View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

7 18.42%

2 5.26%

7 18.42%

10 26.32%

8 21.05%

2 5.26%

1 2.63%

1 2.63%
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21226272829303132

Thread: Knicks @ Dallas: Tuesday, March 6th, 8:30pm

I'd like to address a couple of issues:

- Amare played great, could make more of an impact defensively, but defense has always been an issue and nobody really believes that will ever change. 55% shooting, 26 points and 7 boards. Probably his best game this season. But it's much too early to say whether he's back.

- Carmelo played garbage, probably a night off. He looked completely lost, sometimes he was invisible and it seemed we play 4 against 5. Hopefully he'll be doing better tonight. 17% shooting is unacceptable. I appreciate his effort at boards though.

- Lin has to understand if his shot isn't falling he has to stop chucking, there is too much of green light policy within this team. Baron wasn't nothing better though.

- JR looked complety out of control (again), dude didn't have any good game since his debut (also against the Mavs).

We're 2-4 since Carmelo's back, I still think it's not up to him, but up to coach, but guy needs to get his game back (together with Amare), we can't rely on Novak's shooting and Lin's comebacks.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    We're 2-4 since Carmelo's back [...].
    Just do the maths. He does not fit in, even if he is trying to. There is a reason why LJ4ptplay does not post any longer. He is like Cassandra. People just won't listen. Melo is one heck of a player but he does not fit in.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    did you not hear me say earlier, bench his ass this game because he couldn't hit, did you not read my threads saying he needs to do this and that to get better for the team

you guys are right he's playing like **** BUT like I said a player will only play as bad as a coach lets him

D'Antoni does not get him easy jumpers or lay ups, Lin isn't trying to get him easy shots, he looks for Fields more then Melo

also Melo is trying to fit in, which is a problem, he isn't playing his game due to the media bashing him over every missed shot and fans booing when he's trying to establish a rhythm

I've been a Melo fan since 01-02, I know more about his game then anybody, I know more about him then anybody so I will not let someone who doesn't see the truth just say a bunch of bull **** about him, we already have enough of that in the media

You seem more like an enamored lover then a fan........
    You never have to argue the point that Melo is an unbelievable offensive player.....I agree 100%.
    He is missing easy jump shots...............At this point it seems like a mental collapse......The nuggets have not suffered by losing him so dont get too carried away with Melo....

Nothing would make us happier to see him explode as he did in the game opener versus the celtics....

to me he seems lethargic on the court.....seems very pissy.....

Lets hope tonight is better.......

Originally Posted by skisloper
    You seem more like an enamored lover then a fan........
    You never have to argue the point that Melo is an unbelievable offensive player.....I agree 100%.
    He is missing easy jump shots...............At this point it seems like a mental collapse......The nuggets have not suffered by losing him so dont get too carried away with Melo....

Nothing would make us happier to see him explode as he did in the game opener versus the celtics....

to me he seems lethargic on the court.....seems very pissy.....

Lets hope tonight is better.......
    Word he is missing easy jump shots and making poor decisions... Like i said Melo needs his iso's every game it doesnt have to be like before pre Lin era but just a few per game because he is one of the best 1v1 players in the league.

I do believe Melo can fit in I just feel like he isnt buying in because he isnt taking his 20 30 shots per game... STAT looked great, his dunks, rebounds

Carmelo looks completely uninterested on the court and I'm asking myself: why is that so? Is he playing through injuries? Off the court issues? Lack of media attention? He had only 6 games with above 50% shooting, for example heavily criticized Amare scored above .500 in 11 games. Carmelo's per 36 numbers are horrible as for a player who used to be a TOP 5 small forward. Moreover, he has arguably the worst season in his entire career. I'm not going to say: "trade him!", but something has to be done and quickly, before he hurts this team more than helps.

I'd like to address a couple of issues:

- Amare played great, could make more of an impact defensively, but defense has always been an issue and nobody really believes that will ever change. 55% shooting, 26 points and 7 boards. Probably his best game this season. But it's much too early to say whether he's back.

- Carmelo played garbage, probably a night off. He looked completely lost, sometimes he was invisible and it seemed we play 4 against 5. Hopefully he'll be doing better tonight. 17% shooting is unacceptable. I appreciate his effort at boards though.

- Lin has to understand if his shot isn't falling he has to stop chucking, there is too much of green light policy within this team. Baron wasn't nothing better though.

- JR looked complety out of control (again), dude didn't have any good game since his debut (also against the Mavs).

We're 2-4 since Carmelo's back, I still think it's not up to him, but up to coach, but guy needs to get his game back (together with Amare), we can't rely on Novak's shooting and Lin's comebacks.
    There's the biggest issue right there. According to some, including Antoni and Lin himself, Lin is still learning. That's fine but if that's the case then you shouldn't be taking more shots than the 2 stars on your team. As PG your job is to get them going anyway you can. Did you see the way Kidd kept throwing the ball to Dirk in the post at one point? That was a PG knowing he needed to get his star player going.

Carmelo looks completely uninterested on the court and I'm asking myself: why is that so? Is he playing through injuries? Off the court issues? Lack of media attention? He had only 6 games with above 50% shooting, for example heavily criticized Amare scored above .500 in 11 games. Carmelo's per 36 numbers are horrible as for a player who used to be a TOP 5 small forward. Moreover, he has arguably the worst season in his entire career. I'm not going to say: "trade him!", but something has to be done and quickly, before he hurts this team more than helps.
    It puzzles me to see Melo playing like a role player ever since he got back. He is nowhere near the Melo that Knicks gutted the whole team for. I hope he is just recovering from injury. If he is having difficulties making adjustment to MDA's system, this team is not going very far.

Last night was a perfect example. When Knicks finally went ahead in the 4th quarter, Dirk rose up and closed the game out for the Mavs. Meanwhile, our superstar scored 6 points missing wideopen looks. This is not the Melo we know. This is not the Melo who made a name for himself by being a great offensive player. WTH is going on?

Veteran

Coach was a weak NBA PG, he is trying to relive his gory days through his former position. He knows little about winning in the NBA. The wins he was credited (as a coach) came solely off the talent and hard work of the players. His system is not the actual reason for the wins. He has at his disposal tremendous talent and uses them inconsistantly. This can easily be seen when watching the way this team is coached. The more he refuses to adapt to what he actually has... the more embarrassment and exposure he'll face...and rightfully so. We have a great team...everyone in the league knows this. There are no more logical excuses for him to use...blaming his premier players for not fitting in to a flawed system is an indication of denail, and it also exposes his coaching ability when dealing with adversity.

Angry Foul Move...

Jeremy is a HUGE target. Have you guys seen this?