Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 620212223242526

Thread: Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How does my dick taste bro?

12th man

Dude, now if Melo starts playing like Glen Robinson, you will receive a permanent ban from this site.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    How does my dick taste bro?
    How does knowing absolutely nothing about basketball feel?

12th man

I'm pretty sure 99% of this forum would agree that I know atleast 150% more than you...even after this thread where I raised up unchallenged points and I clearly stated I support Melo and I used this thread to rally for Melo after his poor play. No one was surprised to see Melo play like this. He did PLAY like Glen Robinson, now he plays like Melo.

Rob, like I said, if you jinx Melo, good bye.

I'm pretty sure 99% of this forum would agree that I know atleast 150% more than you...even after this thread where I raised up unchallenged points and I clearly stated I support Melo and I used this thread to rally for Melo after his poor play. No one was surprised to see Melo play like this. He did PLAY like Glen Robinson, now he plays like Melo.

Rob, like I said, if you jinx Melo, good bye.
    thus spake metromod

Veteran

Metro has come a long way baby like them skinny cigs from Virginia!!!!!

12th man

Melo is that dude.

Veteran

Melo is that dude.
    I mean what a game Melo played yesterday. 36 points from all over the floor: three's, layups, midrange jumpers, isolation plays, rebound putbacks, the whole gambit. The only place Melo didn't score much from was from the free throw line because the refs swallowed the whistle while Melo was getting beaten to death. Shame when Hubie has to point out the obvious fouls the refs where missing as Melo took the rock to the hole. Melo beasted on the glass and when he was on the bench, JR and the bench mob kept it going. Highest point output for the season, 50 wins, one game away from the division title....Setting up for a showdown Thursday night at the UC Knicks-Bulls old school style.

12th man

The only thing I'd like to see from Melo now is make plays on defense. Send a message to the team and let them know defense is a priority. Scoring becomes easy when you play good defense.

Veteran

The only thing I'd like to see from Melo now is make plays on defense. Send a message to the team and let them know defense is a priority. Scoring becomes easy when you play good defense.
    The problem is expending to much energy on the defensive end will hurt a pure scorer like Melo

12th man

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The problem is expending to much energy on the defensive end will hurt a pure scorer like Melo
    I don't believe in that.

I believe if Woodson doesn't overplay Melo, Melo will have enough energy to provide 32-34 quality minutes. Copeland can play and fill in for Melo for 16-18 minutes.

This is why the Spurs are so successful.

Duncan, Ginobili, Parker all participate in defense and offense. Two way players = success.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I don't believe in that.

I believe if Woodson doesn't overplay Melo, Melo will have enough energy to provide 32-34 quality minutes. Copeland can play and fill in for Melo for 16-18 minutes.

Duncan, Ginobili, Parker all participate in defense and offense. Two way players = success.
    l

Agreed some games melo will need to post 40+ mins but most nights 34-36 is plenty. Copeland/Martin can cover the 4 while he rests JR is a formidable #2 option to run the offense through

Veteran

I don't believe in that.

Duncan and Ginobili aren't pure scorers