Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678923 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 388

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

  1. #31
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Am I reading this right? Melo is pouting because he doesn't have the ball as much as he did before. So how much longer do we have to wait before the 20-million dollar man decides to show up for a big game?

    Melo played like a scrub last night. There is no sugarcoating around his dismal performance. He needs to wake the f*ck up and start producing.
    No you are not reading it right. You clearly don't get it and I don't feel like explaining it to you. Good day sir.

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Never seen a so called star player make so many excuses or have fans make so many excuses for him.

    Either you play good or you don't.

    His latest excuse is that he's having trouble adjusting to waiting off the ball but he fails to admit is that when he was controlling the ball we sucked and his stats were still dreadful.

    Melo GROW UP or go find another city to play for....you Puerto Rican traitor!
    +1

    The mark of a true "superstar" is someone who's game is so refined and dominant that you place them on the court and it doesn't matter who they are playing with, where they are playing....they will produce and play like stars.

    Unreal.

    And the reason Melo is getting "frozen" out of plays at time, is because he freezes himself out by acting like a clueless stiff just waiting to have the ball perfectly dropped in his paws so he can do what he wants with it.

    ****ing move, respect the team, respect the offense.

    Amare just looks gimp and aged. Melo's skill set is still totally in tact.

    Never seen such a player have his performance fold like such a cheap suit before. Let alone under D'antoni, and having quality PG's in Lin/Davis now to boot.

  3. #33
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Never seen a so called star player make so many excuses or have fans make so many excuses for him.

    Either you play good or you don't.

    I don't here Kobe bitching about playing with a broken finger, nose or sore knees. Don't remember Bernard King bitching when he single hand took out the Pistons with 2 dislocated thumbs.

    Fact is -- Melo is acting like a puta and playing like a stiff. He only had like 4 good games this season

    He is shooting is poor, Brandon Jennings like -besides his shooting...Melo is a good offensive rebounder and makes solid assist...Melo can play like a 25 ppg 8 reb 5 assist type player... effect the game like a god.

    His latest excuse is that he's having trouble adjusting to waiting off the ball but he fails to admit is that when he was controlling the ball we sucked and his stats were still dreadful.

    Melo GROW UP or go find another city to play for....you Puerto Rican traitor!
    How do you explain Felton's subpar play in POR?
    How do you explain Turkoglu's performance when he was in TOR?
    How do explain Brands performance in PHI from LAC?

    All these guys went to a different system and never looked comfortable. I respect you as a poster but sometimes you like to act all dumb like you don't understand something just to further your point. That "either you play good or you don't" comment is so weak. Act like you have some basketball sense man.

  4. #34
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    +1

    The mark of a true "superstar" is someone who's game is so refined and dominant that you place them on the court and it doesn't matter who they are playing with, where they are playing....they will produce and play like stars.

    Unreal.

    And the reason Melo is getting "frozen" out of plays at time, is because he freezes himself out by acting like a clueless stiff just waiting to have the ball perfectly dropped in his paws so he can do what he wants with it.

    ****ing move, respect the team, respect the offense.

    Amare just looks gimp and aged. Melo's skill set is still totally in tact.

    Never seen such a player have his performance fold like such a cheap suit before. Let alone under D'antoni, and having quality PG's in Lin/Davis now to boot.
    You contradict yourself here. You are one of the main people who want Melo to keep the ball moving right? When he attempts to play his game, you complain and bitch about him going ISO. That's a big part of his game! Unfortunately, people like you and the media has him thinking too much instead of just balling like he knows how to. You are unbelievable.

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    How do you explain Felton's subpar play in POR?
    How do you explain Turkoglu's performance when he was in TOR?
    How do explain Brands performance in PHI from LAC?

    All these guys went to a different system and never looked comfortable. I respect you as a poster but sometimes you like to act all dumb like you don't understand something just to further your point. That "either you play good or you don't" comment is so weak. Act like you have some basketball sense man.
    Felton came to Portland out of shape and Portland plays the slowest pace in the NBA...Felton wouldn't have played well anyway.

    Toronto is a terrible team and Turk is past his prime.

    Brand is actually playing good, best post defender in the NBA and has been a good all around PF for PHI, he's played a key role in their success.

