Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerome Jordan sent to DLeague

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Default Jerome Jordan sent to DLeague

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

New York Knickerbockers Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations and Interim General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has reassigned center Jerome Jordan to the Erie Bayhawks of the NBA Development League

Howard Beck: Knicks assign Jerome Jordan to D-League affiliate in Erie. When he comes back, he will sleep on Landry's couch and average 8 assists.

This is a very good move to get the kid some playing time to develop.

They need to send Dougie to the D-League with him, so he can gain some confidence in himself.

Very disappointed with TD this season, i was looking forward to a TD/SHUMP defensive juggernaut backcourt. I remember Dougie used to have the beast mode full court pressure D... what happened man.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    They need to send Dougie to the D-League with him, so he can gain some confidence in himself.

Very disappointed with TD this season, i was looking forward to a TD/SHUMP defensive juggernaut backcourt. I remember Dougie used to have the beast mode full court pressure D... what happened man.
    His height and inability to play decent pg minutes was always going to be his downfall.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    His height and inability to play decent pg minutes was always going to be his downfall.
    his height? he's 6'2, During the Felton/Stat era TD came off the bench backing up Felton and did a fairly good job at it. He's not a PG but, he attempted to play more like a PG last season than he's done this season, Before his injury he was actually pretty consistent with his jumper and a reliable backup. Im not saying give TD a $hit load of mins, im saying he would of been useful for defensive purposes if he were playing the same way he played last season during the stat/felton era

After the trade when billups went down, we went on a winning streak when TD got the start. He has the Ability to become a PG, if he really worked at it. Deep down he'll probably always be a SG, but with the right mentor i have no doubt he can develop PG skills
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 02, 2012 at 15:38.

Veteran

Expected this with Jorts coming back. They should trade Douglas if they can, dude is not going to see the floor again this season. It'll be hard to deal him though, a bad PG and undersized SG whose shot is broken, who would want him?

I don't know man, but your sig is gonna' give someone a seizure!

sigh... inevitable. hopefully the next step won't be he gets signed by another team and shines... Corey Brewer's looking pretty good these days...

guess the Knicks want to see if JerryJo can play in a game situation, as opposed to practices. if he excels, perhaps they'll bring him back for Jeromania... good luck!

Originally Posted by unloopme
    I don't know man, but your sig is gonna' give someone a seizure!
    lol im always messing with different sigs, i dont like that felton & purp is in this one though, im about to change it

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Expected this with Jorts coming back. They should trade Douglas if they can, dude is not going to see the floor again this season. It'll be hard to deal him though, a bad PG and undersized SG whose shot is broken, who would want him?
    Minny would take him, they have a fetish for undersized guys.

his height? he's 6'2, During the Felton/Stat era TD came off the bench backing up Felton and did a fairly good job at it. He's not a PG but, he attempted to play more like a PG last season than he's done this season, Before his injury he was actually pretty consistent with his jumper and a reliable backup. Im not saying give TD a $hit load of mins, im saying he would of been useful for defensive purposes if he were playing the same way he played last season during the stat/felton era

After the trade when billups went down, we went on a winning streak when TD got the start. He has the Ability to become a PG, if he really worked at it. Deep down he'll probably always be a SG, but with the right mentor i have no doubt he can develop PG skills
    He's not 6'2" and certain pg skills you just can't teach. He just doesn't have the ability to view the game that way. We've got PLENTY of proof regarding this so please don't make this a huge deal man.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    He's not 6'2" and certain pg skills you just can't teach. He just doesn't have the ability to view the game that way. We've got PLENTY of proof regarding this so please don't make this a huge deal man.
    6'1, 6'2 whatever "he puts on his sneakers he's 6'2" im not making it a big deal, Im not saying he needs Amazing pg skills and im not saying he can become ricky rubio. He's been playing under Dantoni his career he had the green light to do what ever he pleases on the court. "Felton" "billups" aren't the exact kind of chucking combo guards you can learn from. Im saying if we were to put a DEFENSIVE LINEUP on the court TD would of been a nice addition IF he were Playing the Same way he played Last season. lol what does low PG IQ skills have to do with getting Defensive stops?
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 02, 2012 at 16:46.

It's not the end of the world. He can be recalled pretty quickly. I hear the Mavs just sent Lamar to their D-League for one game.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    ...The Bobcats

It's definately better for a player to gain some playing time on an NBDL team than become a permanent bench warmer in the NBA.

Veteran

Being we have a BUM-headcoach Dantoni who started every game for 4 seasons without a game-plan....I have nothing negative to say about Toney Douglas performance with two super star players Stat & Melo who dont co-exist on offense or defense.
    History shows Dantoni did not have to coach the backcourt of PG-Nash, SG-J.Johnson, or SG-Bell (they all had postseason experience before meeting Dantoni).

7.0 Jerome Jordan were suppose to receive 8 to 12 minutes of playingtime each game during the time Stat & Melo were out. The few minutes Jordan did receive he did well on defense, rebounding, and setting screens for Lin.

I guess it wouldnt have looked to good for Dantoni to give playingtime to 3 DNP players....especially when Lin-Sanity made such an outstanding impression to Knicks fans by changing the dimension of Knicks B.ball, and adding a player that is 10 times better than Shawn Willams in Steve Novak who gives relentless defense pressure, movement without the ball, plus being the peremeter shooter u look for when the shot clock has 3 seconds left (catch n shoot like Allan Houston).
    I guess giving playingtime to Jerome Jordan wouldve lead to Jordan jellin with Jefferies to grab 5+ rebounds, a blockshot, a put back in 12 minutes of playingtime.
    Reports of the 2nd unit out playing the starters in practice should not surprise anyone, especially when the 2nd unit had C-Jordan, or C-Jorts out rebounding Stat.