Has Novak surpassed current Ray Allen?

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I don't know if this a sarcastic thread. But the idea that novak has surpassed Allen is nuts. I love Novak but he's nothing more than a spot up shooter. Jesus Shuttlesworth still got some game in those legs. Still running around, scroring off the dribble, and playing decent D. Ray is shooting almost 49% from 3 and 48% from the field.

p0nder

Starter
Novak is a terrible defender. He gets a pass from most fans cause most people only watch the box scores. In terms of shooting ability/stats i'd say novak gets more usage and more 3's per game right now, but as far as who you would rather have on your team? Ray ray gets the nod.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know if this a sarcastic thread. But the idea that novak has surpassed Allen is nuts. I love Novak but he's nothing more than a spot up shooter. Jesus Shuttlesworth still got some game in those legs. Still running around, scroring off the dribble, and playing decent D. Ray is shooting almost 49% from 3 and 48% from the field.
How is it sarcastic? Novak has been absolute money.

A better question is who would be better for this team. Ray Allen runs around and nails shots quickly, but I've seen him go cold in games, don't know about this season. Novak seems to be the second best shooter in the league when he gets a shot off (Dirk is the best, and Nash doesn't take a lot of shots so it's hard to judge him).

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Novak is a terrible defender. He gets a pass from most fans cause most people only watch the box scores. In terms of shooting ability/stats i'd say novak gets more usage and more 3's per game right now, but as far as who you would rather have on your team? Ray ray gets the nod.
I thought he's been decent on D (and rebounding) when I've paid attention to him on that side.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
How is it sarcastic? Novak has been absolute money.

A better question is who would be better for this team. Ray Allen runs around and nails shoots quickly, but I've seen him go cold in games, don't know about this season. Novak seems to be the second best shooter in the league when he gets a shot off (Dirk is the best, and Nash doesn't take a lot of shots so it's hard to judge him).

I only asked if it was sarcastic because there have been threads like that lately. Now if the question is who is better for our Knicks team, than I have to agree Novak is our man. What novak is doing is incredible, if we could get a stat on him for per 15 min, he would probably average 15 points.

I have to admit Ray has been one of my fav players for the last decade, so if my previous comment came off a little bias sorry. haha

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Novack has never played consistent minutes up until this point.

Let him play at his minutes for the rest of the season, and then I will answer your question.

Christ the guy has played like 10 games and you're anointing him better than Ray Allen. Ridiculous.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Novack has never played consistent minutes up until this point.

Let him play at his minutes for the rest of the season, and then I will answer your question.

Christ the guy has played like 10 games and you're anointing him better than Ray Allen. Ridiculous.

He didn't claim he's better than Ray Allen, he said "current Ray Allen."

iJoe

Rotation player
They play two different positions so you really shouldn't compare the two. Allen also has a bit more to his repertoire than just shooting threes.

Novak is more of a better Kyle Korver. He has one specialty and he does it well enough to be valuable.

Knicks switch a LOT on defense. When Novak gets stuck guarding someone quicker or bigger of course he's going to look bad sometimes on defense. Happens a lot on our team.

petescud

Starter
He's no Ray Allen but he has improved his all around game, and is a recent spark for us. Its contagious when guys are having fun. We finally have gotten to the point of having fun playing together. Now if we can be more consistant game to game

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Novak surpassing Allen, Shump being Wade 2.0, Lintendo being more useful point guard than Rondo... who's next? Carmelo playing better defense than LeBron? Amare being a better Love? Chandler surpassing Howard? Calm down folks. :lol:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
The whole idea of this thread seemed ridiculous and stupid, like it was made by a 10 year old kid.

Then I saw the author was RunningJumper so I wasn't really surprised.

1 star for you.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
lol @ novak surpassing ray Allen, your talking about the leader in 3's pointers, has a championship, plays defense and closed out plenty of games through out his career. Not a chance Novak has surpassed ray allen

I do think Novak would give Ray Allen a run for his money in a shootout though.

as a Knick fan NOVAK>>RAY ALLEN, but in reality Ray Allen is light years ahead of Novak IMO.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
you should check in w somebody before you post theories like this runningj.

ray allen is a great shooter, but also a multifaceted talent. he can score, defend and also set up teammates. maybe not on the level he used to but he's still very good.

novak is not in his class, not even close.

fender0577

Rotation player
Damn, that's crazy...I'm gonna say no.