Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: I haven't given up hope on Amare yet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default I haven't given up hope on Amare yet

    Did I say something unpopular again? I'm sorry to disrupt the flow of your day and make you shrug your head in dissappointment. Let me explain. Amare's days as a super-freak dunking on two people off two legs without a running start are over, but Amare isn't a dud. He needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game. His J will start falling on a regular basis and he will spread the court for Melo and Lin. He isn't going to give you ANYTHING on defense. At least Melo isn't a complete liability of defense. Actually, I'd argue that he is above average on D. But, I digress . . . this is about Amare - dude has some game left. He can average 17 and 7 the rest of the season (not including the other games played). I actually have no idea what his season stats are, and I'm not going to look it up. This isn't a statistical analysis. I'll leave it to the true duds (Hollinger) and his flawed model (his bullsh1t PER).

    To be fair, I know I don't watch the Knicks like most of ya, but I do think that Amare can still finish around the rim in many situations. One doesn't have to be a physical freak to finish around the rim on occasion. Just need to be smart!!! He needs to learn how to adjust his game to add longevity (and his productive years) to his career. And most importantly, you don't think a 38" standing vertical to get your shot off. At 6'11, you just need some space and a bunch of confidence. Amare has the ability to knock down shots. It's not like that part of his game will never come back. I think he'll have to be more of a jump shooting PF like a Bosh. He has guys that will attract the defense. I'd like to see more pick and pop with Amare.

  2. #2
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by shaolin
    Did I say something unpopular again? I'm sorry to disrupt the flow of your day and make you shrug your head in dissappointment. Let me explain. Amare's days as a super-freak dunking on two people off two legs without a running start are over, but Amare isn't a dud. He needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game. His J will start falling on a regular basis and he will spread the court for Melo and Lin. He isn't going to give you ANYTHING on defense. At least Melo isn't a complete liability of defense. Actually, I'd argue that he is above average on D. But, I digress . . . this is about Amare - dude has some game left. He can average 17 and 7 the rest of the season (not including the other games played). I actually have no idea what his season stats are, and I'm not going to look it up. This isn't a statistical analysis. I'll leave it to the true duds (Hollinger) and his flawed model (his bullsh1t PER).

    To be fair, I know I don't watch the Knicks like most of ya, but I do think that Amare can still finish around the rim in many situations. One doesn't have to be a physical freak to finish around the rim on occasion. Just need to be smart!!! He needs to learn how to adjust his game to add longevity (and his productive years) to his career. And most importantly, you don't think a 38" standing vertical to get your shot off. At 6'11, you just need some space and a bunch of confidence. Amare has the ability to knock down shots. It's not like that part of his game will never come back. I think he'll have to be more of a jump shooting PF like a Bosh. He has guys that will attract the defense. I'd like to see more pick and pop with Amare.

    Here's the Official Support Amare thread, where this belongs: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #3
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Here's the Official Support Amare thread, where this belongs: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    THIS! no offense to the OP but, there are threads for this, can we start posting things that are like developing News. Informational stuff not everyone might not be aware of. This thread will only bring attention and Rants from the ANTI AMARE RIOTERS, and well be reading 10+ pages of back and forth arguments.


  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by shaolin
    Did I say something unpopular again? I'm sorry to disrupt the flow of your day and make you shrug your head in dissappointment. Let me explain. Amare's days as a super-freak dunking on two people off two legs without a running start are over, but Amare isn't a dud. He needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game. His J will start falling on a regular basis and he will spread the court for Melo and Lin. He isn't going to give you ANYTHING on defense. At least Melo isn't a complete liability of defense. Actually, I'd argue that he is above average on D. But, I digress . . . this is about Amare - dude has some game left. He can average 17 and 7 the rest of the season (not including the other games played). I actually have no idea what his season stats are, and I'm not going to look it up. This isn't a statistical analysis. I'll leave it to the true duds (Hollinger) and his flawed model (his bullsh1t PER).

    To be fair, I know I don't watch the Knicks like most of ya, but I do think that Amare can still finish around the rim in many situations. One doesn't have to be a physical freak to finish around the rim on occasion. Just need to be smart!!! He needs to learn how to adjust his game to add longevity (and his productive years) to his career. And most importantly, you don't think a 38" standing vertical to get your shot off. At 6'11, you just need some space and a bunch of confidence. Amare has the ability to knock down shots. It's not like that part of his game will never come back. I think he'll have to be more of a jump shooting PF like a Bosh. He has guys that will attract the defense. I'd like to see more pick and pop with Amare.
    Amare has been rejected over 42 times this season.....Maybe his knee's have had it ?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Amare has been rejected over 42 times this season.....Maybe his knee's have had it ?
    That's cause he's playing like the 23 years old version of himself. He can adjust his game. I almost never seen him head or pump fake. He b-lines all the way to the rim usually or goes straight up never getting the defensive player off balance. He only hesitates when he shoots which shows lack of confidence.

    How come Zach Randolph jumps 5 inches off the ground, but no one blocks him?

  6. #6
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    STAT reportedly lost 10 pounds in 10 days and is on his way to his ideal weight....

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I think old STAT is about to return, and we saw some sparks of that old STAT vs Dallas... hopefully he'll kick ass tonight too.

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He has been actually playing defense in the last two games, and pretty well actually. And he seems much faster, I think loosing weight has helped a lot

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    right....amare moved so quick on defense you did not even see him trying to guard parker.....come on!!!!

    yes offensively he looks better...but defense tonight is piss poor

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2012, 07:38
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2011, 23:03
  3. Can Lee and Amare play together?
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2010, 12:00
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2010, 04:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •