Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MDA does it again...

Superstar

You know your gonna get some lunatics in here, defending this retarded coach right.Let the fireworks begin, lol.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    4.9 seconds and you draw up the sh*ttiest play ive ever seen.
    You called that a designed play?

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    You called that a designed play?
    Yes.Thats D'Antoni's most prized play.
    Have Melo shoot with forward momentum and have his body at a 45 degree angle.
    You could recognize it? its been our final play all year.

I just started the same thread. I didnt know we were ranting over here.

a) We had no fouls to give.
    b) PP should have never been allowed to shoot that 3. NEVER. That's basic basketball.
    c) MDA is brain dead...

Even with no fouls to give they have no more timeouts. We foul they make 1. Now Doc has to make the call, purposely miss 1 in hopes of a rebound. To me, all those "stars" are harder to align then a PP34 3ptr.

That was a terrible coaching decision didn't understand why he didn't foul either

MDA never decides to foul in clutch situations... guy is just clueless, our games depend on Lin's performance, Lin having tough times = Knicks losing, you can't expect our stars to step up because of their inconsistent play and you can't count on the coach who simply does nothing... D'Antoni has no clue how to make this whole thing work, we're 2-3 since Carmelo got back and that's absolutely not up to CA who has tough times but tries his best, but up to coach who doesn't know how to make a team out of Amare, Lin and Carmelo.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    MDA never decides to foul in clutch situations... guy is just clueless, our games depend on Lin's performance, Lin having tough times = Knicks losing, you can't expect our stars to step up because of their inconsistent play and you can't count on the coach who does nothing...

Your actually right but it's more so MDA offense relies on his Point Guards to have atleast a decent game, if the starting PG plays bad this Knicks struggle badly. So in essence Lin is really the most important player on the team.

Superstar

As long as antoni, lives in NY, we are doomed, where are all of antoni lovers now?Even they can't defend this retard.

People swear he an offense Genius so I guess Doc Rivers is Offensive God cause every time he plays Coach Silly Ass he draw up the best plays in the most clutch time to beat the NY Knicks..last playoffs Game 1 n 2 with help of KG tripping guys..but out bound alley oop n today plays show he is a strategist for last 20 sec. of games...n Mike never does..EVER!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    We foul they make 1. Now Doc has to make the call, purposely miss 1 in hopes of a rebound. To me, all those "stars" are harder to align then a heavily contested PP34 3ptr.
    Pierce hits the 3, generally speaking, at a .370 clip (being generous). We could find a way to find a lower, truer % given it was a well contested shot, but I'll throw a bone.

What some of the rubes here fail to realize (or just don't want to admit) is that even if Pierce makes the shot, we have a very reasonable chunk of time to win the game outright on a final possession -- in Melo's hands.

Maybe the most clutch, pure scorer on the planet.

In the worst situation (another bone I'll toss y'all's way) our % of making any score on the final play is tantamount to the very shot Pierce/they were forced into attempting.

Even then, assuming they make and we miss....we don't lose, and can look to outplay them in OT.

These types of things have profound ramifications when you look to the two plays, and decide to say which is best, and which is best by how much.

And, if you recall, we stormed them in the 4th, particularly the end, overcoming a 9pt deficit and simply outplaying them -- on the back of excellent play by Melo, no less -- leading up to the point they were put in the horrible position to have a chance at even tying the game in OT.

Idk, the alternative route of fouling could be a very marginally superior % play. My guess it isn't. But I really don't know.

I do you many of you are just fronting and hating, and either don't know what you're talking about, or are going out of your way to willfully simplify this scenario to a laughable extent, to prove the long-standing goal of "MDA is an idiot'.

Superstar

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Pierce hits the 3, generally speaking, at a .370 clip (being generous). We could find a way to find a lower, truer % given it was a well contested shot, but I'll throw a bone.

What some of the rubes here fail to realize (or just don't want to admit) is that even if Pierce makes the shot, we have a very reasonable chunk of time to win the game outright on a final possession -- in Melo's hands.

Maybe the most clutch, pure scorer on the planet.

In the worst situation (another bone I'll toss y'all's way) our % of making any score on the final play is tantamount to the very shot Pierce/they were forced into attempting.

Even then, assuming they make and we miss....we don't lose, and can look to outplay them in OT.

These types of things have profound ramifications when you look to the two plays, and decide to say which is best, and which is best by how much.

And, if you recall, we stormed them in the 4th, particularly the end, overcoming a 9pt deficit and simply outplaying them -- on the back of excellent play by Melo, no less -- leading up to the point they were put in the horrible position to have a chance at even tying the game in OT.

Idk, the alternative route of fouling could be a very marginally superior % play. My guess it isn't. But I really don't know.

I do you many of you are just fronting and hating, and either don't know what you're talking about, or are going out of your way to willfully simplify this scenario to a laughable extent, to prove the long-standing goal of "MDA is an idiot'.
    But don't you always take the superior play, no matter how very marginal.

It's pretty much a call that is different from coach to coach. MDA is not the only coach in the NBA who doesn't foul when up 3. It's really a choice of personal preference.

I prefer to foul in that situation because we do have a lot of good FT shooters, it seems like the right play to me. But it's not like the whole game came down to that 1 play, there were a ton of different things that combined for us to come out with the L and only a few can be attributed to coaching.

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    But don't you always take the superior play, no matter how very marginal.
    Yes, 100%. You always should, no matter how marginal, even if it feels uncomfortable.

But idk if it even is superior. For one, you'd need %s on rates of recovering an "intentional" missed free throw, which I got no clue about.

Fouling might be weaker...I think the sequence of evidence I laid is fairly powerful, and points to us having been placed in a supremely advantageous scenario with multiple paths to victory; including the fact we were simply outplaying BOS, especially in the 4th and to close the game out, so it's not like OT (in a absolute worse case scenario) is something we should think to be any worse than a 50% chance of winning even then.

Are there powerful arguments for why you should foul? Ya, I'm not denying that.

But outside of a few posts, if you read this thread, you would think it was as clear cut a choice as adding up 2+2 and saying it equals 4.

Whether we played poorly the entire game or not. Whether we had to many turnovers or not. Whether Rondo blew up or not. At 18.9 seconds left we had the game WON. You dont want to foul immediately? Fine, but with a 3 point lead the other team should never be given an attempt at a 3 to tie the game. Coaching staffs are quite often given the moniker of brain trust. No one on our sideline can make that claim...