    You tried to make good points, they all make sense no doubt. You're a good poster and I always respected you even if you may not think highly of me. I just think you can't give Melo excuses...Melo is getting like 18 mil a year...when we group Melo with role players you know Melo is messing up and Melosexuals are becoming desperate for excuses.

    Either you play good or you don't, especially in Melo's case...Melo is multi talented...Felton, Turk and Brand don't have Melo's attributes...those guys can be sub par because they're not paid to be MVP caliber players. Do you understand what I'm trying to say here?

  6. #36
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Felton came to Portland out of shape and Portland plays the slowest pace in the NBA...Felton wouldn't have played well anyway.
    You have no proof he was out of shape, stop it. So I guess Portland's slow pace hurt Felton's game huh? Is that an excuse? (yeah ok)

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Toronto is a terrible team and Turk is past his prime.
    What does the state of the team have to do with Turks play? He was horrible and is actually playing better now in ORL.[/quote]

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Brand is actually playing good, best post defender in the NBA and has been a good all around PF for PHI, he's played a key role in their success.
    Brand has never been the player he was in LA and that's a fact.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You tried to make good points, they all make sense no doubt. You're a good poster and I always respected you even if you may not think highly of me. I just think you can't give Melo excuses...Melo is getting like 18 mil a year...when we group Melo with role players you know Melo is messing up and Melosexuals are becoming desperate for excuses.

    Either you play good or you don't, especially in Melo's case...Melo is multi talented...Felton, Turk and Brand don't have Melo's attributes...those guys can be sub par because they're not paid to be MVP caliber players. Do you understand what I'm trying to say here?
    All those guys have things they do better than Melo

    Brand - Rebounding and post player
    Felton - Passing
    Turk - 3pt shooting

    Also, I believe Brand was paid like an MVP player.

  7. #37
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I agree with nyk_nyk , not trying offend anyone but I don't think a lot you of either play ball or analyze other teams and players properly thats not on the Knicks.

    Even with superstar players if you put them in situation where their not comfortable it's not gonna work out.

    Imagine if tmrw OKC says you know what Durant we can't have you shoot as much were gonna need you to be our point forward and just set everyone up. You guys honestly think Durant would be successful in that role?

    Or Miami told both Wade and James let Chalmers run the show and if and when he gets to you then you guys can shoot, they'd both struggle terribly.

    You can't make ppl play in roles their not comfortable with like me I was a pretty good PG in HS that liked to control the game, but if I was asked to play off the ball my play dropped drastically because I just felt so uncomfortable.

    Even team USA prior to winning in 08 with the great coach K, one of the reason's they were losing is because guys weren't used to being just role players on each of their teams they were the best guys and couldn't adjust to just getting the ball sometimes. It's really hard to do.
    Last edited by NYCLakerfan; Mar 07, 2012 at 17:03.

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    You have no proof he was out of shape, stop it. So I guess Portland's slow pace hurt Felton's game huh? Is that an excuse? (yeah ok)


    What does the state of the team have to do with Turks play? He was horrible and is actually playing better now in ORL.


    Brand has never been the player he was in LA and that's a fact.



    All those guys have things they do better than Melo

    Brand - Rebounding and post player
    Felton - Passing
    Turk - 3pt shooting

    Also, I believe Brand was paid like an MVP player.





    Felton reported to training camp as a fatty, look it up.

    Going from D'Antoni's system (where Felton played the best ball of his career) to McMillian's sytem...where the ball isn't pushed, assist and points will go down...no break out games; strickly half court play. You talk about basketball sense but I feel like a dad holding a childs hand to cross the street. These are simple things you should know already.

    Turk is still pass his prime and he was averaging the same numbers as he does in Orlando now, only difference was he went from Dwight Howard to Andrea Bargnani. So whats you're point? You're not making any sense.

    Brand was paid like a MVP player, so what....injuries, age....who expects Brand to averaging 20/10/2? The fact that Brand is still playing at a good level is a miracle.

    That was truely a post that said nothing you were better off not replying; you're being stubborn now...its making you look stiffer than melo. Be suave.
    Last edited by metrocard; Mar 07, 2012 at 18:54.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I agree with nyk_nyk , not trying offend anyone but I don't think a lot you of either play ball or analyze other teams and players properly thats not on the Knicks.

    Even with superstar players if you put them in situation where their not comfortable it's not gonna work out.

    Imagine if tmrw OKC says you know what Durant we can't have you shoot as much were gonna need you to be our point forward and just set everyone up. You guys honestly think Durant would be successful in that role?

    Or Miami told both Wade and James let Chalmers run the show and if and when he gets to you then you guys can shoot, they'd both struggle terribly.

    You can't make ppl play in roles their not comfortable with like me I was a pretty good PG in HS that liked to control the game, but if I was asked to play off the ball my play dropped drastically because I just felt so uncomfortable.

    Even team USA prior to winning in 08 with the great coach K, one of the reason's they were losing is because guys weren't used to being just role players on each of their teams they were the best guys and couldn't adjust to just getting the ball sometimes. It's really hard to do.

    You really come off arrogant in this post... Why can't you make a point without attacking people's knowledge? Because you look like the only stupidass in the thread all naively arrogant. You're too old to be acting like that...be better.

    I been following the NBA deeply since 99', not just the Knicks. So have many people here too. You can think what you want, but my bball knowledge can't be question; whether you disagree or not due to personal opinions I always provide facts, stats, history and logic. Melo has failed as a scorer, as a leader, as a point forward and any role you can play him.

    Thats just an honest assessment from watching him come to this season so unprepared...Melo wasn't ready to be a leader on this team. Being a Knick was just Melo's fantasy; he didn't come here with a plan. He's been horrible at adversity.

    Its too much softness; you were a "good" PG but obviously not good enough to adjust. Thats WEAK. If I underachieve in my athletic sport (whether it was baseball, wrestling or boxing) and I can't adjust to a challenge; that just means I lack hard work, preparation and mental toughness. You have to prepare for every situation. Only losers expect their same game can get them through every obstacle. Melo's been overrated and over valued. He's not that GOOD as advertised.

  10. #40
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Last week it was STAT this week its Melo getting the heat. Next week you guys will call for Lin's head and a week later Tyson.

    The roster is just getting settled in and people are still looking to find thier roles, just chill and be patient. Think postive and postive things happen.

  11. #41
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard

    Its too much softness; you were a "good" PG but obviously not good enough to adjust. Thats WEAK. If I underachieve in my athletic sport (whether it was baseball, wrestling or boxing) and I can't adjust to a challenge; that just means I lack hard work, preparation and mental toughness. You have to prepare for every situation. Only losers expect their same game can get them through every obstacle. Melo's been overrated and over valued. He's not that GOOD as advertised.
    That is dead on
    This video pretty much sums up our 2011-2012 Knicks season in a nutshell!!
    Last edited by SoCal KnicksFan; Mar 07, 2012 at 18:04.

  12. #42
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Last week it was STAT this week its Melo getting the heat. Next week you guys will call for Lin's head and a week later Tyson.

    The roster is just getting settled in and people are still looking to find thier roles, just chill and be patient. Think postive and postive things happen.
    In the last 4 games Melo is getting rejected regularly at the rim. Malik Rose never even got rejected this many time and he was a 6'4" power forward.

    vs Dallas 3 BA
    vs Boston 3 BA
    vs Clev 2 BA
    vd Miami 5 BA

    Count it 13 blocks against.

    Why?

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    No such thing as "TOO MANY SUPERSTARS!" Magic also had Worthy and Kareem. Bird also had Mchale and Walton. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. So why are the "Big Three's" co-existing in Boston and now Miami? Superior coaching is the answer. TWO WORDS: PHIL JACKSON.

  14. #44
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    No such thing as "TOO MANY SUPERSTARS!" Magic also had Worthy and Kareem. Bird also had Mchale and Walton. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. So why are the "Big Three's" co-existing in Boston and now Miami? Superior coaching is the answer. TWO WORDS: PHIL JACKSON.
    A superstar is a top 10 player. Top 15 atleast. Melo, Amare and Chandler don't rank up that high unfortunately.

  15. #45
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Just off my head

    1. James
    2. Durant
    3. Paul
    4. Rose
    5. Wade
    6. Howard
    7. Bryant
    8. Love
    9. Williams
    10. Bynum
    11. Griffin
    12. Aldridge
    13. Westbrook
    14. Dirk or Gasol
    15. Josh Smith or Iggy Dala

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  2. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •