Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics GDT

Thumbs up

Nice threadage!

Definitely a winner, and an early GT is a good GT. Thank you.

● Regarding Lin VS Rondo, I think Lin will be in a bit of strife 1 on 1. His defense has been a little suspect man to man, and if there are heady PGs in this league, Rondo is one of them.

As a result I think Fields will see less time on the court, as Shumpert comes in to harass Rondo with Lin switching his defensive role.

Fields has Ray Allenitis. Speaking of faggots, Ray Allen has always been the straw that breaks our collective camel's back, and will need to be bodied hard on defense.

Nice thread, CA7........Loving the effort.

Here's the yahoo! preview for some in death information.
    __________________________________________________ _

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Boston Celtics have been finding their past-their-prime label hard to shake while carving out a reputation as the NBA’s streakiest team over the first two months.

Right now, they’re on a run they’ll happily accept.

The Celtics try to make it four consecutive wins Sunday at TD Garden in their first extended look at Jeremy Lin, whose New York Knicks showed off some impressive depth in their return from the All-Star break.

Boston started the season with three straight losses, including one at New York on Christmas Day for its lone defeat in the past 11 meetings, and has suffered two five-game skids in the same season for the first time since 2006-07.

It’s also put together three four-game winning streaks, and it’s on the verge of another after heading into the break with five straight defeats. After returning with consecutive tight wins over Cleveland and Milwaukee, the Celtics (18-17) rolled past New Jersey 107-94 on Friday despite missing Ray Allen.

“We were mentally kind of worn down going into the break those last couple of weeks. Playing so many games and having so many inconsistencies,” said Paul Pierce, who had 27 points and eight assists. “It just gave us a chance to go into the break, refresh ourselves, and come back with a positive outlook on the second half. And it’s showing out there on the court.”

The last time Boston saw the Knicks (18-18) was Feb. 3, a 91-89 home win that was the second two-point contest between the Atlantic Division rivals this season.

That also was the last game before New York became caught up in Linsanity, as the point guard from Harvard came off the bench to lead the way to a victory over New Jersey the next day.

Lin’s worst game since his emergence came immediately before the break, an eight-point, eight-turnover effort in a loss to Miami on Feb. 23, but he bounced back with 19 points and 13 assists in a 120-103 win over Cleveland on Wednesday.

The Knicks trailed by 12 at halftime but outscored the Cavaliers 71-42 in the second half. Thirty-eight of those points came from a bench that’s suddenly looking much deeper and healthier with the addition of J.R. Smith, the return of Baron Davis and the rise of Steve Novak.

“I think our second unit did an awesome job,” Lin said. “I think we’ve been talking a lot about our depth and tonight we definitely got to see the depth, and so that’s going to be a strength of ours and we need to continue to use that.”

New York’s second unit has provided very little against Boston. The Knicks’ bench has been outscored 55-24 in the two meetings while shooting 23.5 percent.

After averaging just 15.0 points in his first three games after returning from a groin injury, Carmelo Anthony had 22 on Wednesday.

There’s a good chance he’ll fare even better against the Celtics. Anthony has averaged 31.5 points in the teams’ two meetings this season, getting to the foul line 25 times.

Allen, who had flu-like symptoms Friday, is expected to return Sunday, but center Jermaine O’Neal (wrist) is out. Guard Avery Bradley, who sprained his ankle Friday, says he’ll be ready to play.

If Bradley is limited, Rajon Rondo may have to play particularly heavy minutes - not that Doc Rivers would necessarily mind. The Celtics have averaged 29.3 assists since the break, including 11.3 from Rondo, and had a season-high 35 Friday.

“Two games in a row the offensive execution for Rondo has been off the charts,” Rivers told the team’s official Twitter feed.

Including last season’s playoff series, Rondo has averaged 20.8 points and 11.8 assists in his past five games against the Knicks.

__________________________________________________ __

29 assists per game. Damn. They're playing well, and we need to beat these **** bag a-holes to get ahead of them on the ladder and gain momentum for the short remainder of the season.

