Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1020343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics GDT

I heard Coaching For Dummies is on sale.

honestly I could care less who starts but I hate who finishes games

damn the 'dicks!

Originally Posted by smokes
    Amare and Melo were ok out there, Melo was awesome in the fourth. But both of them non-existant in the third, seriously your two biggest players can't get a bucket in an entire quarter while the Celtics big players are putting up insane numbers.

There were so many little things in this game that piled up. Lin had a crap game overall but he did help us to take that lead late in the 4th. RE him getting trapped at half court, Dallas did the same thing and he went off on them, not sure why he has struggled with it so much vs Heat/Celtics.
    Melo got his 4th floul in the 3rd before he even attempted a shot. Lol @guys not even watching the game and trying to comment.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo got in foul trouble and D'Antoni put in the whole bench early which is why they didn't have any production, then D'Antoni didn't put them back in until half way through the 4th

yes the little things killed us

major things

Lin TO's
    Davis TO's
    STAT and Melo gettting hammered and no calls
    no Tyson for most of the 4th
    Shumpert's tech
    switching on D
    not fouling Pierce
    letting Rondo roll the ball up the court
    transition D
    no in game adjustments
    I lost my voice, yelling at the TV, the whole 4th, this guy(antoni) is the last move, that needs to be made, so we can compete for the title.

Dantoni needs to buy:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I lost my voice, yelling at the TV, the whole 4th, this guy(antoni) is the last move, that needs to be made, so we can compete for the title.
    that lack of size killed us I was furious

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    damn the 'dicks!
    @ pic

Superstar

Default Agree

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Why did we not foul before Pierce's 3??? D'Antoni just kills me with those decisions.
    I was saying the same thing. Foul him prior to him even setting up for his shot and he goes to the line for 2. I like our chances alot more with him at the line trying to make 1 and miss the 2nd on purpose with under 5 seconds left.

No way should Pierce be allowed to take that shot. he was killing Iman, Lin and Davis all game on that same shot. CRAZY. We had that game in the bag after being down 15, made a comeback with chance to get within 3, then went down 8or10 again at 88 or 90-80. Then make a fierce comeback on the road and had it nailed down but allowed them to get to OT. OT on the road almost always favors the Home team. Especially when the Home team just hit a HUGE shot when we thought we had game won and took wind out of our sails. This loss is on the COACH.... AGAIN

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Melo got his 4th floul in the 3rd before he even attempted a shot. Lol @guys not even watching the game and trying to comment.
    I watched the whole second half, yeah he picked up 4 fouls early what is your point? I was making an observation about why we lost it wasn't a criticism of your precious Melo so what's your problem?

Veteran

We really laid an egg the 3rd quarter. I have no idea how the team came out so flat, but they did, and it was painful as hell to watch.

Why was J.R. Smith in for Novak or whoever near the end of the 4th? It was completely random.

Superstar

seems like we will never beat this team no matter how old they are. They are looking to break up this team by trading Rondo and making major decisions cause of the ages of the key players yet we have this new team in place being so deep with that Bench we have and STILL cant beat them. Id have to say at this point hovering around .500 or just under that we wont go far in playoffs. We would ahve to get to at least 4th IMO to be able to win that first round. I dont see us beating Miami, Bulls or Orlando in First round. Maybe just maybe we can stretch out the Hawks and win that series in the 4vs5 but we would get miami or bulls in 2nd round anyway. I really thought we would go in there today and destroy them. Kinda like a changing of the Guard thing like Melo was saying. and when we were down 9 early and then stormed back to go up by 12 we were making boston look bad on their home court and i thought wow maybe we are turning the corner. not

Man I'm hoping for Amar'e to keep doing what he did this game and get in better physical (and mental?) shape. I'm waiting for him to shove it down someone's throat.

Veteran

Amar'e did not have the greatest game offensively but I'll take Amar'e with 13 rebounds and 16 points over Amar'e with 25 points and 8 rebounds any day of the week