Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Novak surpassed current Ray Allen?

The whole idea of this thread seemed ridiculous and stupid, like it was made by a 10 year old kid.

Then I saw the author was RunningJumper so I wasn't really surprised.

1 star for you.

lol @ novak surpassing ray Allen, your talking about the leader in 3's pointers, has a championship, plays defense and closed out plenty of games through out his career. Not a chance Novak has surpassed ray allen

I do think Novak would give Ray Allen a run for his money in a shootout though.

as a Knick fan NOVAK>>RAY ALLEN, but in reality Ray Allen is light years ahead of Novak IMO.

you should check in w somebody before you post theories like this runningj.

ray allen is a great shooter, but also a multifaceted talent. he can score, defend and also set up teammates. maybe not on the level he used to but he's still very good.

novak is not in his class, not even close.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    I don't know if this a sarcastic thread. But the idea that novak has surpassed Allen is nuts. I love Novak but he's nothing more than a spot up shooter. Jesus Shuttlesworth still got some game in those legs. Still running around, scroring off the dribble, and playing decent D. Ray is shooting almost 49% from 3 and 48% from the field.
    Damn, that's crazy...I'm gonna say no.

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    You think.

Maybe Novakaine is no RA but he's come up bigger in games than Melo and Stat for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Novak surpassing Allen, Shump being Wade 2.0, Lintendo being more useful point guard than Rondo... who's next? Carmelo playing better defense than LeBron? Amare being a better Love? Chandler surpassing Howard? Calm down folks.
    Lin is miles better than Rondo. That's why they're on the verge of being a lottery team and trying to trade him.

Shumpert will be better than Wade early next year.

Chandler is more of a winner than Howard.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    you should check in w somebody before you post theories like this runningj.

ray allen is a great shooter, but also a multifaceted talent. he can score, defend and also set up teammates. maybe not on the level he used to but he's still very good.

novak is not in his class, not even close.
    Wasn't a theory. Was legit asking anybody who watched enough of Allen this season.

Their efficiency is pretty close, and Allen has more skills in other areas. Who would you rather have for this team though? Novak is lighting it up quickly. Allen is playing 33.9 mpg, Novak 15.6. Novak is averaging 8 ppg, Allen 14.8.

You don't have to tell me about Allen's accolades, leadership, and whatever else. Fact is, Novak is playing less than half of his minutes, making major contributions, we're moving up, and Allen's team is moving down. Not blaming it on Allen, but let's let's not get ahead of ourselves hear and say Allen is beyond better than Novak now, at least if he was on this team.

Korver plays the same offensive game as Allen, I like Korver more, but Allen is better. I'm not being biased, Novak has been pretty damn impressive lately.

Who would you rather have on this team? The team is pretty deep, so I'll take Novak's money shot without needing a lot of time rather than Ray's veteran leadership and other intangibles. Plus I think Novak hasn't been bad defensively and is at least a decent rebounder.

Superstar

He might be the best 3 point shooter in the game right now. But thats as far as it goes. That is not a bad thing at all, he is awesome, but Ray Allen has a better overall game than Novak. He is a good passer and can hit shots off the dribble and isn't that bad on D.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    He might be the best 3 point shooter in the game right now. But thats as far as it goes. That is not a bad thing at all, he is awesome, but Ray Allen has a better overall game than Novak. He is a good passer and can hit shots off the dribble and isn't that bad on D.
    Ryan Anderson is the best 3 point shooter in the game right now... Novak is creeping up though

Novak has done something that Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Mark Price and Steve Kerr, Rashard Lewis and Anthony Mason have never done in their NBA careers which is make a 3 pointer for the New York Knicks.

Not sure about Ray Allen but he's better than the Celtics' old teammate, Allan Ray, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    lol @ novak surpassing ray Allen, your talking about the leader in 3's pointers, has a championship, plays defense and closed out plenty of games through out his career. Not a chance Novak has surpassed ray allen

I do think Novak would give Ray Allen a run for his money in a shootout though.

as a Knick fan NOVAK>>RAY ALLEN, but in reality Ray Allen is light years ahead of Novak IMO.
    Yea basically this

threads like this is why other teams fanbases mock us knick fans....

i'm just saying

Originally Posted by fender0577
    This guy is an idiot.

If your a believer that Novak is better than Ray maybe you should become a fan of Hockey or something. Ray is a hall of famer, most likely the best pure shooter of all time. Novak is nothing more than a hyped up Eddie house/ Quentin Richardson. Again if your eye can read my words I said I'm a fan of Novak, but to think he's better than RA is just silly.

Numbers don't lie: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by CoolRunnings; Mar 02, 2012 at 02:57.

Even though my answer is no, the OP is talking about CURRENT RAY ALLEN.

CURRENT shouldn't including anything from past seasons.

That's like trying to say current Tim Duncan is the best PF in the game today.