**** I hate Boston.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I will be on a flight from San Juan to Miami during the game, so I will know once I land if the Knicks will get revenge on these azzholez. But im on my way to see Tyson get his ring at Dallas on Tuesday at American Airlines Center, so that compensates.

There is no team I despise more right now than KG, Pierce and these suckaz from Beantown. No less than a 20point beatdown will satisfy my hunger. I want to see them humiliated on their home floor, humbled to the point where they admit that the Knicks will be the one team no one wants to face in the playoffs. And I agree with those that say that Dantoni will pair up Davis and Lin if the Cs start doubling Lin at halfcourt.

Its the start of a tough week for the Bockers and Im looking foreard to see them grow on the road against the likes of the Mavs and Spurs. Mst get a jumpstart and take over the 7th spot with a massacre... 110 - 89 would be righteous

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by portega1968
    I will be on a flight from San Juan to Miami during the game, so I will know once I land if the Knicks will get revenge on these azzholez. But im on my way to see Tyson get his ring at Dallas on Tuesday at American Airlines Center, so that compensates.

There is no team I despise more right now than KG, Pierce and these suckaz from Beantown. No less than a 20point beatdown will satisfy my hunger. I want to see them humiliated on their home floor, humbled to the point where they admit that the Knicks will be the one team no one wants to face in the playoffs. And I agree with those that say that Dantoni will pair up Davis and Lin if the Cs start doubling Lin at halfcourt.

Its the start of a tough week for the Bockers and Im looking foreard to see them grow on the road against the likes of the Mavs and Spurs. Mst get a jumpstart and take over the 7th spot with a massacre... 110 - 89 would be righteous
    good post.

Yeah I usually fear boston (I admit..) heading into a mathcup with them but this time its almost completely nonexistant. I feel like we can and should blow them out tomorrow no homerism

It's weird that Fields doesn't even get a mention....

What??? A Boston thread without obligatory motivational pictures?? Blasphemy!!

Etc

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    It's weird that Fields doesn't even get a mention....
    I just dont feel he'll play a big part, he doesn't do well against Boston and usually gets benched

Originally Posted by smokes
    What??? A Boston thread without obligatory motivational pictures?? Blasphemy!!

Etc
    sorry wasnt part of my theme

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Nice thread but you forgot about Jeffries in Mobb Deep

there you go, I had to make one LOL

You ****ers better beat those ****ers! I'm staying up for 3:00am tip off and am taking the morning off.

I feel you bro, most of Knicks games start at 1:30AM here...

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Yeah I usually fear boston (I admit..) heading into a mathcup with them but this time its almost completely nonexistant. I feel like we can and should blow them out tomorrow no homerism
    Well hopefully our talent finally adds up to a win.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickscity
    I'm really not that concerned with Rondo.

He is a vastly better defender, but he has to orchestrate on the other end unlike Chalmers or Cole.

Chances are we'll see a little of our two pg tandem on the floor.

The two PG tandem (Lin & Davis) I dont want to see untill the postseason.
    We have two dynamic combo-guards (JR & Shump) that need as much playingtime possible with each PG to build a 48 minute GELLIN backcourt within these 30 games.
    This Boston game in Boston we will have to test our 3-guard offense....
    Lin/Fields/Shump and BDiddy/JR/Shump

Playing both PG together means a short rotation....I dont like short rotation that is why I didnt aprove of hiring Dantoni....I want all 5 of our guards to receive double-diget minutes of playingtime throughout the remainder of this season.

Bout time we bet them on their homecourt!

Come on Knicks!

2 keys to victory for us:

- Lin vs Rondo on offense and defense.

- Melo's defense vs Pierce

If both go our way or atleast the second one, while we keep Garnett and Allen quiet, the victoury will be ours

Superstar

Nice thread, but who's the girl, CA7?I must know.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Nice thread, but who's the girl, CA7?I must know.
    Alexis Texas cant get enough of her videos lmao