could be a bit better on offense but posters have consistently said that if he were defending and rebounding it would be fine.

Read more.