Stat needs the ball more

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Is it me or do you think Stat needs to get the ball more? This is beyond the "he seems lost out there" argument. He needs confidence. Lin isn't a great PNR point guard. I like Lin, I really do and I like him playing for us. But, in order to be a true championship contender, we need a great point guard. I don't think Lin is that guy. He can play great most nights. But against the cream of the crop? Excellent defensive teams such as Boston, Philly, Miami, maybe Memphis, Chicago, I think he becomes an average looking point that struggles to get the offensive started.

To be honest, I don't watch Knicks games all day long and there are quite a few games that I missed (school and work and workouts and gf are time consuming), but I think this is our most glarring need, even more than a true shooting guard.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
lol-no.jpg

shaolin

Benchwarmer
So Dallas isn't a good defensive team?

Lol.

Dallas is, but they didn't pressure Lin like Miami and Boston did. I didn't see the whole game, but I saw most of the last quarter. Ehh, I like him anyway.

I dunno. I have a hard time believing that Stat is done. How do you go from being in the MVP discussions one year ago to being this bad? Not logical.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
STAT should get the ball more Lin misses him on the PnR and when he's open the majority of the time.

Most ppl are just gonna say no without really analyzing the game based on STAT having a down year, but if you really watch the game you'll notice how many times Lin misses an open STAT under the basket. I will say today he attempted to do a better job but the jury is still out on Lin. He's proven he can play against good teams at home but his two tests on the road so far he's failed.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Another the Knicks will never win a ring with this team if at some point STAT doesn't start getting the ball and dominating. So I don't know why some of you wouldn't want him to get the ball you should all want STAT to be the 2nd leading scorer and get a lot of touches.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Last 4 games STAT has shot 42 times while Lin has shot 50 times

Lin is trying to do too much and not playing poised like we need our PG to be

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Imo when BD gets fully healthy he should start not just because of this game or the Heat game but I just think Lin would flourish more with the 2nd unit like he did during his run and BD has more experience.

shaolin

Benchwarmer

My sediments exactly.

And why I wish we had a player like DWill. He would kill over here.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

D'Antoni probably gives him green light to do so the same way he allowed Carmelo to do anything he wanted and sooner than later it will turn against Lin like it turned against Anthony. MDA is supposed to control our players, but all what he does is to assign a playmaker and allow him to do everything what he thinks is right. This is why Carmelo struggled (he's slowly coming out of slump) and this is why Lins starts to struggle.

fender0577

Rotation player
STAT should be shooting more than LIN, C'mon.STAT, need to get in rhythm, but our offense has been so sporadic, it's hard for anyone, even melo to find a rhythm.I love LIN, but he's all over the place, so it's hard to get comfortable with him, he needs to slow down sometimes. It's STAT fault also, he wanders 20feet from the hoop, way to much, he needs to hang out on the baseline 90% of the time, and i guarantee he'll improve.Someone needs to tell him, layups help your jumper, not the other way around.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I wouldn't be surprised if you see more teams coming up and trapping Lin as soon as he cross half court it really bothers him.

I honestly feel like Lin was the main reason NY lost even with MDA bad coaching too many TO's not enough playmaking.

fender0577

Rotation player
I wouldn't be surprised if you see more teams coming up and trapping Lin as soon as he cross half court it really bothers him.

I honestly feel like Lin was the main reason NY lost even with MDA bad coaching too many TO's not enough playmaking.
OK, that's your opinion, but who left him in the game to do all that damage?I'm just saying, it doesn't take a genius, to see he was having a bad game, and sit him.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
OK, that's your opinion, but who left him in the game to do all that damage?I'm just saying, it doesn't take a genius, to see he was having a bad game, and sit him.

I agree MDA made some real mistakes but Lin sets the tone for team especially in MDA offense the PG is the most important player. When Baron was in the game even with MDA other bad coaching decisions NY looked fine everytime Lin came back out I felt nervous.

fender0577

Rotation player
I agree MDA made some real mistakes but Lin sets the tone for team especially in MDA offense the PG is the most important player. When Baron was in the game even with MDA other bad coaching decisions NY looked fine everytime Lin came back out I felt nervous.
I though the team look more stable, with BD running things, LIn was like a wild man out there at times, he scares me, but not as much as antoni.