Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

How about we hop off Melo's sack and talk about what our team needs to win, Melo is not no damn Glenn Robinson and he is a top 5 talent and top 10 player in this game, how ever way you cut it he is a top 10 player,what more can we ask for then a top 10 player on the face of the earth playing for our team? Why do we make an insulting thread about the guy when he chose to come here to help NYC return to glory?

Superstar

Add Player of the month to the resume

Haha what a strange comparison.

WOW!!!!!

Questioning Melo, Our true Superstar..? This thread is beyond stupid!!!! We are in the playoffs for the second straight year ALL thanks to Melo.

Stop complaining on the fact that we are not Miami or Chicago, and start Loving the fact that We Are The New York Knicks. We play our way and with Coach Woodson it starts with Defense, unlike Dan'tonio....?

Flossy out...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The only stupid people here are the ones who reply to this thread after Melo's amazing month(thank god for that).

It's old thread, bumped in being stressed out by Melo's poor first half of the season.

Learn how to READ, before you use to the word stupid on anything.

This thread is pretty much due to the fact everyone is repeating themselves and sounding really unintelligent.

We support Melo as Knick fans and get frustrated when our players don't preform, it goes for every player.

Time to let it go, because you guys are looking profoundly retarded and need a slap to the face.

If you're a newbie, TRY your best to not ACT like one.

I have ALWAYS felt that way about Melo, Not just last month. (it's called he was injured).

Coach Woodson actually stresses Defense and that is what we needed as a Head Coach!

But I understand that you Dislike the Knicks! So I'm sorry. But Some of us actually understand that in a shorten season it takes time to GEL!!!

Flossy out...

12th man

Its easy to come out and say that now dude, so just go back to the hole you crawled from and stay there. You're just proving yourself to be a bandwagon and fairweather fan.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Its easy to come out and say that now dude, so just go back to the hole you crawled from and stay there. You're just proving yourself to be a bandwagon and fairweather fan.
    So just to make it clear metro:

What is the point of this thread and what's your attitude towards Melo?

Was it meant to be a positive or negative comparision?

Do you like Melo or don't like Melo?

I can't make anything out of this 20-page thread, because imo you wind around like a snake.

The initial OT seemed to be a negative comparision to me, because all I can think of when I hear the name Glen Robinson is a fat and overpaied forward who was more injured than healthy......

Now in your last post you seem to call people out who critiziced Melo.

I don't get this, enlighten me!

What's your stance?

12th man

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    So just to make it clear metro:

What is the point of this thread and what's your attitude towards Melo?

Was it meant to be a positive or negative comparision?

Do you like Melo or don't like Melo?

I can't make anything out of this 20-page thread, because imo you wind around like a snake.

The initial OT seemed to be a negative comparision to me, because all I can think of when I hear the name Glen Robinson is a fat and overpaied forward who was more injured than healthy......

Now in your last post you seem to call people out who critiziced Melo.

I don't get this, enlighten me!

What's your stance?

Point of the thread was to point out Carmelo's scoring alone won't get this team far, and has similar tendacies and scoring efficiency to Glen Robinson(Carmelo is obviously better)

My attitude towards Melo isn't emotional. When I was younger, I was a very patriotic National Puerto Rican team fan, and we had a weak SF/PF. Melo would of been perfect on the team but opted out the offer to play on a loaded USA squad. Thats why in 2004, when PR beat USA 92-73, it was huge because LeBron, Melo, and Wade were on that team. Melo has been an excellent Olympic player and clutch player, but he also has had his downfalls. I will credit and critique Melo when the time is right. I have very little regard and respect for people who come out the closet (if they're anti melo, they'll come out when he's doing bad or if they're pro melo, they'll come out when he's doing good). The only true Melo fans are really CA7 and a few others here who will stick with Melo through the good and bad.

20 pages, I'm still saying the same thing, only difference I'm giving credit to Melo for doing what he's suppose to do. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? You think I made this because I hate Melo? Really...we have to be less sensitive in here.

My stance is real, and everyone on this site knows me I'll keep it real and factual...I like stats and I like research, I'm not a cheerleader for Melo, I'm just a dedicated fan to my teams future.

I was never an advocate of Melo being the primary focus on this team, and never will be...hence when I made the comparison to Glen Robinson. Melo's impact will have its limits, and the people on this thread who are wrong are the ones who believe Melo is untouchable and better than Kobe, Durant, LBJ and etc....the same guy who only made it out the first round 1 out of 9 attempts with a very talented Denver squad.

