Has Novak surpassed current Ray Allen?

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Novak is a perfect fit for the Knicks.
With the 2 prima donnas (Melo & Stat) on this team, we need a willing elite 3 point shooter coming off the bench to play 10-15 minutes.

K.R.U.L.

Rookie
Lin is miles better than Rondo. That's why they're on the verge of being a lottery team and trying to trade him.

Shumpert will be better than Wade early next year.

Chandler is more of a winner than Howard.

Holy fu*king sh*t :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

KingCharles34

All Star
Holy fu*king sh*t :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

C'mon fam, seriously. Rondo never had a stretch like Linsanity, just wait until Lin gets back. People will forget about Rondo the same way Shumpert will make casual fans forget about Dwayne Wade.

I'd compare Wade 2 seasons from now to the current Vince Carter, but at least Vince still gets his respect as the GOAT dunker.

Wade will be remembered as the guy that got a championship gift wrapped to him by Dallas back in 06, the guy who got injured all the time, the guy that choked in the 2011 finals, the guy that only got one ring, and the guy that became Shumperts b*tch

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
C'mon fam, seriously. Rondo never had a stretch like Linsanity, just wait until Lin gets back. People will forget about Rondo the same way Shumpert will make casual fans forget about Dwayne Wade.

I'd compare Wade 2 seasons from now to the current Vince Carter, but at least Vince still gets his respect as the GOAT dunker.

Wade will be remembered as the guy that got a championship gift wrapped to him by Dallas back in 06, the guy who got injured all the time, the guy that choked in the 2011 finals, the guy that only got one ring, and the guy that became Shumperts b*tch

Funnily enough the situation Rondo and Novak are in is so similar. Basically speaking, they are both in the perfect situation for their talents and are both somewhat overrated. If Rondo was in any other team i don't think he would have had the same success, Novak is a brilliant role player not a starter.

So no, Novak shouldn't start. He is a perfect fit for the Knicks in his current role. I just hope we can keep him next year, will anyone else overpay for him?

source24

Rookie
Novak surpassing Allen, Shump being Wade 2.0, Lintendo being more useful point guard than Rondo... who's next? Carmelo playing better defense than LeBron? Amare being a better Love? Chandler surpassing Howard? Calm down folks. :lol:

This.

These guys are playing great, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. We have a great team. Let's just focus on developing chemistry and playing well going into the playoffs.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I don't know if this a sarcastic thread. But the idea that novak has surpassed Allen is nuts. I love Novak but he's nothing more than a spot up shooter. Jesus Shuttlesworth still got some game in those legs. Still running around, scroring off the dribble, and playing decent D. Ray is shooting almost 49% from 3 and 48% from the field.

Novak's percentage after the all star game is 48.3% (from 3). I thought that was league high.

His defense is rather weak though, if that's what you were talking about. :)

p0nder

Starter
Novak is the best 3pt shooter and perhaps shooter in the NBA right now.

Also his Discount double check is amazing. Is he better then current ray ray? nah, not as a basketball player. but as a shooter and entertainer, yes.

I was encouraged when he did a pump fake in the 4th, dribbled two feet to the left and drained the shot. That's the kind of basketball move you want to be able to rely on as a long range bomber, so props to that, but he isn't going to "create" his open shot like ray ray or melo can and therefore isn't the same threat on the court. still if you team can get you an open look, i'd rather have novak then ray taking it.

At this point, on the Knicks, for the money they make, Novak gets the nod.