Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
im reading the same exact thing every time i go on this site lmao literaly all you guys are doing is repeating yourselves every time you post. do you think going on and on about his problems is going to make him better? is it going to get him traded? your trade ideas arent going to happen that shouldve never started to begin with. when i found this site i saw a FAN FORUM***. Now fans of a team need to support the team through good and bad. all you guys are doing is getting mad. how about you try supporting our team and our players.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Only way I change my mind is if he develops the career extenders: superior footwork and a post game. Otherwise, Amar'e at 33 will be some shit to behold.

5 star quote. I don't know who's in Amare's camp but they are doing him dirty by not demanding he add a post game to his skill set.

But hey, there are people in this forum, including myself, that has been saying that for a while now.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Hey nuckles, how did you feel about Jeffries 2 or so months ago?

Couldn't stand him then, can't stand him now, but he's invaluable to the team. I don't want him EVER touching the ball on the offensive end, unless it's a rebound, at which point...pass the rock.

But I love his role off the bench as a defensive pest.

I actually take a lot of heat from some season ticket people when I go to games, cause I abused Jeffries last season, and now this year every time he does something good, I get a "there's your boy Jeffries, can't boo him now, huh?"

But Jeffries cap hit is $1M, that's a far cry from $18.

I'm not hating on STAT because he isn't playing well, actually I'm not hating on him at all...all he has to do is prove me wrong. If I had any power over the situation, he would just have to do it before I found an acceptable deal (if there was one to be found.) There are young, cheaper, stretch 4s out there, who can give us what we need from STAT.

With the addition of Lin working the PnR with Chandler, and Melo in the starting 5, we don't need much from our PF. So why pay an aging, getting slower, PF the kind of money you give to guys who have to carry your team GOING FORWARD, not based on what he did in the past, but moving forward....why?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
im reading the same exact thing every time i go on this site lmao literaly all you guys are doing is repeating yourselves every time you post. do you think going on and on about his problems is going to make him better? is it going to get him traded? your trade ideas arent going to happen that shouldve never started to begin with. when i found this site i saw a FAN FORUM***. Now fans of a team need to support the team through good and bad. all you guys are doing is getting mad. how about you try supporting our team and our players.

They got my undying support, and my money for my season tickets.

Doesn't mean I have to turn into a "golly gee willickers guys, let's give STAT a hug" type of dude.

It's one thing to bitch about one game, which I try not to do...I'm talking about a 32 game sample size, and the prospects of what this team will be going forward.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Is it too early for us to worry about the direction Amare's career seems to be heading? He sure does not look like the dominant PF he was just a short few months ago. I think it's too late for Amare to develop his footwork. He is who he is.

I am a eternal optimist. STAT may have lost a step but he is still better than most PFs around the league on offense. I am hoping he will snap out of this slump soon. Let's face it. This team needs STAT to compete at high level.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Is it too early for us to worry about the direction Amare's career seems to be heading? He sure does not look like the dominant PF he was just a short few months ago. I think it's too late for Amare to develop his footwork. He is who he is.

I am a eternal optimist. STAT may have lost a step but he is still better than most PFs around the league on offense. I am hoping he will snap out of this slump soon. Let's face it. This team needs STAT to compete at high level.

It's never too late to develop better footwork. You might not be as proficient as a guy who's worked on it his whole life, but you can definitely improve it, you just have to specifically work at it.

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
stat carried this team for a whole season last year. So far, his team only carried him half a season. Not even equal contributions yet

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
stat carried this team for a whole season last year. So far, his team only carried him half a season. Not even equal contributions yet
A whole season? I think you better re-think that. Felton had a lot to do with it, then there were struggles a while after that eight game win-streak.

Last edited:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
They got my undying support, and my money for my season tickets.

Doesn't mean I have to turn into a "golly gee willickers guys, let's give STAT a hug" type of dude.

It's one thing to bitch about one game, which I try not to do...I'm talking about a 32 game sample size, and the prospects of what this team will be going forward.

i do not know how you got "golly gee willickers lets give stat a hug" out of waht i wrote but a fan of a team is suppose to support what they have. Stat is obviously not being traded anytime soon so you need to accept that and support him. im tired of seeing "he needs to be traded" 100 times a day cause its not happening and we all know that.

atikiN

Rookie
nuckles2k2 said:
I actually take a lot of heat from some season ticket people when I go to games, cause I abused Jeffries last season, and now this year every time he does something good, I get a "there's your boy Jeffries, can't boo him now, huh?"
Yeah, that's what I figured.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
It's never too late to develop better footwork. You might not be as proficient as a guy who's worked on it his whole life, but you can definitely improve it, you just have to specifically work at it.

