I haven't given up hope on Amare yet

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Did I say something unpopular again? I'm sorry to disrupt the flow of your day and make you shrug your head in dissappointment. Let me explain. Amare's days as a super-freak dunking on two people off two legs without a running start are over, but Amare isn't a dud. He needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game. His J will start falling on a regular basis and he will spread the court for Melo and Lin. He isn't going to give you ANYTHING on defense. At least Melo isn't a complete liability of defense. Actually, I'd argue that he is above average on D. But, I digress . . . this is about Amare - dude has some game left. He can average 17 and 7 the rest of the season (not including the other games played). I actually have no idea what his season stats are, and I'm not going to look it up. This isn't a statistical analysis. I'll leave it to the true duds (Hollinger) and his flawed model (his bullsh1t PER).

To be fair, I know I don't watch the Knicks like most of ya, but I do think that Amare can still finish around the rim in many situations. One doesn't have to be a physical freak to finish around the rim on occasion. Just need to be smart!!! He needs to learn how to adjust his game to add longevity (and his productive years) to his career. And most importantly, you don't think a 38" standing vertical to get your shot off. At 6'11, you just need some space and a bunch of confidence. Amare has the ability to knock down shots. It's not like that part of his game will never come back. I think he'll have to be more of a jump shooting PF like a Bosh. He has guys that will attract the defense. I'd like to see more pick and pop with Amare.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Did I say something unpopular again? I'm sorry to disrupt the flow of your day and make you shrug your head in dissappointment. Let me explain. Amare's days as a super-freak dunking on two people off two legs without a running start are over, but Amare isn't a dud. He needs to take 12 to 15 shots a game. His J will start falling on a regular basis and he will spread the court for Melo and Lin. He isn't going to give you ANYTHING on defense. At least Melo isn't a complete liability of defense. Actually, I'd argue that he is above average on D. But, I digress . . . this is about Amare - dude has some game left. He can average 17 and 7 the rest of the season (not including the other games played). I actually have no idea what his season stats are, and I'm not going to look it up. This isn't a statistical analysis. I'll leave it to the true duds (Hollinger) and his flawed model (his bullsh1t PER).

To be fair, I know I don't watch the Knicks like most of ya, but I do think that Amare can still finish around the rim in many situations. One doesn't have to be a physical freak to finish around the rim on occasion. Just need to be smart!!! He needs to learn how to adjust his game to add longevity (and his productive years) to his career. And most importantly, you don't think a 38" standing vertical to get your shot off. At 6'11, you just need some space and a bunch of confidence. Amare has the ability to knock down shots. It's not like that part of his game will never come back. I think he'll have to be more of a jump shooting PF like a Bosh. He has guys that will attract the defense. I'd like to see more pick and pop with Amare.

Here's the Official Support Amare thread, where this belongs: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12063 :thumbsup:

skisloper

Starter

Amare has been rejected over 42 times this season.....Maybe his knee's have had it ?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Here's the Official Support Amare thread, where this belongs: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12063 :thumbsup:
THIS! no offense to the OP but, there are threads for this, can we start posting things that are like developing News. Informational stuff not everyone might not be aware of. This thread will only bring attention and Rants from the ANTI AMARE RIOTERS, and well be reading 10+ pages of back and forth arguments.

gun-pistol-fml-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-191.gif

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Amare has been rejected over 42 times this season.....Maybe his knee's have had it ?

That's cause he's playing like the 23 years old version of himself. He can adjust his game. I almost never seen him head or pump fake. He b-lines all the way to the rim usually or goes straight up never getting the defensive player off balance. He only hesitates when he shoots which shows lack of confidence.

How come Zach Randolph jumps 5 inches off the ground, but no one blocks him?

Forrest17

Rotation player
He has been actually playing defense in the last two games, and pretty well actually. And he seems much faster, I think loosing weight has helped a lot

skisloper

Starter
right....amare moved so quick on defense you did not even see him trying to guard parker.....come on!!!!

yes offensively he looks better...but defense tonight is piss poor

KingofNy

Starter
Amarknee is garbage. We'd be lucky to trade him for a second round pick right now. He couldn't defend a High School PF... Not to mention a HS PF would probably send him packing. I've never seen an All-star player go from so good to so bad in such a short time. Stat is trash and kills our team. If we can't move him by the trade deadline, he needs to be benched directly after.

quiggle

Starter
still holding out hope? its like those freckled face girls that wear glasses larger then there heads reading romance novels 24/7 hoping some knight in armor will come swoon and swoop here away to a palace. come on, Renaissance Man playing again like he did in Pheonix is like trying to play a cassette in a cd player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Once we FIRE Dantoni.....we will have a winning postseason roster from the leadership of Tyson/Stat/Melo.....
the talent level we have on this Knicks roster will be outstanding once we have a halfcourt system with design plays for several players to score, and a help-defensive system where we dont have Pierce & Dirk shooting over our smaller players, or Stat defending Parker on the peremeter. We need a coach that knows what tandem or trio of players play best together on offense or defense.

In the Knicks last 3 games we watch coach Doc Rivers system, coach Rick Carlisle system, and the NBA best unified offense/defense system from Spurs strategic coach Pop......when u compare these 3 coaches to the 4-seasons of Dantoni's no-defense system and 3-ball offense system its like High School to NBA.

p0nder

Starter
Amare is all good man. he's getting better and better every game since the allstar break.

Also i just came in here to ask how one shrugs their head? i've been trying for like 5 minutes now and i can figure it out.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Amar'e is the best pick-and-roll finisher power forward in the game.
He still is.

It's just that his defense is also one of the worst in the NBA at PF, and he has ZERO post up game and very poor rebounding, and mediocre shot blocking.

So in my opinion the team HAS TO FIND A WAY to use his only strength, which is the pick and roll.

Otherwise you'll never get an effective game out of Amare.

And you cannot trade Amare simply because of all the guaranteed money and years. No team will take that on until there's one year left in the contract.

So we have to run a lot of plays that involve Amare and Melo both, like Melo handling the ball in a PNR with Amare.
Melo of course then needs to improve his handling and distributing skills.

iSaYughh

Starter
Once we FIRE Dantoni.....we will have a winning postseason roster from the leadership of Tyson/Stat/Melo.....
the talent level we have on this Knicks roster will be outstanding once we have a halfcourt system with design plays for several players to score,
and a help-defensive system where we dont have Pierce & Dirk shooting over our smaller players, or Stat defending Parker on the peremeter. We need a coach that knows what tandem or trio of players play best together on offense or defense.

In the Knicks last 3 games we watch coach Doc Rivers system, coach Rick Carlisle system, and the NBA best unified offense/defense system from Spurs strategic coach Pop......when u compare these 3 coaches to the 4-seasons of Dantoni's no-defense system and 3-ball offense system its like High School to NBA.

president-obama-and-the-first-ladys-o-rly-faces-1119-1306455515-5.jpg