The problem is too many Melosexuals eat their own bull****, **** it out and eat it off the floor and continue that cycle again.

If you couldn't appreciate and understand the facts, information I presented in this thread, then you obviously have an agenda yourself.

As for I, my stance is mobile. I will credit Melo when he does good and I will support him for future success because it'll make us a better team. But my knowledge is clear that success may be limited because Melo isn't a top 10-15 player for a full NBA regular season.

Point of the thread was to point out Carmelo's scoring alone won't get this team far, and has similar tendacies and scoring efficiency to Glen Robinson(Carmelo is obviously better)

My attitude towards Melo isn't emotional. When I was younger, I was a very patriotic National Puerto Rican team fan, and we had a weak SF/PF. Melo would of been perfect on the team but opted out the offer to play on a loaded USA squad. Thats why in 2004, when PR beat USA 92-73, it was huge because LeBron, Melo, and Wade were on that team. Melo has been an excellent Olympic player and clutch player, but he also has had his downfalls. I will credit and critique Melo when the time is right. I have very little regard and respect for people who come out the closet (if they're anti melo, they'll come out when he's doing bad or if they're pro melo, they'll come out when he's doing good). The only true Melo fans are really CA7 and a few others here who will stick with Melo through the good and bad.

20 pages, I'm still saying the same thing, only difference I'm giving credit to Melo for doing what he's suppose to do. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? You think I made this because I hate Melo? Really...we have to be less sensitive in here.

My stance is real, and everyone on this site knows me I'll keep it real and factual...I like stats and I like research, I'm not a cheerleader for Melo, I'm just a dedicated fan to my teams future.

I was never an advocate of Melo being the primary focus on this team, and never will be...hence when I made the comparison to Glen Robinson. Melo's impact will have its limits, and the people on this thread who are wrong are the ones who believe Melo is untouchable and better than Kobe, Durant, LBJ and etc....the same guy who only made it out the first round 1 out of 9 attempts with a very talented Denver squad.

The problem is too many Melosexuals eat their own bull****, **** it out and eat it off the floor and continue that cycle again.

If you couldn't appreciate and understand the facts, information I presented in this thread, then you obviously have an agenda yourself.

As for I, my stance is mobile. I will credit Melo when he does good and I will support him for future success because it'll make us a better team. But my knowledge is clear that success may be limited because Melo isn't a top 10-15 player for a full NBA regular season.

Yesterday's game is an example why he is not a top 10 or even 15 player in the league. The most important game of the season and he .....without a better word....SUCK ass.

Originally Posted by Den318
    Yesterday's game is an example why he is not a top 10 or even 15 player in the league. The most important game of the season and he .....without a better word....SUCK ass.
    Yup Carmelo is the only great to have 1 bad game in the opening game of a series, he just sucks ass.

Thanks for the clarification and explanation bro!

I pretty much agree with you.

And I don't have an agenda

My father's from El Salvador, so I'm half Hispanic myself.

Veteran

So all this BS was because MELO spurned an offer to play for your P/R National Team? So all the stats and smack talking about MELO was pseudo macho crap? That is ho-s**t real talk. neg rep points all around for starting this thread and keeping this mess going during a playoff run. bad juju from fake fans no wonder our Knicks got spanked yesterday bad karma

Some people in here are so dumb and sensitive. I guess all it takes is one great month to be a top 10 player in the league, you dont even have to play good for a whole season smh

12th man

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So all this BS was because MELO spurned an offer to play for your P/R National Team? So all the stats and smack talking about MELO was pseudo macho crap? That is ho-s**t real talk. neg rep points all around for starting this thread and keeping this mess going during a playoff run. bad juju from fake fans no wonder our Knicks got spanked yesterday bad karma
    You still calling me a fake fan after all the battles we had?

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Thanks for the clarification and explanation bro!

I pretty much agree with you.

And I don't have an agenda

My father's from El Salvador, so I'm half Hispanic myself.
    One of my clients is from El Salvador, good people.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Some people in here are so dumb and sensitive. I guess all it takes is one great month to be a top 10 player in the league, you dont even have to play good for a whole season smh
    I've always had Melo is the top 15-20 easy...

I am grateful for us to have a top 15-20 player because when was the last time we had that since Sprewell and Ewing?