That's true but Amare's game is based on his explosiveness around the basket. I truly believe that Lin's continuing development as a PG will help Amare a great deal.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
i do not know how you got "golly gee willickers lets give stat a hug" out of waht i wrote but a fan of a team is suppose to support what they have. Stat is obviously not being traded anytime soon so you need to accept that and support him. im tired of seeing "he needs to be traded" 100 times a day cause its not happening and we all know that.

Lol @ people telling me what a fanatic of a team is supposed to do. By that definition then we had to love the Isiah era as well. No sir.

It's also a fan forum, the subject is the Knicks, I'm talking about the Knicks...what's the prob?

I don't wanna come off as being on the offensive...but I'm equally as tired of people saying we need to give STAT a chance based off of what he did last season, and to "wait it out." Clearly, we don't have any other choice, but we can still air our frustrations and have constructive conversations on the topic, from both view points. So I'll stop telling you that there are other players who fit into the diminished role of the PF with the current team at a better value, if you stop telling me to wait for Amar'e to turn it around.

Deal? Deal.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

You ignored the rest of the post. Roughly 2 months ago the season started, and Jeffries was NOT playing at the same level. Nowadays, do I enjoy yelling "that's why I used to boo you!!!!" at MSG when he misses a free throw? Abso****inglutely. It's fun, it comes with the territory of being a fan. That has nothing to do with my views on STAT tho. How'd you connect those two? Or did you at all? Was the Jeffries question completely random?

That's true but Amare's game is based on his explosiveness around the basket. I truly believe that Lin's continuing development as a PG will help Amare a great deal.

I don't deny that STAT getting a PG should help, we all thought it would help, but the signs haven't consistently been there since Lin emerged. Lin has elevated Tyson's game more so than STAT's. Remember, Amar'e was playing center for us last year, now he has to operate with a true center on the court. Remember what that was like when the "getting old" Shaq went to Pheonix? Blame it on Terry Porter's system, blame it on no chemistry, blame it on whatever. But the last time he had a true 5, it didn't work so well, not he has a true 5, and he seems to be slowing down...and it's not working well.

All I'm saying is, strictly from a FO view...I'm looking to move STAT and try to acquire a cheaper stretch 4. That's it. I'm not overlooking what he did last year, not saying he's washed up, just saying...for the production he's given for 32 games, at his price point, we can do better.

(sorry knickerbocka176, voiced my opinion one more time, hopefully my fan card isn't revoked)

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Lol @ people telling me what a fanatic of a team is supposed to do. By that definition then we had to love the Isiah era as well. No sir.

It's also a fan forum, the subject is the Knicks, I'm talking about the Knicks...what's the prob?

I don't wanna come off as being on the offensive...but I'm equally as tired of people saying we need to give STAT a chance based off of what he did last season, and to "wait it out." Clearly, we don't have any other choice, but we can still air our frustrations and have constructive conversations on the topic, from both view points. So I'll stop telling you that there are other players who fit into the diminished role of the PF with the current team at a better value, if you stop telling me to wait for Amar'e to turn it around.

Deal? Deal.

You ignored the rest of the post. Roughly 2 months ago the season started, and Jeffries was NOT playing at the same level. Nowadays, do I enjoy yelling "that's why I used to boo you!!!!" at MSG when he misses a free throw? Abso****inglutely. It's fun, it comes with the territory of being a fan. That has nothing to do with my views on STAT tho. How'd you connect those two? Or did you at all? Was the Jeffries question completely random?

I don't deny that STAT getting a PG should help, we all thought it would help, but the signs haven't consistently been there since Lin emerged. Lin has elevated Tyson's game more so than STAT's. Remember, Amar'e was playing center for us last year, now he has to operate with a true center on the court. Remember what that was like when the "getting old" Shaq went to Pheonix? Blame it on Terry Porter's system, blame it on no chemistry, blame it on whatever. But the last time he had a true 5, it didn't work so well, not he has a true 5, and he seems to be slowing down...and it's not working well.

All I'm saying is, strictly from a FO view...I'm looking to move STAT and try to acquire a cheaper stretch 4. That's it. I'm not overlooking what he did last year, not saying he's washed up, just saying...for the production he's given for 32 games, at his price point, we can do better.

(sorry knickerbocka176, voiced my opinion one more time, hopefully my fan card isn't revoked)

like i said, ive read that one line hundreds of times already and again you saying it for the hundredth time will not make it happen so why repeat yourself? we got it hes making to much you want to trade him for another pf blah blah WE ALL KNOW so why say it and say it and say it? and never did i say a fan cant have an opinion im simply stating my opinion on how fans should support what they hav

quiggle

Starter
its understandable why players who are free agents, like a Kidd, Hill, Cliff Lee, pass on New York despite a chance for lots more money or bigger market exposure. no its not the media crucifying them, they use that as buffer to really mean they dont want to play in front of fair weather fans like the majority of Knicks fans here. its one thing to throw hate at a bench player who contributes nothing but do that to the captain of the team who last year was the first to kick start what we have now, all should be ashamed. no wonder why LeBron passed coming here, heck if he did what he did with Miami last year and brought us to the Finals only to lose in Dallas, almost all of you wold have wanted him traded after one season. for fans who havent been anywhere near a title in 40 years, some of you act like divas entitled to one every year like Lakers fans.

nyk_nyk

All Star
its understandable why players who are free agents, like a Kidd, Hill, Cliff Lee, pass on New York despite a chance for lots more money or bigger market exposure. no its not the media crucifying them, they use that as buffer to really mean they dont want to play in front of fair weather fans like the majority of Knicks fans here. its one thing to throw hate at a bench player who contributes nothing but do that to the captain of the team who last year was the first to kick start what we have now, all should be ashamed. no wonder why LeBron passed coming here, heck if he did what he did with Miami last year and brought us to the Finals only to lose in Dallas, almost all of you wold have wanted him traded after one season. for fans who havent been anywhere near a title in 40 years, some of you act like divas entitled to one every year like Lakers fans.

hes diminished, i mean how many times have we seen him take a jump shot this season that either a) totally missed the rim and sailed to the other side b) hit the backboard next to the rim? 90% of being elite player is mental, its not physical its mental and he shows he is weak and scared...

some time right, heck i probably am the only person here who was dumb enough to blow $3k on one of his worn jerseys but THANKS GOODNESS I sold it off and its rotting away at someone elses home now. honestly i dont want to see the Knicks win a title as long as he is on the team, someone who doesnt hustle and appreciate should never be given the glory of a championship

what about Greg Oden for Statosphere? thats how bad we shold want him gone

and those who said that how can he be so wonderful last year and putrid this year its because hes moved careers, he got his 100 million and New York cred to start working on fashion food and other metrosexual venues. he only hustle last year to establish himself on the New York scene. now he got it he can live without a championship in NBA because he already has a bronze medal from Olympics. if he does get one, great let some other bust butt for it. he done here, got his money like i said all alone he is the same as LeBron only good thing about leBron is he didnt cost us 100 mil. JR Reid put more heart and effort in Knicks uniform than this phony ever will.

Yeah you can exit the forum now. Lame ass

quiggle

Starter
not really because you have to admit that I was one of the few here who saw this early on and didnt wait for him to play like now to crumble to call him out. now who i direct this to is those who gave me negative rep after negative rep after negative rep for all I said about Renaissance Man months ago and its the very same peeps who now are hating on him to. thats weak if your going to support him then and dessert him now because he plays bad. so if he plays good again you go back to loving him? who wants fans like this at least like you go play in Kansas City they will give the love win or lose

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

We will never know why some of the superstars didn't want to play in New York but I disagree that New York fanbase is made of mostly bandwagoners. LeBron didn't choose Miami because he felt fans in Miami were less fair-weathered than New York. He chose Miami because he was able to hook up with Wade and Bosh.

New York is the biggest media market in the world. Jeremy Lin would not have been the media darling if he was doing the Linsanity in Houston. But if you screw up, New York is the last place you want to be. IMO, those who passed up the opportunity to show off their talents on the biggest stage in the sporting world are nothing more than chokers. I have little respect for them.

We will never know why some of the superstars didn't want to play in New York but I disagree that New York fanbase is made of mostly bandwagoners. LeBron didn't choose Miami because he felt fans in Miami were less fair-weathered than New York. He chose Miami because he was able to hook up with Wade and Bosh.

New York is the biggest media market in the world. Jeremy Lin would not have been the media darling if he was doing the Linsanity in Houston. But if you screw up, New York is the last place you want to be. IMO, those who passed up the opportunity to show off their talents on the biggest stage in the sporting world are nothing more than chokers. I have little respect for them.

Trust me on a day to day basis i have seen so many bandwagons jumped off of in new york. One thing NY fans don't have is patience, we want bragging rights for something and if that means being a Miami Heat fan just to say my fave team won a championship happens alot.