Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im losing hope..

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rondo isnt that good.
    I'm going to have to respectfully, disagree, you put rondo on the KNICKS, and we win it all.The only thing you can say about him, is he can't shoot, that's it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I'm going to have to respectfully, disagree, you put rondo on the KNICKS, and we win it all.The only thing you can say about him, is he can't shoot, that's it.
    Not really. Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA. He's an athletic Brevin Knight.

Superstar

Not really. Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA. He's an athletic Brevin Knight.
    OK, we can agree, to disagree.

Rondo is not the best PG in the league, he cant really shoot all that well, but he is quick and is a fantastic passer with great court vision, thats a PG's job. Im just saying because Chandler is playing hurt and his injury is pretty bad and one more fall or hard swipe at his injured wrist will really mess **** up

rondo is an elite player.. you dont do wht he did against us n then get compared to brevin knight. very few players can dominate a game the way he did yesterday.

Rondo isnt that good.
    Neither is Mike...

D'Antoni that is.

Listen Mike, we can't have two wet behind the ears guards lead us into the playoffs.

**** Fields' confidence. Play the vets Davis & JR and let Lin & Fields EARN their minutes. There's 30 games left you schmuck, get em' ready.

Originally Posted by Red
    Neither is Mike...

D'Antoni that is.

Listen Mike, we can't have two wet behind the ears guards lead us into the playoffs.

**** Fields' confidence. Play the vets Davis & JR and let Lin & Fields EARN their minutes. There's 30 games left you schmuck, get em' ready.
    Did you really just say let Lin earn his minutes? Sir please turn off your computer and don't turn it on for a while

D Antoni has to start Shumpert over Fields starting tommorow or we are just going to struggle with the 1st unit

Anyone who watched ESPN probably saw them rank the top 5 point guards. Rondo wasnt on the list, which shows that its at least reasonable to say hes not top 5. But at the same time dont get it twisted, ESPN has very little if any credibility.

I had no problem with the players they had in their list, its the order i have issues with

Derick Rose
    Tony Parker
    Deron Williams
    Westbrook
    Chris Paul

Not sure if i got the list right, im assuming Westbrook is the player i couldnt remember but my problem is with Chris Paul at #5, hes gotta be top 3 in my opinion. I actually do have Rondo in my top 5 but at the bottom of it

Rose
    CP3
    DWill
    Westbrook
    Rondo

Rondo's biggest strength is his passing. If you dont box him out, hes capable of having big rebound numbers. If u dont play him physical once he gets near the paint, he can score alot. And if u go for his somewhat predictable fakes. Theres ways to limit him because of his poor shooting. Dantoni needs to take notes on what the Lakers do to slow him down. Put a shooting guard on him...

Look at what he does against the Lakers...only 1 game, but

14pts, 7asts, 2rbs

Now lets see what he averages in 3 games against the Knicks

18.7pts, 13.3asts, 9rbs

Hes also played 3 games against Detroit, heres his averages

16.3pts, 7asts, 3.3rbs

If you only watch rondo against the Knicks then u probably think hes an amazing player.

Dantoni needs to gather up his point guards and watch footage of what the Pistons do to slow Rondo down. The pacers are another team that knows how to slow him down. If u let Rondo play his game, you will get raped with no vaseline.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Completely agree. Any team with a physical defensive PG or good team defense make Rondo look more average. He's not near the same level as CP3/DWill/Rose/Westbrook

Whoa your bugging I hate Rondo and the C's but he is great PG. Great court vision, passing ability, ball handles, athleticism, defense, on court leadership only thing he can't do is shoot.

And Rondo is a better PG than Westbrook honestly Westbrook is just super athletic and can shoot a little better but Rondo is better in every other facet of the game he should be a top 5 pg

Anthony Carter would have taken Rondo to school.

Rondo always brings his A-game against us. Not sure why, but all throughout the playoffs last year (and the three regular season games against us this season) he always seems to play better.

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Chandler aggrivated his wrist again yesterday and now is playing with a really messed up hand, one more good slap or fall on that wrist and he is done for a long time... And we have no one to back him up or be the vocal leader he is...

Luckily the Eastern Conference is really weak and we could stay at the 8th seed ... Im feeling so negative right now what are we going to do
    this is what happens when you put hope in a no balls overrated coach, failure time and time again

Originally Posted by Eman
    Rondo always brings his A-game against us. Not sure why, but all throughout the playoffs last year (and the three regular season games against us this season) he always seems to play better.
    Its because theres really only been one Knick thats been able to slow down Rondo. Thats Jared Jeffries, but Mike D didnt put Jeffries on Rondo yesterday (from what I saw, i didnt watch most of the 3rd) and on Christmas day. Douglas got toyed with by Rondo last year in the playoffs. Lin showed potential but he had some bad lapses. I give Baron a pass since hes still not fully back, hes gettin there though.

there's always a guy on our roaster injured, Chandlers a grown a$$ man i'm sure he knows his limits regarding his wrist he's not going to overdue it. As long as the bulls stay in 1st i have no prob staying in 8th.

you see with the Heat there monsters on the offensive end and defensive end and there fast as hell. Not saying we cant beat them but, sure as hell wouldn't be a breeze.

With the Bulls they somewhat struggle offensively when Rose is not clicking, actually contain rose and the bulls are somewhat handicapped especially if boozer is off. I think we can upset them in a 7 game series.